Internists, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)
Video profile
Internal Medicine Associates
2841 Debarr Rd
Ste 50
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-276-2811
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Very frustrating experience...  |  show details
by Sarah on Apr 21st, 2010

After a hazardous materials inhalation I took my husband to see Dr. Gerboth. It has to rate as one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had with a doctor. He told us that the chest x-ray and lung function tests that my husband had were "unremarkable" - even though the reports for both show that there is diminished lung capacity and lung function (about 50-60% of normal). He only examined him long enough to quickly listen to his lungs, he even sat and watched (uncaringly in my opinion) as my husband began having difficulty breathing and almost lost consciousness. He very rarely made eye contact with us, opting instead to look out the window behind us. His responses to our questions sounded like a poorly rehearsed speech - including the "um's". At the end of the visit I felt like I was twisting his arm to get him to write a note to give my husband 2 more days off from work.I would never recommend him to anyone even though he was recommended as a good pulmonary doctor to us.

|  He's a ife saver  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2009

Dr. Gerboth is reliable and very caring. I can always count on him when my mother is having respiratory problems.

|  show details
Aug 15th, 2009

Dr. Gerboth doesn't care. When I come in, he doesn't even examine me. He'll answer a question, and then is gone. If there was another pulmonary doctor in town, I would go there. Takes a week in order to get Rx filled.