Dr. Gregory Goings Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Goings?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2015

Bad job still having problem

Horrible had surgery and it still hurts after a year

November 17th, 2014

I was very satisfied with my visit with Dr. Greg Goings. He was direct and to the point which is better than others I have been to when it was like pulling teeth to get an explanation. He is very gentle and kind and did not make me feel like the clock was running. I recommended him to my son who was happy with his visit also.

March 17th, 2010

Be careful with this one

Dr Goings replaced a hip for me a couple of years ago.I developed a staph infection that Dr Goings did not address properly or quickly enough to the point I will be on medication for the rest of my life. When the infection progressed through my entire body my knee replacement form 9 years prior completely disintregated. Because of the infection when my old knee was being replaced, the new surgeon would not replace because the infection had to be removed as much as was possible so a new knee could be installed. I laid in bed for 10 weeks (without a knee) until a new knee could be installed. I do not trust Dr Goings to do surgeries and would not recommend him to anyone.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry to hear about your staph infection. Standard protocol for surgery is to give IV antibiotics before and after surgery. I am sure you were given these antibiotics. Also, hip replacement surgery is performed with me wearing a bubble suit, or "space suit," to prevent germs getting from me to the patient. If there is drainage from the wound after surgery, it may indicate infection, so my practice is to culture the wound for infection and consult an infectious disease specialist. This has always been my practice. I am sorry if somehow you managed to get an infection in spite of all my precautions.

SHOW