Dr. Gregory Fitzharris MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Suffolk, VA

April 27th, 2016
He is experienced up to date on techniques and advances in his field and willingly explains all procedures . most of all he is forthright and honest with the patient in a caring and considerate manner. I sought other opinions but was convinced he was the 1st choice for me. He proved me right . he is a wonderful surgeon. I am very thankful to have such a skilled surgeon in our area and would be happy to refer friends and patients needing his specialized skills.

July 21st, 2015
No rush. Draws pictures to help you see what he is doing. Great follow up care and very accurate and knowledgable

March 12th, 2015
Outstanding physician. Skilled, conservative treatment, treats patient with dignity and respect!!

February 27th, 2015
Dr. Fitzharris is very good, compassionate and cares about his patients. His nurses however have ZERO bedside manner and look like they don't want to be there and don't care about the patient. This is at the Hampton office.

December 19th, 2013
Stomach Virus No one could diagnose
On 12/17/13 I ended up a Sentra Hampton General with server stomach pains that my doctor wasn't sure was appendix or a virus. Dr. Gregory P Fitzharris was called into the ER to do an emergency appendectomy. After doing the initial consultation and examination. Dr. Fitzharris admitted me to the hospital over the next three days, blood work, CT Scan, Dr. Fitharris knew what was wrong with me and decided the best option for my treatment and saved me from having to go through a surgery. His fine tuned skills as a physician saved me a lot of pain and agony. He is one of the brightest/most knowledgeable, most caring Doctors I have seen in a while... Thank You Dr. Fitzharris, YOU are the BEST!!

August 17th, 2012
Awesome doctor and awesome staff. I would recommend them to everyone!

July 13th, 2012
Dr. Fitzharris seemed guinely interested in determining and prescribing a treatment for my problem. He assured me that he was immediately available if my problem persist or returned. He took the time to explain to me, in laymen's terms, his diagnosis and all the alternatives available to me.

June 13th, 2012
Awesome Doc! Called me after a procedure to follow-up. Compassionate. Caring staff.

April 27th, 2012
He listens and cares
Dr Fitzharris is by far my favorite doctor. I never feel as if he is rushing me out of his office...even when I have a lot of questions. I had colon cancer several years ago...am fine now, and still feel like he is concerned about my feelings and fears. His entire office staff is caring and helpful. If you are looking for a colon cancer specialist...he is a great choice.

October 9th, 2011
Uu
Dr. Fitz Harris is quite possibly the most uncaring, surgeon that I have ever encountered. He refuses to return calls from concerned, family members, (P.O.A's) when he clearly realizes he had made a grave error that has caused my mother unnecessary pain and undue excruciating procedures, due to a direct result of his uncaring nature of her. The only thing he seemed to be concerned about was getting her out of the hospital, so that he couldn't be blamed for his errors. He preformed a procedure on my mother that any first year Medical student should have been aware of....Her compromised lymphatic system should have CLEARLY cause the introduction of a drain tube to release excess fluid.As a result,my mother has had to be hospitalized twice to have fluid drained from her abdomen. This is not a pleasant procedure and could have been avoided if he had only taken the time to review her history. Upon her release, she was never set up a follow up appointment,and has yet to return my calls or answer my questions. In short, I would not let this man due surgery on my dog. BEWARE! Apparently, his only focus is on the almighty dollar,and nothing more. You can put lipstick on a pig, Dr., but you are still a pig. I hope you sleep well at night, sir, because my mother certainly isn't. You need to re-evaluate your oath sir, DO NO HARM....perhaps you were absent that day of class. Maybe now you can return a phone call...

June 9th, 2010
Caring
Dr. Fitzharris made me feel completely at ease during an uncomfortable procedure.He listens and has great bedside manners.

January 19th, 2010
I think he is very knowledgeable and has alot of bedside manner. He has gone so far as to draw me pictures when I didn't understand. His nursing staff during procedures is always friendly and concerned. Only once I felt rushed, but I'm sure he is overbooked since he is probably the only specialist of his kind in this area and is also very good. I'm perfectly fine waiting for that kind of care.