Elbow, Hand, Shoulder, Sports Medicine, and Wrist
OrthopaediCare
1200 Manor Dr
Chalfont, PA 18914
(215) 830-8700
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  This team is great  |  show details
by John H. on Nov 2nd, 2013

Went to see Dr. Gallant and staff. Had surgery by him. He and his PA Jen are just cool and really tell it like it is. Have a gift of explaining things so I and others I think can understand. This guy is the best doctor I know. Would refer my family and friends to him anytime. 2 thumbs up.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by JT on Aug 31st, 2013

Had surgery by Dr. Gallant recently. He really has the ability to explain things clearly and does not leave me confused like many doctors. He and his PA Jen (who is so sweet and caring) are ALWAYS available by phone. If there are any problems they get you right in. I would recommend Dr. Gallant highly. Best Orthopaedic Surgeon in Bucks County!!

|  Disappointing Experience- Over Promises, Under Delivers  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2013

First of all some of these Dr. Review sites can't be trusted, there is a lot of discussion online about how vitals will remove negative doctor reviews, as will Health Grades. It may be the doctors themselves that initiate these removals to maintain the appearance of a good reputation. Angie's List and RateMD claim that they will not remove negative reviews. I noticed that a couple negative reviews of Dr. Gallant were removed from Vitals in the past few months, which would explain why there are only 14 positive reviews at this time, and no negatives. Watch to see if this review, which is entirely real and sincere on my part, is removed. While Dr. Gallant is an experienced surgeon and can be pleasant to deal with, he can also come across as impatient and condescending. As far as I know my surgery was adequate, it's hard to be sure since there were some complications afterwards. The complications may be from the severity of the injury, but I wonder if the Doctor did all he could to prevent them, or if the surgery was done in haste; I may never know for sure. In post surgery treatment, he spent very little time evaluating and counseling me on the rehabilitation program. He cancelled several follow up appointments I made when I had some questions and concerns, so he could attend surgery. I realize that surgery is far more profitable than office consultations, but both are important for good outcomes. His nurse and assistant are also on the inexperienced side, which resulted in less than adequate care when it came to the cast management. His young assistant Melissa Winscom, actually does some of the hands on surgery, which is disconcerting; she told me herself that she did some of the drilling for the hardware attachment. I ended my relationship with Dr. Gallant after he cancelled my appointment for the third time, and when I spoke to him on the phone about it he was rude and insulting. Had he treated me differently in post surgery care, I would have had more trust in him overall as a surgeon, and given him the benefit of the doubt about the complications.

|  Retired Registered Nurse  |  show details
by Sally Minich on Feb 6th, 2013

Should you find yourself in need of Orthopedic services, look no further! Dr. Gallant exceeded my expectations in professional and diagnostic skills, partnering with and educating the patient, and follow through. He has chosen and mentored his office support team so that you leave an appointment informed, satisfied and totally pleased. Though the treatment can be stressful, the outcome makes it totally worthwhile. I recommend him without reservations!!

|  Experienced Doctor-Dropped The Ball After Surgery  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2013

My impression is that Dr. Gallant sometimes over schedules when it comes to patients and surgery, and in my case did not provide sufficient follow up, post operative. After my surgery the doctor was uncertain of the exact hardware used, and seemed to resent being asked to provide those details, which caused me concern. His nurse and assitant are relatively young in my view and sometimes gave me contradicting information on follow up visits. There was a problem with a cast being too tight and excessive swelling that the doctor and his staff were dismissive of. They did remove the cast with my insistence, but contended that it was not too tight. Post operative follow up visits were very brief, after the final splint was removed Dr. Gallant did little in the way of evaluate my hand and arm, but sent me off to do physical therapy. I believed I had an ulnar nerve problem that manifested as more than typical pain, swelling and hand weakness, that was inhibiting my PT progress, and after 3 weeks I wanted to see the doctor, this was 3 weeks before my 6 week follow up appointment. But Dr. Gallant refused to see me cancelling my appointment twice because he had surgery, and telling me on the phone to work harder through the pain. I also felt he was unprofessional and insulting in his demeanor on the phone, implying without seeing my arm that all my symptoms were normal. I got another opinion from a nationally renowned hand and arm surgeon, and after a thorough evaluation, he diagnosed an ulnar nerve problem. He went on to explain that trying to force through it in physical therapy would probably make it worse, increasing symptoms. This doctor gave a modified PT plan to address the nerve problem, hopefully these conservative measures will work and additional surgery is not needed, although it is still quite possible in the months to come, that some surgery will be needed to get the elbow joint working properly again; to remove scar tissue and transpose the nerve. If it comes down to that, I would opt to have the plate removed then, which may actually help to gain a few degrees of range of motion. It seems Dr. Gallant still subscribes to the "no pain, no gain" approach to PT which has been disproven in the past few years in studies. Many therapists in the know have moved away from that old school approach, which can delay healing, because forcing through pain in PT, creates small tears in the soft tissues. I am disappointed that I did not get the thorough care and consideration all patients deserve.

|  show details
Jan 17th, 2013

Dr. Gallant is an excellent doctor with an incredibly friendly bedside manner. His keen sense of compassion and unique ability to listen is unmatched by most of today's doctors. His entire staff make the visit a pleasurable experience. It's no wonder he is consistently voted one of the areas top docs.

|  Dr. Gallant is great  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

Dr. Gallant is extremely knowledgeable and down to earth. He is secure enough in his knowledge to share it with his patients. He explains without condescending. His credentials speak for themselves. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my shoulder issues.

|  Pleasant, Caring Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Gallant. He takes the time to explain and listens to his patients. Great personality, great bedside manner. Very caring man!

|  show details
Aug 11th, 2012

Excellent interpersonal skillsExcellent physicianI take my family to him and recommend him highly to all my friendsHis PA Melissa is excellent as well

|  like no other  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

Excellent surgeons. Has done 4 surgeries here. How many surgeons do you know call you from their home to see how you are feeling after your surgery? He did. He is extremely helpful in easing the situation with his humor and just has a great personality. Highly recommended. Two thumbs up

|  Mrs  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2010

Dr. Gallant has treated four members of our family for various fracturs, tears and serious hand surgery. He is fantastic, thorough and doesn't rush into surgery. All surgical outcomes have been excellent. Great bedside manner and very caring.