2.5

Best Shoulder surgeon EVER!! show details Best Shoulder surgeon EVER!!
by Wil Raymond on Sep 27th, 2014

This surgeon did an AMAZING job of successfully replacing my badly damaged and arthritic right shoulder with the latest state of the art internal prosthetic that has a very natural feel to it. If you need this procedure done, look no further. The staff at the Cleveland Clinic were caring, compassionate, professional and AWESOME!! I couldn't be happier.

Never Again!!!!!! show details Never Again!!!!!!
by Kathy Beebe on Aug 14th, 2014

I made an appointment at Cleveland because it was highly advertised at all the Florida Panthers games and that it had Great doctors. Well this doctor Gilot was not good. I went in with knee and hip pain. I have seen other doctors about this in the past but wanted a second opinion. The first doctor said I have arthritis in the knee and bursitis in my hip so I had that to go on. When I got to Dr. Gilot's office they told me that he does not do hips. When I made the appointment they told me that he does do hips so I was pretty upset with that. They x-rayed my knee and they I waited for him to come in the room to talk to me about the x-ray. When he came in he told me It's not my knee its my back make an appointment with a spine doctor. He was in the room for 5 whole minutes. Never listened to anything I had to say. Made me feel horrible. How in the world could this be. Who do I believe? Now I have to go and get a 3rd opinion. When he walked out of the room his nurse came in with paper work on exercises I could do to help this problem. I was like what In the world? I'm in pain and you want me to do exercises? Anyway I was rushed out to the front desk to make an appointment for a spine doctor. They looked one up for me. I told them that parkland was closer I would like to go to parkland and the kid that made the appointment made it with the same idiot Dr Gilot. So he also works on backs to. Why didn't he tell me that. What a crock!!!!!! Never again. Keep your cattle herding Dr. office. I will never return!!!!!!

Terrible show details Terrible
by Female on Feb 14th, 2014

Dr, Gilot is terrible with his patients. I had terrible reactions to medication that he prescribed after surgery and didn't get back to me for over 24 hours. While in office, he only gave me 2 minutes of face time before he passed me off to a nurse. I had questions and concerns and he was very dismissive. He had to reschedule with me multiple times and his staff forgot to call me when they needed to reschedule my appointment. I travelled up to west palm and sat in the waiting room for over an hour before the nurse told me the doctor was in weston. They have wasted hours of my life, caused me pain and strife. Do yourself a favor and NEVER go to see Dr. Gilot.

rushed out the door show details rushed out the door
by chris on Dec 9th, 2013

This doctor spent less than 2 minutes with me and only 30 seconds examining my problem. These doctors are over scheduled and do not explain anything to the patients. This visit was completely useless.

Shoulder replacement sugery show details Shoulder replacement sugery
Oct 14th, 2013

After seeing other Dr.s I chose Dr. Gigot for my surgeon. Recommended by orthopedic Dr.s. I felt I was in good hands before surgery and after. I would recommend him to my friends and family.

Horrible show details Horrible
Oct 13th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Gilot to have him evaluate my hip. Being a veteran in my twenties and having such severe problems with my hips, I had high hopes for Gilot to be capable of helping. This doctor, who would not get off his cell phone the entire time, told me after barely looking at my MRI that I have hip dsyplasia and require that my pelvis be cut apart-periacetabular osteotomy (PAO)-a surgery that no doctor in Florida can perform. He then walked out, leaving me with that, nothing else - me being a poor college student I was quite shocked. I pursued him and asked for a little more direction, considering I have no idea what to do and would like to walk again properly. He eventually printed off some surgeon's names from across the country and left it at that. Needless to say, I wasn't satisfied. I have since seen about 5 other orthopedic surgeons who all have laughed that I've been told I have hip dsyplasia - since its so obvious I don't. Turns out it was a simple torn labrum - obviously indicated by my MRI. I've had my surgeries performed by other doctors at the Cleveland Clinic, and am now just fine. Thank God I didn't listen to this man. He is extremely incompetent, egotistical, and unprofessional. It blows my mind that he is the department chair.

Total Disappointment show details Total Disappointment
by LR on Mar 25th, 2013

As an ex-college basketball player, cyclist and athlete in my mid 50's, I was recommended to see an Orthopedic doctor for my recent right knee pain. I went to see Dr. Gilot and I'm disappointed to say, that this doctor did not spend more than five minutes to discuss the diagnosis of my right knee. I had previously and briefly had discussed my knee pain with another Orthopedic doctor and he indicated and without X-ray or MRI, that I probably had a torn meniscus. On Dr. Gilot first visit and after an initial x-ray, Dr. Gilot diagnosed my condition as arthritis. I indicated that the pain was to acute to be just arthritis, so I was recommended for the MRI. On my second visit to Dr. Gilot and having seen the results of the MRI, he then agreed that I only had a Lateral Meniscus tear on my right knee but that he was correct initially, with his first diagnosis that I had arthritis. Dr. Gilot never took the time to go over the full results of my MRI. He immediately suggested arthroscopic surgery and that he did not know the full extent of the surgery until he operated. I was not convinced of his diagnosis and he did not define, explain or discussed the results of my MRI on that visit or the next. The MRI results indicated seven (7) alarming points. 1) Bucket-handle tear of the Medial meniscus of right knee. 2) Complex tear the posterior horn and midbody of medial meniscus, also a rim rent tear of posterior horn of the Lateral meniscus tear. 3) Small Full-thickness tear of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament of the right knee. 4) moderate joint effusion. 5) Popliteal cyst. 6) Tricomparment degenerative changes of the right knee. 7) Subchondral Cyst formation and subchondral edema involving the posterior medial aspect of the lateral femoral condyle and possible osteonecrosis. I reiterate, that Dr. Gilot never went over or discussed any of the seven result from my right knee MRI. His diagnosis was a torn Later meniscus and arthritis. Dr. Gilot never mentioned that I also had Medial meniscus tear and small tear on my ACL. I was not overwhelmed with confidence with this doctor. On my third visit, I requested a Cortisone shot/Steroid injection on the knee to alleviate the pain. Dr. Gilot blatantly denied the shot. His comments to me, "you have nothing else but to get surgery or continue taking anti-inflammatory pills acetaminophen, ibuprofen". I decided to go to another doctor which clearly spent the time and described the diagnosis of my knee and this doctor immediately suggested the Cortisone shot without me asking. I'm aware that my knee, due to all the sport activities till my mid 50's, will need further attention and probably arthroscopic surgery; but a doctor has to demonstrate attention and care to your situation were you can then develop a trust and move to the next procedure. Dr. Gilot never earned that trust. I do not recommend Dr. Gilot for his lack of attention, know it all bedside manner and incorrect diagnosis.

The worst doctor ever :( show details The worst doctor ever :(
by A.Her on Jan 28th, 2013

Negligent, bad treat, cero results,..and after 20 days his file had a BIG mistake (a broken bone in different part of my body than the one I really had)

terrible experience show details terrible experience
Sep 27th, 2012

Went in for severe shoulder pain. Didn't even give decent exam to find out where my pain was coming from. Seems like peer reviews don't match patient reviews. Follow-up with PA Adam was excellent experience.

A real know it all show details A real know it all
May 7th, 2012

I had two doctors tell me what my problem is. This guy takes two seconds looking at one set of x-rays and tells me "He's never heard of it, so I must not have it." My last doctor sat down with me and explained what the x-ray showed. But not this guy. He just "knows it." Then he won't discuss my other orthopedic issue unless I make another appointment. Stay away from this doctor.

best orthopedic doctor in Florida show details best orthopedic doctor in Florida
Feb 1st, 2012

My appointment with Dr. Gilot was a great experience. He understood my fustrations and needs. Dr. Gilot was patient and accurate with my diagnosis. He truly cares about you and is very professional. Several of friends and family have been to the cleveland clinic to see Dr. Gilot and all have been extremely happy. I would recommend Dr. Gilot to anyone without hesitation.

a great doctor show details a great doctor
Jun 30th, 2011

i was very pleased with my visit to Dr. Gilot. My waiting time was 10 minutes before he saw me. he was very professional and likeable. He took all the time with me that I needed. He gave me an excellant examination. I would recommend him very to any patient with a shoulder problem highly

Never Again! show details Never Again!
Nov 29th, 2010

I visited this doctor 2 times too many. The first visit he did not examine me. A student doctor examined me and then Dr. Gilot came in to tell me the conclusion of the student doctor's examination. Dr. Gilot then wanted me to have more tests and to come back. I was in major pain days later and called his office and was told that all he would prescribe to me was the anti inflammatory that he prescribed to me when I left from the first visit and that he would not prescribe me anything else and was told to just deal with the pain. I was in tears. When I went back for my follow up visit I was brought back into the exam room and sat there for exactly one hour before he came into the room. He acted as if I was wasting his time and did not listen to one word that I had to say. The visit lasted no more than 5 minutes and I was in tears and left because he is just rude. My very first thought after leaving his office the first time that he was a rude and judgmental doctor. I was glad to come on to this website to find that I was not the only patient who viewed him the same as I did. Now I'm off to a new doctor who found the real problem with my knee as I was misdiagnosed by this doctor. BEWARE! If you have cheap insurance or are not wealthy then do not even waste your time as you will be judged from the moment that you walk into his office.

terrible doctor show details terrible doctor
Jul 22nd, 2010

He was rushed and not very professional.Did not listen/hear what I was saying.Just wants to make more money for Cleveland Clinic. Acted like I was imposing on his time. Seemed to be judgemental on my profession/dress/health concerns. Would not recommend this dr.

> > > > Patient Reviews