Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 7th, 2015

This Dr. performed a rectal exam on me without telling me he was going to do so. So unprofessional to touch a patient like this without notification or permission. I was too young for such an exam and there was no reason to perform it. To top it off he referred to me as "anal" for the rest of the office visit. The emotional distress that I have had to deal with has been unimaginable.

Mar 17th, 2015

He takes all of about 30 seconds for an annual exam. Very rushed. Also bills things that weren't actually done. Seems to be all about the money, pushing for procedures that aren't medically necessary.

Unprofessional physician known as the C-section doctor show details Unprofessional physician known as the C-section doctor
Nov 7th, 2014

My experience with this doctor is not a pleasant one. I am a RN and have worked with all types of physicians, but I have never encountered such an arrogant and rude doctor. He is very unprofessional, addressed me as "baby" and was beyond disrespectful to my mother during my final visit. He does not listen, was in and out in such a hurried manner. I would not let him examine my dog. Now, I am transferring to another practice because I do not trust what Dr. Brannon says or does. I want a doctor who listens and shows humility, not a jerk who fellow nurses call the C-section doctor because he won't let a woman progress through labor on their time schedule. Think twice before making an appointment with him.

Fantastic Doctor!!!!!! show details Fantastic Doctor!!!!!!
by Megan on Oct 23rd, 2013

I am new to the area and I was looking for a single physician practice to deliver our second child. I could not be happier that I stumbled upon Dr. Brannon. He is fantastic!! He is extremely positive and shares in the excitement of our pregnancy just as much as we do! After all these years, I feel he continues to be amazed by the beautiful miracle that is pregnancy. I am so lucky to have Dr. Brannon as my OB.

Arrogant and dismissive show details Arrogant and dismissive
by Lisa M. on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr Brannon barely listened to me, and was highly dismissive of my issues. Would never recommend him to anyone

Changing OBs ASAP show details Changing OBs ASAP
May 20th, 2013

I would NOT recommend Dr. Brannon. He comes across nice enough with jokes, etc. But he forgot to get me a referral to a cardiologist (something he said was his "top priority"), and forgot to send me in for the first trimester blood panel (I had to remind him of both). Then I found out that he does not offer NT screening unless there is family history or the mother is 35 . That is fine, but patients should be told that up front, so they can make an informed decision on whether to stay at his practice or go somewhere else where tests like that are standard care. I had to race to find a place to get the NT, since by the time I found out, I only had 2 days to get it done. Also, at my first meeting with him, at 6 weeks along, he already starting pushing for induction. I delivered two healthy full term babies, 9 lbs each, no complications. But he heard "big babies" and suggested we induce between 38-39 weeks, even though my body is obviously capable of delivering big babies. 38 weeks is WAY too early to induce for no medical reason! Every appointment has been rushed like I was a part on an assembly line. I am honestly shocked at how poorly I have been treated. I'm switching to someone who will take the time to care for me and my baby, and listen to MY desires for pregnancy and labor.

Jun 28th, 2012

Definitely worth waiting for!

Will never go anywhere else show details Will never go anywhere else
May 30th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Brannon since 2006 when I moved to Raleigh. My husband and I struggled to have a child and he held my hand every step of the way. We have 2 beautiful babies and he told me during my pregnancy, i can come in here and have an ultrasound anytime i need to just to have a smile on my face if i was worried. While carrying my twins, we had a little scare with having a Level 2 ultrasound at another facility and he told me, if this is what you are to have is a special child, then thats what God intended. There is no need for additional testing. So we decided not to do additional testing and I ended up having healthy children. My mother dies a year after my twins were born and I went to see him. He took me into his office and we got the Bible out and went through several scriptures. Who does that? Dr. Brannon does, he is dedicated to his profession and has stood beside me every step of the way. Yes, he wears shorts and t-shirts and tennis shoes, and if he isnt your type of dtr that wears that, then go somewhere else. But im there to get the best care, not how he dresses. He jokes with me and jokes with his staff. They "GET" him. Not to mention he adopts children that need a better life and he adores children! I can naver imagine going anywhere else and hate the day is retires.

Will not go back show details Will not go back
Jun 18th, 2011

Dr. Brannon is very unprofessional from his sloopy shorts and t-shirt to his rudeness. I am not comfortable having a man do a pelvic exam on me dressed like a bum. I expect a doctor doing a personal, private examination to look like a professional, not like a man that just came in from a jog. He also called me "chick" as he walked into the exam room. He hurried through my exam and decided i needed surgery after 5 minutes. This was in my first visit to his office. I also took records and ultrasounds with me that my GP had ordered. Dr. Brannon threw them across the desk and said he did not look at test he did not order. I had a large cyst on my ovary that he would not address. He gave me a pamphlet to read on the procedure and I was told to come back in a week with any question. The pamphlet was not even on the procedure he was doing. He asked if I had questions as he was walking out the door. I had about 10. He answered 2. He was also 20 minutes late for the surgery. I did let him do the surgery only because I had extreme blood lose that had required transfusions and I was desperate for a solution. I did not do my follow up with him. Not for love nor money will I ever step foot in his office again!

Love him and will not go anywhere else show details Love him and will not go anywhere else
Nov 17th, 2010

I have been with Dr. B for over 18 yrs now. And I think he is great. He is very quick on the average visit, but with that being said he will take all the time you need to answer your questions and calm your concerns. He is a funny and lovable man. I would and do tell anyone I know about him...maybe its my personalty but I will not go anywhere else and I dread the day he retires. I have had 2 children and 1 miscarrige and he has always been there for me through all the hard times. Maybe it is just me and maybe I'm a special case...but he even postponed his vacation to deliver my 2nd child!!!!!

Dr. Brannon is a wonderful caring Doctor. Highly recommended show details Dr. Brannon is a wonderful caring Doctor. Highly recommended
by Courtney B. Broadway, NC on Nov 8th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Brannon through the entire duritation of my pregnancy. At first I was uncertain if I would like him due to many of the reviews people wrote about his personality. I am a very reserved person myself. However, with that said Dr. Brannon is a very silly easy going man. But I believe he is this way to take the stress off of his patients. Which in return has helped me to have peace of mind during this pregnancy and not get so high strung. I had a gallbladder issue in my 28th week of pregnancy. Dr.Brannon helped me to find a surgeon who has been so wonderful and together they were able to work with me and do some things medically that has enabled me to keep my child in the womb a little longer. Normally, doctors are so quick to just do a c-section and take the baby and the gallbladder which can be very dangerous delivering a baby at that state of gestiation. Since this has happened to me I have had two other friends who had gallbladder problems and had their babies between 26-31 weeks both which we recommendations of their OBGYNs. Both children stayed in the hosptial one is still in the hospital now and had major lung issues and infections. So maybe some people don't like Dr. Brannon's easy going personality but I can attest to the fact that when there is TRULY something wrong with you he is not going to ignore it. Sometimes it really is best to put faith into your doctors hands. I also know that Dr. Brannon is a Chrisitan man which was another reason why I selected him. He has always been gentle with me and friendly as well. I also am very greatly to him as I am a military spouse with a high risk pregnancy. Most Drs in the area wont accept my insurance because they literally pay out worse than medicade. Dr. Brannon met with my husband and I before accepting me as a new patient and he even explained to us the only reason he takes Tricare is for the military. It really meant a lot to both my huband and I to know I would be getting quality care. That truly says that this man isn't in this business for the money. His heart is in it as well. As he has gotten to know my family he has also made recommendedations to me for my 16 month old daughter who has some health conditions and he helped me to find a peditritican for her. Overall, I TRUST Dr. Brannon and while we may not have the same personality type I do belive that he is VERY EXPERIENCED, KIND, CARING and PASSIONATE about his work. I also LOVE his office staff. All of his nurses are wonderful and sweet and his receptionist is a doll. I have never ever ever had to wait longer than 15 minutes with the exception of a day when he was in a delivery I had to wait abou an hour but he couldn't help that at all. I have also never had one single issue with getting appoitments when I needed them or same day apts for emergencies. His after hours on call line is great to as you don't have to wait for a call back you are connected right on the spot. I have never had a doctor be so available to his patients.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE show details HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE
Jan 31st, 2010

In my opinion, Dr. Brannon is a self serving arrogant jerk.He was rude to his staff, not to mention my friends who were with me for the birth of my first child. I would not recommend this Dr. to my worst enemy.

Rude doctor, would NOT recommend show details Rude doctor, would NOT recommend
Nov 28th, 2009

I can not even comment about my experience with Dr. Brannon without flashbacks. He is RUDE and will push you into an unnecessary c-section. I would NOT reccomend this OBGYN to anyone who wants some say and control over their birth. I would recommend him if you want to hear him belittle his nurses, or if you don't have a brithing plan and don't mind being pushed quickly through the whole birthing process, (Pushing pitocin 1 hour after arriving at the hospital... c'mon).

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
by K-C on May 15th, 2009

Dr Brannon has been my OBGYN for seven years, and through three pregnancies. He is great, I will always be a patient of his.