Dr. Gregory Brebach MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 1st, 2016
Simply the best
I was only 28 years old when I injured my back. I had a herniation that was putting pressure on nerves and making it extremely painful to do normal everyday tasks as well as walk before I had the surgery. Dr. Brebach was amazing the entire time he worked with me and to this day! He knew I was afraid of surgery as I had small children at the time, but also made it clear I really didn't have another choice, I couldn't continue to live in that much pain with small kids. I remember coming out of surgery and immediately the pain in my leg was gone. He came in with a big smile on his face and asked how I was, also that he was very excited that he did not cut through the tattoo on my back that he didn't want to mess it up! I thanked him as it was the very first tattoo I had ever gotten and it was important. Dr. Brebach has always treated me in a way that made me feel like family. He would never speak as though he was above you, and always the best bedside manner. I refer everyone who tells me they have back issues to Dr. Brebach as he is the ONLY doctor I would ever let touch my back!

May 6th, 2016
Great guy and even better Doctor

January 15th, 2016
Dr. Brebach genuinely cares about his patients. I cannot stress that enough! If I could rate his bedside manner a 10 I would! He took the time to explain pros and cons of my options for care. Since I had been having problems for years, we decided surgery was the best option. At 6 weeks post-op, I'm feeling great and will be going back to work. Highly recommended for back problems!

January 1st, 2016
I had a L4 to S1 fusion 2 1/2 months ago. I have my life back! I really never thought that I could feel this good again. I was quite nervous prior to surgery, having heard so many stories about fusions. Dr Brebach, who I researched, is extremely well trained. Anyway, the surgery has been a God send. It really has. I highly recommend Dr Brebach. He delivered.

November 9th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor. Very pleasant, yet straight to the point. I had an epidural, with some relief and we agreed on a microdiskectomy. Had surgery last month and really feel superb. I was worried I would never feel like this again. Thanks much, dr B!!!

November 4th, 2015
Dr Brebach = Im to rich and almighty to actually care what you say
Dr. Brebach has a great way of making you feel like you cannot ask any questions without feeling stupid. He has the mentality of listen to me, its my job and what I specialize in and ask no questions. I have seen him twice with a large herniated disc. Wait times are really high and with his attitude and bedside manner I will not return to see him. I have never felt so uncomfortable with a doctor in my life.

October 23rd, 2015
Dr. Brebach is wonderful. He genuinely cares about his patients. He offers options, both non-surgical and surgical and spends time explaining everything.

July 22nd, 2015
Wonderful and caring doctor. The best I ever had. Fixed my back quickly and painless.

April 30th, 2015
Conservative
Dr. Brebach is compassionate, humorous, and conservative. He has worked with me over a number of years and has worked on every angle to try to keep me out of surgery, if at all possible. At this time I am going to have to pursue the surgery, but I have every confidence in his ability to manage my case during and after the proceedure. His integrity in the field is amazing from the feedback I have seen and heard.

March 14th, 2015
grest doctor and staff.

January 10th, 2014
Doctor professional ,,staff acts like they would rather be elsewhere
Dr Brebach listens and answers all questions , He will help you overcome any fear His old staff was wonderful ..he has gotten a relatively newer staff. his phone staff is mostly unfriendly, ,The more mature ones practically roll their eyes when you ask them a question His nurse Tracy does not understand concept of pain and feels she can berate you ,I have overheard her talk to the Dr about pain medication and gives her opinion

July 30th, 2013
happy
I had been struggling with severe low back pain and leg pain. It had been ongoing for years. I was treated for upwards of a year with epidurals and physical therapy without any real, long term improvements. I was hesitant to see a surgeon, having heard so many stories about surgery and why to avoid it. After a consultation, I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis due to spondylolisthesis. Dr Brebach performed surgery on me in March, and I have my life back. I am very impressed with Lake Cook Orthopedics and the staff there and am quite happy with my results and my doctor! Very highly recommended.