Dr. Gregory Carlsen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 7th, 2014
Radiation
I've only met Dr. Carlsen one time and he was very pleasant, and explained everything. I had lots of questions about the treatment my dad will be receiving and he explained so that we could understand what will be happening. My parents have been to him before and wanted to go back to him now that dad has been diagnosed with brain and lung cancer. Thank you Dr. Carlsen!

July 9th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor & Staff!
Dr. Carlsen treated my mother. He took extra time to re-explain her treatment in detail to me as I was unable to attend the previous appointment and made it a point to patiently re-explain it to her once he found out she did not understand even though we did not have an appointment with him on that day. He and his staff were extremely caring making my mother feel like a person and not a number like she felt in Lexington, Ky with her first doctor. Thanks to them and her other doctors my mother is now in remission and I can not thank them enough for giving me (hopefully) many more years with my mother.

June 9th, 2013
Relies too much on expensive scans that are not needed
21st Century in Danville has courteous and compassionate support staff. However, our experience with Dr Carlsen was that he was much more interested in ordering expensive scans--five scans in less than two weeks. None of the scans addressed my husband's complaint of shoulder pain from his cancer. They just generated a lot of revenue for the hospital and 21st Century. We felt we could no longer trust Dr. Carlsen & got a second opinion from a radiology oncologist in Lexington. The source of the pain was addressed at the first visit and a plan initiated to alleviate the pain. My advice: if a doctor wants to do numerous tests, take the time to get a second opinion BEFORE he orders them.

November 5th, 2008
patient family member
Dr. Carlsen provided my father with phenomenal cancer care, and I recommend he and his staff to anyone who faces this diagnosis. You can expect the most up-to-date treatment, full & compassionate supportive care for the patient and family, and will maintain a sense of dignity and hope as you face your battle with a well-qualified physician and newfound friend - Dr. Carlsen. To him, we are grateful!