Ophthalmologist (eyes)
6807 Emmett F Lowry Expy
Ste 102
Texas City, TX 77591
409-945-2269
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best Doctor I;ve ever seen !  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

It's amazing to me, that in this day an age that there is still some good old fashion Doc that take the time to listen.

|  show details
by Lori Polanco on Sep 9th, 2010

It has been 8 months since CO2 Laser/upper & lower eyelid surgery. The results are just amazing. My experience with Dr. Clariday and his staff has been very pleasant. The staff of Coastal & Aesthetics are professional, courteous, caring and very well trained. They are really an awesome team! I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Clariday to anyone who asks.

|  Eye Disfigured  |  show details
by Very disappointed on Mar 10th, 2010

I went to Dr. Clariday to have the fat bags removed from under my eyes. I noticed the day after surgery that both eyes did not feel or look the same. My left eye was fine (normal brusing and swelling after surgery)however my right eye was in severe pain that continued for months after surgery. My right eye was completely disfigured. The doctor had taken way too much fat out and when he realized it, during surgery, he put some of it back in. When he did that the fat that went back in did not distrubute evenly and caused severe scar tissue. It's been two years and I still have a huge bump (scar tissue) in a small area and a very unnatural divot or indentation on the outer part under my eye. I look very freekish and I tried to have it corrected but nothing was successful. When I talked to the doctor about it, he said it looks fine and that is part of the risk. I would not trust my eyes to this doctor.

|  Outstanding Physician  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2010

I don't know what happened to the reviewer who thinks Dr. Clariday is crass and arrogant. I have been a patient of Greg Clariday for 20 years and I have the greatest respect and admiration for him. He performed Cataract surgery on both of my eyes, with great success. As far as being insulting to women; the reviewer couldn't be more wrong. I'm a male, 67 year old retiree, and I can tell you that the overwhelming majority of Dr. Clariday's patients are seniors who have been going to him for many years and, I'm guessing, about 70% are women. As far as wait time, it's typical to be in the office for approx. 45 minutes before seeing the doctor but, 30 minutes of that is taken up by thorough diagnostic testing by the nurses and optometrists (including eye dilation which takes at least 15 minutes). I could go on, but why bother. Dr. Clariday and his associates have one of the biggest practices in the Houston area and, based on my 20 years of observation, he has a very high patient satisfaction rating. Just my 2 cents, Dr. Tim Price.

|  Arrogant and Offensive  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2009

Dr. Clariday automatically assumes that unless you are a colleague you as a patient and any persons accompanying patients are ignorant to medical terminology and any studies of medicine. He seems to think that only licensed Doctors know anything pertaining to the medical field, especially opthalmology. He is very skilled at offending women with his knack for calling them "old" and letting them blatantly know how stupid they are. He will automatically cut you off if you act as though you are familiar with a medical term. Making it clear that they couldn't know anything he is talking about nor could they have ever heard the medical term used before he spoke it to them. He offers no information pertaining to his actions while examining your eyes. He never asks if it is ok or convenient to dilate your eyes nor does he give any information or description of any other drops he decides to apply to your eyes. He never gives instructions on needing to avoid light and to where special shades or for how long and or what to expect when he applies the dilation drops. There are no discussions, warnings, or room for questions from the patient etc. He is the most arrogant, uncaring, crass, incompassionate individual with a medical degree I have ever encountered. I observed this same treatment of his towards numerous patients during my visits. It seems to be the norm for him. What a shame for someone who supposedly volunteers for missions. I wonder if he tells the people there that are 50 years of age that they are old and that they have to just deal with it...