Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
530 New Waverly Pl
Ste 301
Cary, NC 27518
919-851-3480
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Fantastic Doctor!!!!!!  |  show details
by Megan on Oct 23rd, 2013

I am new to the area and I was looking for a single physician practice to deliver our second child. I could not be happier that I stumbled upon Dr. Brannon. He is fantastic!! He is extremely positive and shares in the excitement of our pregnancy just as much as we do! After all these years, I feel he continues to be amazed by the beautiful miracle that is pregnancy. I am so lucky to have Dr. Brannon as my OB.

|  Arrogant and dismissive  |  show details
by Lisa M. on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr Brannon barely listened to me, and was highly dismissive of my issues. Would never recommend him to anyone

|  Changing OBs ASAP  |  show details
May 20th, 2013

I would NOT recommend Dr. Brannon. He comes across nice enough with jokes, etc. But he forgot to get me a referral to a cardiologist (something he said was his "top priority"), and forgot to send me in for the first trimester blood panel (I had to remind him of both). Then I found out that he does not offer NT screening unless there is family history or the mother is 35 . That is fine, but patients should be told that up front, so they can make an informed decision on whether to stay at his practice or go somewhere else where tests like that are standard care. I had to race to find a place to get the NT, since by the time I found out, I only had 2 days to get it done. Also, at my first meeting with him, at 6 weeks along, he already starting pushing for induction. I delivered two healthy full term babies, 9 lbs each, no complications. But he heard "big babies" and suggested we induce between 38-39 weeks, even though my body is obviously capable of delivering big babies. 38 weeks is WAY too early to induce for no medical reason! Every appointment has been rushed like I was a part on an assembly line. I am honestly shocked at how poorly I have been treated. I'm switching to someone who will take the time to care for me and my baby, and listen to MY desires for pregnancy and labor.

Jun 28th, 2012

Definitely worth waiting for!

|  Will never go anywhere else  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Brannon since 2006 when I moved to Raleigh. My husband and I struggled to have a child and he held my hand every step of the way. We have 2 beautiful babies and he told me during my pregnancy, i can come in here and have an ultrasound anytime i need to just to have a smile on my face if i was worried. While carrying my twins, we had a little scare with having a Level 2 ultrasound at another facility and he told me, if this is what you are to have is a special child, then thats what God intended. There is no need for additional testing. So we decided not to do additional testing and I ended up having healthy children. My mother dies a year after my twins were born and I went to see him. He took me into his office and we got the Bible out and went through several scriptures. Who does that? Dr. Brannon does, he is dedicated to his profession and has stood beside me every step of the way. Yes, he wears shorts and t-shirts and tennis shoes, and if he isnt your type of dtr that wears that, then go somewhere else. But im there to get the best care, not how he dresses. He jokes with me and jokes with his staff. They "GET" him. Not to mention he adopts children that need a better life and he adores children! I can naver imagine going anywhere else and hate the day is retires.

|  Horrid experience-Find somewhere else  |  show details
by jillian007 at Citysearch on Apr 7th, 2012 on citysearch.com

This Dr. is very rude and full of himself. I know it may be hard to believe just reading reviews, however take peoples word words for it and stay away!! I do not understand why some people find him to be energetic and confident and others say he is arrogant and rude. That is confusing to say the least. I have personally witnessed1. screaming at staff2. making condescending remarks personally at me3. belittling me4. off color \"jokes\" and I use that term loosely5. Other small items I will not mentionDo your research,he cannot keep ANY Drs with him in his practice.. that in itself speaks VOLUMES

Oct 8th, 2011

I have to agree with the statements made by the June 19th 2011 post. I like Dr. Brannon as a person, but I was not able to ask him all the questions I wanted to. I had a sibling recently die of ovarian cancer and now my aunt has also been diagnosed. I am looking for a doctor to work with me to develop a plan to detect any early signs of cancer- he was too rushy with me to take the time to listen to my questions and the other issues I had been suffering from. Dr. Brannon is a great doctor if you are looking for someone to just do your general exam, I never felt like he had any interest in getting to know me medically.

|  Will not go back  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2011

Dr. Brannon is very unprofessional from his sloopy shorts and t-shirt to his rudeness. I am not comfortable having a man do a pelvic exam on me dressed like a bum. I expect a doctor doing a personal, private examination to look like a professional, not like a man that just came in from a jog. He also called me "chick" as he walked into the exam room. He hurried through my exam and decided i needed surgery after 5 minutes. This was in my first visit to his office. I also took records and ultrasounds with me that my GP had ordered. Dr. Brannon threw them across the desk and said he did not look at test he did not order. I had a large cyst on my ovary that he would not address. He gave me a pamphlet to read on the procedure and I was told to come back in a week with any question. The pamphlet was not even on the procedure he was doing. He asked if I had questions as he was walking out the door. I had about 10. He answered 2. He was also 20 minutes late for the surgery. I did let him do the surgery only because I had extreme blood lose that had required transfusions and I was desperate for a solution. I did not do my follow up with him. Not for love nor money will I ever step foot in his office again!

|  Dr. Brannon is a great choice for an OB!  |  show details
by knolfotate at Citysearch on Dec 24th, 2010 on citysearch.com

This is our first baby here in NC, but we have lived other places and had other babies with other OB`s. Therefore, we are familiar with the process and knew what we were looking for when picking a doctor. In our search we wanted someone we could trust. We wanted someone who was confident and would look our for my safety and the safety of our baby to be. We are 37 weeks now and have been in and out of the hospital a few times. Overall, this has been a fairly good pregnancy, but I have had some issues with headaches. Every step of the way Dr. Brannon has been amazing. Yes, he is quick. Yes, he is fast. Yes, he will tell you exactly what is on his mind. But, the good side of that is that he treats and gets back to you quickly, takes care of your issue with speed and tells you exactly what needs to be done to keep you and your baby safe. He always thinks out his decisions and stands behind them. He is not a doctor who wants to pass the responsibility to anyone else!It amazes me that for a doctor who has practiced for so many years he still loves and values every baby that he helps bring into the world. He treats each mom and each baby as special and unique. You will be in great hands if you choose Dr. Brannon!

|  Excellent Physician, Outstanding Man  |  show details
by sue007 at Citysearch on Dec 22nd, 2010 on citysearch.com

Disagree completely with any negative reviews. I often find reviews confusing when I am searching out info as you don`t know who to believe. If you are like me, trust me when I share my experience to be true. I have been a patient of Dr. Brannon`s for 7 years. He has performed a D&C on me after my first miscarriage and showed such support when we found out in his office as a father would show a daughter. Truly amazing. When I mention his name to others I often hear similar stories of generosity and compassion that are too numerous to list. He has delivered 2 of my children and has also provided great counsel. I consider Dr. Brannon to be a Godsend to me and my family. His personality is definitely type A which is not to be negative, just to comment that he is energetic and confident. However when a serious situation arises he is an excellent listener and source of wisdom for anyone who will take the time to get to know him. Definitely give him a call, from one of his biggest fans and no I am not a relative or work in his office. Just thankful to have been referred to him by 5 diff. women on my search for an OB.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Love him and will not go anywhere else  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

I have been with Dr. B for over 18 yrs now. And I think he is great. He is very quick on the average visit, but with that being said he will take all the time you need to answer your questions and calm your concerns. He is a funny and lovable man. I would and do tell anyone I know about him...maybe its my personalty but I will not go anywhere else and I dread the day he retires. I have had 2 children and 1 miscarrige and he has always been there for me through all the hard times. Maybe it is just me and maybe I'm a special case...but he even postponed his vacation to deliver my 2nd child!!!!!

|  Dr. Brannon is a wonderful caring Doctor. Highly recommended  |  show details
by Courtney B. Broadway, NC on Nov 8th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Brannon through the entire duritation of my pregnancy. At first I was uncertain if I would like him due to many of the reviews people wrote about his personality. I am a very reserved person myself. However, with that said Dr. Brannon is a very silly easy going man. But I believe he is this way to take the stress off of his patients. Which in return has helped me to have peace of mind during this pregnancy and not get so high strung. I had a gallbladder issue in my 28th week of pregnancy. Dr.Brannon helped me to find a surgeon who has been so wonderful and together they were able to work with me and do some things medically that has enabled me to keep my child in the womb a little longer. Normally, doctors are so quick to just do a c-section and take the baby and the gallbladder which can be very dangerous delivering a baby at that state of gestiation. Since this has happened to me I have had two other friends who had gallbladder problems and had their babies between 26-31 weeks both which we recommendations of their OBGYNs. Both children stayed in the hosptial one is still in the hospital now and had major lung issues and infections. So maybe some people don't like Dr. Brannon's easy going personality but I can attest to the fact that when there is TRULY something wrong with you he is not going to ignore it. Sometimes it really is best to put faith into your doctors hands. I also know that Dr. Brannon is a Chrisitan man which was another reason why I selected him. He has always been gentle with me and friendly as well. I also am very greatly to him as I am a military spouse with a high risk pregnancy. Most Drs in the area wont accept my insurance because they literally pay out worse than medicade. Dr. Brannon met with my husband and I before accepting me as a new patient and he even explained to us the only reason he takes Tricare is for the military. It really meant a lot to both my huband and I to know I would be getting quality care. That truly says that this man isn't in this business for the money. His heart is in it as well. As he has gotten to know my family he has also made recommendedations to me for my 16 month old daughter who has some health conditions and he helped me to find a peditritican for her. Overall, I TRUST Dr. Brannon and while we may not have the same personality type I do belive that he is VERY EXPERIENCED, KIND, CARING and PASSIONATE about his work. I also LOVE his office staff. All of his nurses are wonderful and sweet and his receptionist is a doll. I have never ever ever had to wait longer than 15 minutes with the exception of a day when he was in a delivery I had to wait abou an hour but he couldn't help that at all. I have also never had one single issue with getting appoitments when I needed them or same day apts for emergencies. His after hours on call line is great to as you don't have to wait for a call back you are connected right on the spot. I have never had a doctor be so available to his patients.

|  DO NOT GO TO THIS PRACTICE  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2010

People should steer clear of this Dr.! Ive heard Dr. Rogers was a great Dr. however among others, he has left this practice.. I would never go back to this practice. Never! You will be extremely disappointed and treated rudely and without respect.

|  RUN-DONT WALK-AWAY FROM THIS PRACTICE  |  show details
by mimis mom at Citysearch on Oct 18th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I regret being a patient at this office. Dr Brannon is so arrogant and non professional, he thinks hes some sort of comedian and treats his office staff very rude. I overheard serveral comments screamed to the staff just in the short time I was there. He obviously has trouble keeping Drs. in practice with him. I know his website screams Christianity, but I havent witnessed any huge amount of caring or consideration for fellow woman, in this instance.....

|  I love this office  |  show details
by rybell at Citysearch on Aug 25th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I started going to Dr. Brannon in 2003 with my first pregnancy and have been with him since. I have had 2 c-sections and a Novasure procedure and with everyone of them Dr. Brannon was professional and was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. He is not the kind of doctor that holds your hand and coddles you but he will give you the most up to date information, answer all your questions and let you make an informed decision. He wants you to be involved with your health care. He has a strong personallity but he also has a huge heart. His practice is busy but what OB practice isn`t After having an emergency c section I can honestly say that he loves what he does and will do everything he can to bring your baby into this world as healthy as possible. He also is very understanding with gyn issues. He gives you the latest statiscs and information and provides you with the knowledge to make an informed decision.

|  Get Your Records, and RUN.....  |  show details
by wjhsbnc on May 21st, 2010 on citysearch.com

Was a patient for several years. Witnessed Dr. B yelling at a nurse and saying "use your head" over how much betadine was in a cup. "I`ve got a patient that`s gonna bleed to death and you can`t even pour betadine right". I was feeling comfortable about my DNC until all of this. Glad he didn`t want me to die, but the atmosphere was horrible. I`m a nurse and could see that his nurse had poured a 12 cup, he wanted a little more. The office staff is just a part of the domino effect it trickles down. They can`t get your records sent on time, can`t get prior approval on time, can`t keep your insurance filed. Every visit meant I had to call my insurance company because this office always thought I owed more money than my co-pay.

|  I love brannona  |  show details
by I love brannon on Apr 15th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I started going to dr brannon in 2007 with my first pregnancy and again with my second preg short after the care was amazing and i do agree that Dr. Rogers does take more time if you like jokes and are easy going go Brannon is your man . I saw dr brannon all thru my pregnancy up to 39 weeks when i saw rogers and sceduled an induction my induction was fine up to the birth part he missed my daughter being born even though they kept paging him my nurse had to get a midwife from another practice to deliever her after that it kept going down hill i had no epidural and got stitches that were painful but that wasent his fault i got released that sunday and did some walking around when i got a sharp lower pain the pain got worse and by sunday was unbearable at first i thought it might be gas or something but it got so bad i couldnt sleep or cough or even take care of my newborn or my toddler finally i called up there and they told me to come in Thank god it was Dr.Brannon he asked mw why i hadnt waited for him jiking around and he asked what was wrong he did an ultrasound and sure enough Dr.Rogers had left placenta in my uterus...you could clearly see Dr.Brannon was not happy at all he was gonna do a dialation and evac in the office but the pain was unbearable and he said he didnt want me to hurt anymore then i already was so i had emergency surgery the next morning while i waited for him to be able to fit me in he was kind a reassuring and pushes scheduled surgeries after i had mine i lost all trust for dr.rogers and am very glad he doesnt work there anymore or i can assure you i would have found another practice

|  BOVIE SCRATCHPAD left INSIDE me after C-SECTION  |  show details
by karaosh on Feb 11th, 2010 on citysearch.com

after my C-section, these doctors left a scratchpad, which is similar to a brillo pad inside me, it sat in my bowel for 6 weeks and caused damage...I needed a complete hysterectomy at age 34....this group is rushed and careless...FIND another practice, don`t let a mistake like mine happen to you.

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2010

In my opinion, Dr. Brannon is a self serving arrogant jerk.He was rude to his staff, not to mention my friends who were with me for the birth of my first child. I would not recommend this Dr. to my worst enemy.

|  Rude doctor, would NOT recommend  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2009

I can not even comment about my experience with Dr. Brannon without flashbacks. He is RUDE and will push you into an unnecessary c-section. I would NOT reccomend this OBGYN to anyone who wants some say and control over their birth. I would recommend him if you want to hear him belittle his nurses, or if you don't have a brithing plan and don't mind being pushed quickly through the whole birthing process, (Pushing pitocin 1 hour after arriving at the hospital... c'mon).

|  DO NOT GO HERE  |  show details
by julianna M on Nov 26th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Brannon is very arrogant and rude. I have never been so insulted in all my life. He rushes in and out of your room, without listening to Anything you have to say. He makes inappropriate comments, and takes joking way to far. The first visit he rudely interrupted me, made comments that were not warranted and was very harsh and extremely full of himself. I will NEVER return to this practice, and if you do some research, you will find Dr Brannon cannot keep any other doctors with him.. Wonder why

by casscade on Nov 9th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I have been with Dr. Brannon for a few years now. I recently had an ectopic pregnancy and Dr. Brannon saved my life and my ability to have children again. He made this difficult time bearable and is taking such good care of me I feel completely at ease

by sushigirlfriend on Nov 9th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Z retired, Dr. Scott did not last even a year and so it's down to Brannon and Rogers. I was not happy with my first OB office. I loved my Doctor (Dr. Tartarchek) but did not like the office one bit. A friend recommended Brannon and Rogers and I'm g

by bluefin88 on Sep 22nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Do not expect to leave here in less than an hour. Every time I go here I wait at least 45 min. in the waiting room and 15 min. laying on an uncomfortable exam table. They book WAY too many patients and it shows from the lack of impersonal service you rece

by hopefulNC on Sep 8th, 2009 on citysearch.com

On my first visit, I saw Dr Brannon. While nice enough, Dr Brannon is so fast with you, you barely have time to ask questions, much less get them answered. I was 35, diabetic, and concerned about being able to get pregnant. He told me to try for 6 months,

|  Wonderful!  |  show details
by K-C on May 15th, 2009

Dr Brannon has been my OBGYN for seven years, and through three pregnancies. He is great, I will always be a patient of his.

by amesjoy412 on Dec 19th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have never met three men who love their job and the Lord more. This was my first experience with male OBs, but they were incredible throughout my pregnancy. Dr. Brannon was my primary doctor and we loved him. He was going to be out of the country whe

by Lookingforsomeonewhocares on Dec 14th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I completely agree with the others who have reviewed this practice. While I have found that the nursing staff is courteous and friendly, Dr. Brannon is out of the room before he steps foot in the room. While this makes the yearly exam quick and painless

by TheMommy4 on Sep 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I've been a patient of this practice for 11 years. I've had a baby delivered by Dr. Brannon, Dr. Rogers and Dr. Z! I trust them completley, and am looking forward to seeing them again with my new pregnancy. I have always found them to be very open to m

by raleigh2008 on Sep 15th, 2008 on citysearch.com

This practice cancels and reschedules appts at this last min way too much!!! They have called me to reschedule because the doctors were going on vacation! I have gone to my appts twice in the last couple of months only to learn when I get there, the doc h

by KylieA on Jul 22nd, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was refered to this practice by a friend, Apparently we have had opposite expiernces. I started off seeing Dr. Brannon, He is a very funny DR. who makes u feel comfortable... but he is the reason why i cry everytime i leave there... He has canceled MAN

by simplycharming82 on Jun 13th, 2008 on citysearch.com

After visiting many offices in the area (inc. Triangle OBGYN), I finally found a place I felt at ease. The wait time for a new patient appointment was only 2 weeks (very reasonable in comparison to over a month for some places), and I only spent about 10-

by icnnurse on Jun 3rd, 2008 on citysearch.com

I am a patient of Dr.Brannon. Dr.Rogers delivered my first child. I was induced due to pre-eclampsia. My son did not tolerate high rates of pitocin. I was delivered by c section and then was started on mag sulfate (so my son never had to suffer the co

by involvedgirl on May 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was with them for quite a while during my first pregnancy. I finally wised up at 35 weeks! Dr. Brannon was my primary doctor and it was nearly impossible to meet Dr. Rogers because of the hours that they keep. I saw Rogers once and that was a fluke beca

by morrisvillemom on Apr 23rd, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Brannon is WONDERFUL!! When I was having lots of trouble finding a doctor while I was having a miscarriage at 6wks, Dr. Brannon's office got me an appt the same day and welcomed me to their practice. Dr. Brannon was so kind and sincere. He was the

by dbakernc on Mar 27th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Brannon delivered both of my kids. With my first I had a birth plan and everything. Dr. Brannon talked to me about it. Honestly Dr. Brannon was right, I ended up having to have an epiderul because I could not really relax and let the baby come. Wi

by eplofton123 on Feb 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

I would advise any pregnant woman to find another practice. Both men have zero bedside manners and discourage you from participating in your own care. Examples: I asked Dr. Rogers if stretching was the best way to avoid a tear (I tore with my first child)

by cooks4 on Dec 5th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I will not waste my time seeing them. They have terrible staffs and the doctor just come in for hi and bye, will not spent time for questions, always in a hurry for the next patient. This is a money mill that do not have time for care. I will NOT recomm

by pmoneymom on Sep 7th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rogers is a very competent, approachable doctor with a good bedside manner. Dr. Zilavey is much the same. Dr. Brannon, however, is antagonistic to questions and relevant medical information that counter induction and c-sections. I left this practic

by aishajay on Jun 26th, 2007 on citysearch.com

dr. brannon and rogers are the best ever.dr. brannon delivered my last 2 kids and he was the best. he helped me get though it without any problems. i don't think that i could ever go to any other drs. they have great family atmosphere,the staff always mak

by vipal on Nov 21st, 2006 on citysearch.com

I've known Dr. Brannon since 2002 . I was blessed to have had him as my doctor. I suffered 2 miscarriages with him and he was very compassionate. He delivered my 4th and final baby girl. Anytime I needed him he was always right there for me. He ' s

by susan_jan on Sep 9th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Drs Brannon and Rogers are fantastic! I've been seeing Dr Brannon for over 10 years and love him. He makes those girlie doc appointments go quickly because of his talkative bedside manner, but he doesn't miss a thing! Both doctors were great during my

by jacquiej on Feb 14th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Rogers is an angel in disguise. Not only is he an excellent doctor with incredible expertise in his field but he is a kind and caring physician. As a first time mother with a difficult pregnancy he made the entire experience enjoyable. He has delivere

by michelewahoo on May 18th, 2005 on citysearch.com

I am a huge fan of this physician. Despite the very busy practice, he always gives me the time and attention that I need. There have been several times where I called and needed to be seen the same day, the staff fit me into his schedule. He not only p