Dr. Gregory Derusso MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Philadelphia, PA

July 13th, 2016
Long Wait
For the past several years, the office wait time has never been less than one hour. I have changed doctors because of this.

February 20th, 2016
Practicing the Old Fashioned Way- spends lots of time
Dr. DeRusso spends alot of time with each patient. He does not treat you like an assembly line I believe that this is because he is his own boss. Not owned by anyone. The previous Dr. I went to practically kicked me out of the exam room because I needed more then 15 minutes they shared with me it is because he gets in trouble with his boss. Dr. DeRusso is his OWN boss and if he feels like you need an hour he gives you and hour. This makes the wait a little long but I would rather wait than be rushed. Additionally, he diagnosed my problem when others could not because he took the time to listen.

September 24th, 2015
Dr spends a lot of time with each patient. but this is because he has no official record keeping system for his office. he has asked me 3 times to go over my list of medications and that's because there's no computer system in his office to contain that information. finally dr. dirusso is associated with less than acceptable hospitals ie Nazareth.I feel sorry for those who feel that he is so wonderful because he spends so much time with him and that's only because he really doesn't remember what he's doing with them or anything about them because of his lousy lousy lousy record keeping system.I rather see someone who is efficient and doesn't need to play nice guy by talking so long that you forget that he doesn't know what he's doing

November 27th, 2013
Dr. DeRusso is always present in the room, and paying attention. He never acts like he's on his way from somewhere or on his way to somewhere. He's worth the occasional wait. Also, he treats me with respect. Doesn't talk down to me, and makes me feel empowered by letting me take the lead in taking care of myself.

March 9th, 2011
best doctor ever, noticed that I had a weird looking mole ( I did not come in for this I came in for my blood pressure) and it ended up being cancer. I had it removed and am fine now thanks to him.

July 22nd, 2010
Dr. DeRusso was able to diagnose and control my medical problem. I had gone from Dr. to Dr. to see what was wrong with me and no one took the time to figure it out or listen to me but Dr. DeRusso. He has a patient for life!!!!!!

June 4th, 2010
Dr DeRusso really cares about the patients and that is apparent with the amount of time he spends.

May 17th, 2009
office needs overhauling
office is unkempt, which makes a patient ( new ) begin to worry about what else he doesn't notice.