Dr. Gregory Cox MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Atlanta, GA

May 16th, 2016
Very through, familiar with history, does freezing, shaving sample right at appointment don't have to come back several times

May 13th, 2015
The best dermatologist in Atlanta, GA
I came to see Dr. Cox after being misdiagnosed for months and he was able to properly diagnose me in my fist visit. I have continued to see him because he truly knows his stuff. I would recommend him to anyone, since he is great in what he does and will spend quality time with you. He does tend to run behind, but I just plan to spend time in his office and catch up on good reading material. His office staff has always been welcoming and very helpful when I am there for appointments.

March 16th, 2015
Awesome office and doctor
I have been coming to see this doctor for nearly 15 years. He has pleasant staff and is the best with bedside manners. He is very caring and will take good care of you and your needs. You may need to wait some, but he is well worth the wait for the excellent treatment and knowledge he shares. I will continue to come to see him.

February 3rd, 2015
I have been with Dr. Cox for 20 years. He diagnosed my melanoma when it was a tiny dot and ultimately saved my life. I have had every skin cancer and he has been proactive with treatment and I am cancer free. In my opinion, he is the best.

January 7th, 2015
Excellent Md, but staff...
My family has been using Dr. Cox for over 15 yrs. He is an excellent, very knowledgeable physician, but his staff has much to be desired.

January 8th, 2014
Unacceptable service !
First off, I was referred to this office, and I was under the impression that it was a reputable establishment, and drove a considerable distance out of my way to be seen here. I went in several times, and had to have a blood panel done. I was scheduled to have another blood panel done a month later to ensure that I was not pregnant before starting any medication. When I went back for my second panel, I was informed that they would call me the next day to let me know the results , and get the medications called in. A week later, I still had not received a call, and took it upon myself to follow up. Even though the office opens at 8:00, the phone lines are never switched over on time. After several attempted phone calls, I was able to get through, and spoke to the M.A. She told me that she had no idea what was going on, as she had just returned from vacation, and she would call me back. When she called back, she let me know that they had mis-filed my first blood panel, and I would have to wait another month , and come back in for another panel, in order to be prescribed the medication. I asked if they were going to cover the cost of the next visit, since it was their error, and I didn't feel it should be filed though my insurance a second time. They tried to have me outsourced to a lab near me, which I was told I was still going to have to file , and to top it off , I would still have to go to their office for an evaluation following the lab. I was confused by this, due to the fact that if I have to make a trip to the office, why wouldn't the blood work just be completed at the same time. I was adamant about not filing it through my insurance, and they advised they would have to call me back later. I called again and spoke to an office manager who was unaware of the situation, but she said she would try and figure out what was going on. I was contacted again, and was told that instead of having blood work done, they were going to mail me a pregnancy stick test, and that at one months passing I should take it , and email them a picture. What?!? For the sake of not having to try and transfer all of what little progress was made, I agreed. Today is the day before the one month mark. I called to make sure that I would be able to submit the picture and have my prescription filled tomorrow, since there is only a 7 day window , and I am going out of town. I was informed today that there had been a policy change, and regardless of any prior instructions , I would have to come in for another blood panel before they can do anything else for me. Oh, and great news ... They can fit me in tomorrow. I work from 12am-8am, and I am leaving for a trip tomorrow. I said I would have to call back, and she curtly disconnected. I called back to speak to an office manager again, and informed her of what all had transpired, and to also let her know that I would no longer be a patient with their office. I received a call from the M.A. 10 min later, saying that they would go ahead and honor their previous arrangements. I will never step foot back in that office again. No one seems to know what they are doing, and the staff is very unprofessional. I have never been mailed a pregnancy test in lieu of a blood panel. Then, to be treated like they are doing me some sort of favor in correcting the error that they made, really irritated me. I feel like all I have done is waste copious amounts of gas and time to no avail. Spare yourself the aggravation , and find a different office.

April 16th, 2013
Great doctor, excellent staff!!
I have been seeing this doctor for over 13 years and my experience is always great from the welcoming front office to the nurses in the back. The doctor and staff are always willing to work with my schedule and needs of specific times for appointments. This is my favorite doctor office to go to!!

April 8th, 2013
This is a very busy office and the wait time is substantial. While waiting I noticed several other patients go to the window and ask the front desk lady why there is such a long wait. She responded that the doctor was running behind. They found this information to be rude. I am sure the front desk staff gets hit with this all the time. Dr. Cox is very good, very pleasant, and I will sit and wait (for a reasonable amount of time) but I disagree that the staff is rude. I think the staff is overwhelmed with the amount of patients in the waiting room.

February 19th, 2013
Nasty front office staff
The front office staff is terribly rude and disrespectful. I have sought another doctor because I do not want to give my business where I am treated in such an awful manner.

December 1st, 2012
A+ DOCTOR, NASTY STAFF
Dr. Cox is A++++ but what gives him a bad reputation is that god awful front office staff. Every time my son has an appointment there's always someone new being rude to me. This office has no stability when it comes down to it's staff. Every 3 months someone "new" is there. The people that answer the phones are snippy and RUDE, the dizzy check-in woman brushing me off with "hes always late" is RUDE, I complained to the manager with the red hair and she is also RUDE, even when I'm ready to leave I'm attacked by someone RUDE again snatching my credit card and coughing all over it. Seems like the only person that's nice is Dr. Cox himself. I met Alena recently and she was very nice to my family as well. YOU ALL NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT AWFUL FRONT OFFICE! We've been patients there for 7 years and 2012 is the absolute WORST!

November 9th, 2012
Unprofessional and disrespectful
I scheduled my appointment first thing in the morning to avoid a wait and so that I would not be forced to take time off of work. I was in the waiting room for 50 minutes before being moved to a back room, where I sat naked for another 30 minutes. I eventually had to leave and asked a receptionist (who was very courteous and sincere) who said she was unsure why Dr. Cox had left me waiting and said that he is "usually late". Good information to have. I view that as incredibly disrespectful and well below the level of professionalism you'd expect from a doctor. I would not recommend seeing Dr. Cox.

November 6th, 2012
I needed to get in quickly and was granted an appointment with Pam the Nurse Practioner. She was wonderful! I couldn't have been more pleased. I recommend both Dr. Cox and Pam highy but their office staff are almost RUDE!! The office opens at 8:00 but they don't answer until 8:12 and then the girl seemed to have an attitude that I called. The lady checking you out and taking payment acts like she hates her job and everyone that comes to the desk. She has a rude expression on her face and talks to you like you have interrupted her. This is my third visit and it's been this way each time. I am an extremely friendly person and it makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable when someone doesn't return even a hello or goodmorning in a plesant tone. Are Pam and Dr. Cox worth it? ABSOLUTELY but when someone is uncomfortable (that's why we are there) being friendly is a way to make them feel better. That doesn't take a degree to do but it does take HEART