Dr. Gregory Behm MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Salmon, ID

December 29th, 2016
Compassionate, caring, responsive staff

September 8th, 2015
I had a Birmingham hip replacement two years ago. Everything went just as he predicted and I am very pleased with his work and my curent physical condition.

April 17th, 2015
Awesome surgeon, awesome staff, awesome bedside manner! So thankful I chose to stay in Salmon and chose Dr. Behm to do my surgery.

February 26th, 2015
Shoulder Surgery
I would highly recommend Dr. Behm for anyone who has an orthopedic injury. I injuried my shoulder in a work related injury. They had me visit a PA at first but she failed to diagnose what was wrong after one x ray, stating that I was just "pill seeking". I got a referral to see Dr. Behm, as the pain had gotten unbearable. The first thing he did was took another set of x rays. He took me out to the hallway, showed me the results and explained what he had found. He was very reassuring, told me we were going to get a MRI done to get a clearer picture of what was wrong. He did surgery and for a while, I was doing much better, until I reinjured it. After the surgery, he showed me exactly what he found, was very reassuring, listened to everything I had to say, and was very clear as to what to expect. He is a very caring doctor, very understanding. What is so great about him is he will tell you exactly what he thinks, he doesn't beat around the bush and he really does care about his patients. He gets to know his patients, we aren't just a name on a file to him. I'm pleased to have him as my doctor. I'd give him a 10 out of 10, cause he's really one of the best.

April 28th, 2013
post right knee surgery in Glendive MT
I would recommend Dr. Behm for knee surgery and if I ever need reconstructive knee surgery after total knee, I plan to look him up in Hamilton. I had my surgery over 12 years ago and have been pleased with it ever since.

March 25th, 2013
Not thorough
Dr Behm evaluated me for a work-related leg injury in 2012. He failed to diagnose serious ankle injury, due to his assumption that stress xrays were not necessary. He failed to listen well or observe me closely during his exam, and somehow interpreted "Ooh, I can really feel that" as a painfree reaction to his ankle exam. As a result he concluded I had a simple fibula break that would need no further xrays or treatment, and would only need to be seen by an orthopedist again (following my 2 visits with him) one more time to be signed off as fully recovered and finish the paperwork. I delayed visiting my new orthopedist in my new location as I was manifestly not fully recovered, and trusted Dr. Behm's assurances, so assumed I just needed a little longer to recover than he thought. When I finally visited my new orthopedist he listened briefly to my history and immediately performed stress xrays of my ankle to reveal serious syndesmosis injury. Due to Dr Behm having missed the diagnosis, I had to fight for 2 months with Workers' Comp and undergo an "Independent Medical Exam" before Workers' Comp would approve the needed ankle reconstructive surgery I have just undergone. Due to the ankle damage my fibula break never healed, either. I DO NOT recommend him.

March 20th, 2013
I didn't even want to give him 1 star, but I had to give him a star to write this review!
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He numbed the knee and popped it around 3 times or so. The knee became worse after he messed with it. He said he was confused as to what was wrong and then scheduled a surgery for a week later!!! Not quite sure what he was going to operate on when he was confused as to what was wrong! His PA was more knowledgeable than he was.

December 9th, 2010
Gave me back my active life. Excellent surgeon, inteligent and compasionate. I would recomend Dr. Behm to anyone having any pain. He is a world class surgeon!