Dr. Gregory Barrow MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Sarasota, FL

3.0

August 1st, 2014
No Response
Dr Barrows is a great person but a poor communicator. I called him time after time to reschedule an appointment, a week after I saw him, no response. Again after two weeks, no response, again and again but again no response. I thought something may have happened to him, but no, nothing happened to him. Now I thought did I do or say something to him. I had been seeing him for about 3 months in which all our sessions had been just great and I felt I could open up to him. Now, I expect a professional person especially a pychologist/psychiatrist to call back a client and explain why he wants to discontinue. Well he never did. What kind of person does this especially someone in a profession such as his. I'm very disappointed and kinda hurt.

August 10th, 2013
Doesn't make much sense at all..now helpful, and does not really listen to the patient. No office staff there....

February 6th, 2013
Likes to hear himself talk, not so good at listening
He would spend most of the time talking about himself or going on about something else, leaving me little to no time to tell him how I was doing. Horrid at billing. Takes forever to hear back from him if you ever leave him a message. When I started he had all these grandiose plans for a medication overhaul, but halfway through the taper off/taper on process seemed to forget about it. What he said to me when I felt my world was crashing down and everything was going wrong, "Life isn't fair." I would not recommend him at all.

May 22nd, 2012
Dr. Barrow needs to see a psychiatrist.

April 2nd, 2012
very wise
10years ago every thing Dr Barrow told me has come to pass.. He knows many things.. very good...

February 8th, 2012
Dr. Barrow is a scatterbrain, forgets appointments, double books appointments, and doesn't remember the specifics of your profile. I will NEVER recommend him.

January 23rd, 2012
There is no office personnel. It is not always easy to speak with him and he does not return calls promptly. I stopped seeing him because he was not helping me and I began to feel he was more interested in payment than my welfare.

December 7th, 2011
I wouldn't recommend him.

November 2nd, 2011
Arrogant and Unhelpful
Unwilling to help my relative. Screens potential patients to see if he will take them as a patient. Cannot get through to any office personnel because phone is always on voice mail with doctor's message. Took two days for a call back.

December 22nd, 2010
Finally we have found the best!
Dr. Barrow accomplishes in one visit what takes other doctors several. He is a true professional. Welcome to Sarasota! Thanks.

December 1st, 2010
THE BEST OF THIS FIELD!
I highly recommended this Dr. to any of my acquintances. Hes very thorough and concerned felt very at ease and comfortable in talking with him.He recently moved his practice and I'll miss him terribly/

April 16th, 2010
He's great...
He actually helped me gain understanding of my condition on the first visit. GREAT guy!