Dr. Gregory Dangelo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 20th, 2016
Excellent surgeon
This past year I had two total hip replacements within 6 months and Dr. D'Angelo performed both surgeries. He is an excellent surgeon and came highly recommended. He performs anterior hip replacements, which allow for non-restricted movement post-surgery (contrary to the posterior approach). After both surgeries I was walking without a cane within a month. He has a wonderful "bedside manner" and put me at ease. Sometimes you will experience a long wait in his office, but he spends a lot of time with patients and answers all of your questions.

February 11th, 2016
RJ Neal
Exceptional surgeon. Performed total hip replacement and had extraordinary recovery because of his expertise. Would recommend him to anyone requiring joint replacement. His talent as a surgeon is only equal to his personal care and interest in his patients.

August 19th, 2015
First visit with Dr. Greg D'Angelo
Dr. D'Angelo had great communication skills with me as a first-time patient. Explained xrays, options for my knee problem, also suggested more xrays of my back problems and then returned to show and explain problems and options there. Very kind, thoughtful, knowledgeable and a great professional sense of humor that helps with the unpleasantries of pain. Optimistic about receiving good care in follow-up appointments. Staff was also great!

April 30th, 2015
He never introduced himself or gave much information after my surgery. Not impressed

July 23rd, 2013
Had hip replacement, It cured all my pain. When other doctors said it wouldn't Dr. D"Angelo said it would!!

April 29th, 2013
Hip replacement
I had a hip replacement. I was in a great deal of pain. Following surgery I was well cared for and now 4 years later I have no regrets. Very funny and patient doctor.

September 1st, 2012
Finally a doctor who cares!
Dr. D'Angelo and his staff were very helpful to me and very caring. I had received an MRI, and 2 X-rays which didn't show anything significant enough to be causing my pain which I had suffered for over 5 months. He did not give up on helping though. He then sent me for a CT scan which showed that my kneecap was misaligned (exactly what Mr. D'Angelo suggested was wrong in the first place). He then suggested "lateral release surgery" which I am recovering from now. I was very well taken care of before and after my surgery & the staff made sure to explain everything that they were going to do before they did it. Dr. D'angelo was actually a second opinion doctor that I requested after being treated with complete disrespect by another doctor (Dr.Mair from UK sports medicine) I am very thankful that I chose mr. D'angelo and look forward to being pain free, finally!

June 26th, 2011
Thorough Evaluation
Dr. D'Angelo has been treating me for more than a decade for various orthopedic issues. He makes a careful assessment each time that he sees me, and clearly explains his recommended options for treatment. He allows me to see actual test results, and answers my questions patiently. Also, he has a great sense of humor! I have never seen any sign of the condescending or impatient attitude that is often exhibited by other medical specialists.

January 10th, 2011
Great Doctor, very personal, cares for Paitients
I just want to begin by saying, Dr. Dangelo is an amazing doctor. I have been having some knee problems and had been reccommended to this doctor from a trusted source. I saw the P.A. first and he was wonderful as well. He told me that there is some arthritis in the knee, and could have very well left it at that and sent us on our way. After doing another x-ray and looking @ the MRI he said "with the pain you are having and looking at your MRI, it looks as though you have a tear in your meniscus." So he decided to have the doctor come in to give his opinion. A few minutes later he returned with Dr. Dangelo, he introduced himself and then talked to me about the pain. He looked at my knee before looking at the MRI, he was very friendly! He then looked at the MRI and replied with oh yeah there is a tear. He went on to tell me what he was going to do and then let us go and said "see you in a few weeks." Dr. Deangelo, the P.A. (Derik)and the office staff are very friendly,caring and seem genuinely concerned much more than any other orthepiedic doctor I have ever been to.I am scheduled for surgery next week and feel confident I have chosen the best doctor.Dr. Dangelo will be refered by me to anyone who needs a great orthopedic!!