> > > > Patient Reviews
Video profile
2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd
Park Of Commerce, Weston, FL 33331
954-659-5000
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  Terrible  |  show details
by Female on Feb 14th, 2014

Dr, Gilot is terrible with his patients. I had terrible reactions to medication that he prescribed after surgery and didn't get back to me for over 24 hours. While in office, he only gave me 2 minutes of face time before he passed me off to a nurse. I had questions and concerns and he was very dismissive. He had to reschedule with me multiple times and his staff forgot to call me when they needed to reschedule my appointment. I travelled up to west palm and sat in the waiting room for over an hour before the nurse told me the doctor was in weston. They have wasted hours of my life, caused me pain and strife. Do yourself a favor and NEVER go to see Dr. Gilot.

|  rushed out the door  |  show details
by chris on Dec 9th, 2013

This doctor spent less than 2 minutes with me and only 30 seconds examining my problem. These doctors are over scheduled and do not explain anything to the patients. This visit was completely useless.

|  Shoulder replacement sugery  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2013

After seeing other Dr.s I chose Dr. Gigot for my surgeon. Recommended by orthopedic Dr.s. I felt I was in good hands before surgery and after. I would recommend him to my friends and family.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Gilot to have him evaluate my hip. Being a veteran in my twenties and having such severe problems with my hips, I had high hopes for Gilot to be capable of helping. This doctor, who would not get off his cell phone the entire time, told me after barely looking at my MRI that I have hip dsyplasia and require that my pelvis be cut apart-periacetabular osteotomy (PAO)-a surgery that no doctor in Florida can perform. He then walked out, leaving me with that, nothing else - me being a poor college student I was quite shocked. I pursued him and asked for a little more direction, considering I have no idea what to do and would like to walk again properly. He eventually printed off some surgeon's names from across the country and left it at that. Needless to say, I wasn't satisfied. I have since seen about 5 other orthopedic surgeons who all have laughed that I've been told I have hip dsyplasia - since its so obvious I don't. Turns out it was a simple torn labrum - obviously indicated by my MRI. I've had my surgeries performed by other doctors at the Cleveland Clinic, and am now just fine. Thank God I didn't listen to this man. He is extremely incompetent, egotistical, and unprofessional. It blows my mind that he is the department chair.

|  Total Disappointment  |  show details
by LR on Mar 25th, 2013

As an ex-college basketball player, cyclist and athlete in my mid 50's, I was recommended to see an Orthopedic doctor for my recent right knee pain. I went to see Dr. Gilot and I'm disappointed to say, that this doctor did not spend more than five minutes to discuss the diagnosis of my right knee. I had previously and briefly had discussed my knee pain with another Orthopedic doctor and he indicated and without X-ray or MRI, that I probably had a torn meniscus. On Dr. Gilot first visit and after an initial x-ray, Dr. Gilot diagnosed my condition as arthritis. I indicated that the pain was to acute to be just arthritis, so I was recommended for the MRI. On my second visit to Dr. Gilot and having seen the results of the MRI, he then agreed that I only had a Lateral Meniscus tear on my right knee but that he was correct initially, with his first diagnosis that I had arthritis. Dr. Gilot never took the time to go over the full results of my MRI. He immediately suggested arthroscopic surgery and that he did not know the full extent of the surgery until he operated. I was not convinced of his diagnosis and he did not define, explain or discussed the results of my MRI on that visit or the next. The MRI results indicated seven (7) alarming points. 1) Bucket-handle tear of the Medial meniscus of right knee. 2) Complex tear the posterior horn and midbody of medial meniscus, also a rim rent tear of posterior horn of the Lateral meniscus tear. 3) Small Full-thickness tear of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament of the right knee. 4) moderate joint effusion. 5) Popliteal cyst. 6) Tricomparment degenerative changes of the right knee. 7) Subchondral Cyst formation and subchondral edema involving the posterior medial aspect of the lateral femoral condyle and possible osteonecrosis. I reiterate, that Dr. Gilot never went over or discussed any of the seven result from my right knee MRI. His diagnosis was a torn Later meniscus and arthritis. Dr. Gilot never mentioned that I also had Medial meniscus tear and small tear on my ACL. I was not overwhelmed with confidence with this doctor. On my third visit, I requested a Cortisone shot/Steroid injection on the knee to alleviate the pain. Dr. Gilot blatantly denied the shot. His comments to me, "you have nothing else but to get surgery or continue taking anti-inflammatory pills acetaminophen, ibuprofen". I decided to go to another doctor which clearly spent the time and described the diagnosis of my knee and this doctor immediately suggested the Cortisone shot without me asking. I'm aware that my knee, due to all the sport activities till my mid 50's, will need further attention and probably arthroscopic surgery; but a doctor has to demonstrate attention and care to your situation were you can then develop a trust and move to the next procedure. Dr. Gilot never earned that trust. I do not recommend Dr. Gilot for his lack of attention, know it all bedside manner and incorrect diagnosis.

|  The worst doctor ever :(  |  show details
by A.Her on Jan 28th, 2013

Negligent, bad treat, cero results,..and after 20 days his file had a BIG mistake (a broken bone in different part of my body than the one I really had)

|  terrible experience  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

Went in for severe shoulder pain. Didn't even give decent exam to find out where my pain was coming from. Seems like peer reviews don't match patient reviews. Follow-up with PA Adam was excellent experience.

|  A real know it all  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

I had two doctors tell me what my problem is. This guy takes two seconds looking at one set of x-rays and tells me "He's never heard of it, so I must not have it." My last doctor sat down with me and explained what the x-ray showed. But not this guy. He just "knows it." Then he won't discuss my other orthopedic issue unless I make another appointment. Stay away from this doctor.

|  best orthopedic doctor in Florida  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

My appointment with Dr. Gilot was a great experience. He understood my fustrations and needs. Dr. Gilot was patient and accurate with my diagnosis. He truly cares about you and is very professional. Several of friends and family have been to the cleveland clinic to see Dr. Gilot and all have been extremely happy. I would recommend Dr. Gilot to anyone without hesitation.

|  a great doctor  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

i was very pleased with my visit to Dr. Gilot. My waiting time was 10 minutes before he saw me. he was very professional and likeable. He took all the time with me that I needed. He gave me an excellant examination. I would recommend him very to any patient with a shoulder problem highly

|  Never Again!  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2010

I visited this doctor 2 times too many. The first visit he did not examine me. A student doctor examined me and then Dr. Gilot came in to tell me the conclusion of the student doctor's examination. Dr. Gilot then wanted me to have more tests and to come back. I was in major pain days later and called his office and was told that all he would prescribe to me was the anti inflammatory that he prescribed to me when I left from the first visit and that he would not prescribe me anything else and was told to just deal with the pain. I was in tears. When I went back for my follow up visit I was brought back into the exam room and sat there for exactly one hour before he came into the room. He acted as if I was wasting his time and did not listen to one word that I had to say. The visit lasted no more than 5 minutes and I was in tears and left because he is just rude. My very first thought after leaving his office the first time that he was a rude and judgmental doctor. I was glad to come on to this website to find that I was not the only patient who viewed him the same as I did. Now I'm off to a new doctor who found the real problem with my knee as I was misdiagnosed by this doctor. BEWARE! If you have cheap insurance or are not wealthy then do not even waste your time as you will be judged from the moment that you walk into his office.

|  terrible doctor  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2010

He was rushed and not very professional.Did not listen/hear what I was saying.Just wants to make more money for Cleveland Clinic. Acted like I was imposing on his time. Seemed to be judgemental on my profession/dress/health concerns. Would not recommend this dr.