Dr. Gregory Gramstad MD Patient Reviews

January 25th, 2016
Posterboy for why people dislike doctors.
Waited 1 hour and 1.5 hours. Had not reviewed my medical history nor did he take one. Recommended treatment that would have been damaging because of my history. Tried to intimidate me when I mentioned this. Unprepared, condescending, arrogant, hipshooter.

February 20th, 2015
Dr. Gramstad
I had surgery and Dr. Gramstad was excellent in taking the time to explain what was found and how long it would take to really get to full/100% again. This really helps you put in to perspective what your own job is to get there. his bedside/clinic manager is always professional, kind, with concern how you are doing and progressing.

March 24th, 2013
I found my surgeon!
Dr Gramstad answered all my questions. He told me the risk factors and the benefits of possible interventions. After spending what felt like 45 minutes discussing my case I am convinced he is there for my best outcome. He counseled me how to continue doing things I love, in moderation. Thank you for taking time with me, helping me understand that surgery is nothing to jump into. I appreciate Dr Gramstad's honesty and he will be my surgeon when I need it.

December 8th, 2011
Great Experience
I shattered my radius head and tore two tendons in my elbow that resulted from a dislocated elbow. I had surgery to repair the two tendons and put a cap on the radius. Dr. Gramstad was direct and honest with me regarding the procedure and prognosis. It's been 7 months since the surgery and I'm very pleased with the results. I have exceeded the range of motion common with this type of procedure. He has excellent interpersonal skills (bedside manner sounds odd to me)and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a similar procedure.

November 8th, 2011
Brilliant Surgeon
2010 I had major shoulder surgery, which included repair of my Subscapularis Tendon. My shoulder is stronger than it has ever been, 100% usage, no pain, very minimal scar tissue considering the large incision. Dr.Gramstad is highly regarded by professional peers, his surgical skills puts him in an elite group of surgeons. The Rebound Team is considered the best of the best. He also was very considerate addressed all my questions and concerns. Thank you Dr.Gramstad for helping me and many other people. I will always remember what you have done for me.

April 29th, 2011
Excellent care and repair of the rotator cuff....very caring and competent...Highly recommended....

December 16th, 2009
Choose another doctor
Poor listening and interactive skills; seems uncaring and unwilling to look at all options of care. Shows no emotions even after "hurting" the patient--no apologies, no offers to help relieve the pain he just induced (and that's just upon examination). Office wait times are exceptionally long. He doesn't believe the reports from radiologists even though his interpretation doesn't fit the symptoms. I'm looking for another doc.
Doctor's Response

Out of respect for patient privacy, it is inappropriate for me to comment on any specific patient details in this forum. However, I believe this comment requires some reflection and feel compelled to give a statement of my treatment philosophies in response. I pride myself in caring for my patients with respect, dignity, and fairness. I understand the pain of orthopedic problems and strive to minimize discomfort during potentially difficult examinations. As a shoulder and elbow specialist, I regularly help patients interpret their MRI scans to enhance their understanding. My professional oath asks me "to do no harm", which sometimes requires me to treat without the use of surgery, occasionally putting me at odds with patient expectations. I make every effort to engage patients in their own treatment decisions, reviewing all potential options for care together, understanding that the best outcomes occur when patients are engaged in their care. I understand the frustration that may arise when patients have pain and my capabilities to treat that pain do not match expectations. I work tirelessly to avoid being the sort of doctor that is described by this patient, and while I may disagree with the description of my character, I accept all constructive criticism as a manner of growth.

November 1st, 2009
Hemi-Arthroplastic Shoulder Replacement
After a skiing accident I had Dr. Gramstad replace my shoulder. His surgical skills are wonderful. His bedside manner was very good and he took the necessary time during office visits to address all of my concerns. He had to perform an arthroscopic capsule release and manipulation and I am well on the road to a good recovery.