Overall Review

March 31st, 2016
Run, don't walk, to another physician
I liked him when I first was a patient around 15 years ago. He can be personable and was a better Doctor then. Since then all of my family have left his "doc in a box" practice for other doctors. His cursory and casual approach had me concerned; I doubted that he would figure out what was wrong if I developed a significant health concern. Within two months of seeing my (excellent) new primary I've discovered that I need to be on cholesterol meds (although my lab work was the same as it's been for years) and that I have a vertebrae problem in my neck that causes my headaches. (I was formerly treated unsuccessfully for migraines). Although he knew I'd had a neck injury Dr B had never scanned it. Save yourself; go elsewhere!

April 20th, 2011
In my opinion..
If you already know the cause of your illness, would like to get in and get out with antibiotics; Dr. Bongers is the doctor for you. He fails to diagnose and is quick to prescribe long term drug treatments. Be very cautious and ask him a lot of questions, because he won't ask you.

January 6th, 2011
what exam
has changed as a physician when I use to see him in wichita, non caring and shrugs things off now, refuses specialist, his nurse shelley is has an attitude. He needs a new environment - has become lax in this one

December 30th, 2010
Highly Recommend
Very professional, caring, takes the time to be friendly, listen, and answer questions. We have 3 young children and no longer see a pediatrician because we feel that we receive better care from Dr. Bongers than anywhere else so our entirely family now sees him as our physician. Prompt follow-up, helpful diagnoses, and an all-around great doctor.