Orthopaedic Surgeon
Ravalli Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
1190 Westwood Dr
Hamilton, MT 59840
406-363-2391
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  post right knee surgery in Glendive MT  |  show details
by Marla Malley on Apr 28th, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Behm for knee surgery and if I ever need reconstructive knee surgery after total knee, I plan to look him up in Hamilton. I had my surgery over 12 years ago and have been pleased with it ever since.

|  Not thorough  |  show details
by KLE on Mar 25th, 2013

Dr Behm evaluated me for a work-related leg injury in 2012. He failed to diagnose serious ankle injury, due to his assumption that stress xrays were not necessary. He failed to listen well or observe me closely during his exam, and somehow interpreted "Ooh, I can really feel that" as a painfree reaction to his ankle exam. As a result he concluded I had a simple fibula break that would need no further xrays or treatment, and would only need to be seen by an orthopedist again (following my 2 visits with him) one more time to be signed off as fully recovered and finish the paperwork. I delayed visiting my new orthopedist in my new location as I was manifestly not fully recovered, and trusted Dr. Behm's assurances, so assumed I just needed a little longer to recover than he thought. When I finally visited my new orthopedist he listened briefly to my history and immediately performed stress xrays of my ankle to reveal serious syndesmosis injury. Due to Dr Behm having missed the diagnosis, I had to fight for 2 months with Workers' Comp and undergo an "Independent Medical Exam" before Workers' Comp would approve the needed ankle reconstructive surgery I have just undergone. Due to the ankle damage my fibula break never healed, either. I DO NOT recommend him.

|  I didn't even want to give him 1 star, but I had to give him a star to write this review!  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He numbed the knee and popped it around 3 times or so. The knee became worse after he messed with it. He said he was confused as to what was wrong and then scheduled a surgery for a week later!!! Not quite sure what he was going to operate on when he was confused as to what was wrong! His PA was more knowledgeable than he was.

|  show details
Feb 3rd, 2013

Dr. Behm recommended and installed a metal-on-metal replacement hip called Birmingham Hip Resurfacing. Early on, it was abundantly clear that the hip was infected. However, Dr. Behm performed two more surgeries before acknowledging infection as a root cause. This delay, in our opinion, allowed the infection to incubate to a dangerous stage. Finally, we 'fired' Dr. Behm and had the hip revised by another surgeon who correctly diagnosed the infection and three more surgeries later, I was stable. In conclusion, I would not recommend Dr. Behm for any procedure.

|  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

Gave me back my active life. Excellent surgeon, inteligent and compasionate. I would recomend Dr. Behm to anyone having any pain. He is a world class surgeon!