Neurological Surgeon, Family Practitioner
1300 W Terrell Ave
Ste 300
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-820-4280
Locations and availability (5)

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2014

He is the best doctor I ever met and he really cares about the patient and he spends a lot of time making sure we understand about the brain tumor in my mother. ..thanks doctor Gregory

by Steve Davis on Apr 2nd, 2014

One year after a very hard time I am well praise God! Dr. Smith was the absolute best... He took all the time for me in a true hardship despite never having encountered my situation. I am blessed to have been in his care!!

|  The best doctor  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Smith is beyond amazing. Not only is he just amazing, all of his staff is too. He performed surgery on me and I'm so glad I chose him to be my doctor. They were very helpful in my post-op period and beyond that. I could have not found a better doctor. Thank your Dr. Smith and staff for all you guys do. I'm so glad to be able to say there is no better doctor than him!

|  Best Neurosurgeon  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2014

Dr. Smith is hands down the best neurosurgeon. He did surgery on me and after one visit with him I knew he was the perfect doctor! His bedside manor is GREAT! His nurse practitioner and nurse are awesome! His office staff is outstanding. Dr. Smith & his team are the best! I 100% without a doubt recommend Dr. Smith! He even treats your family with such courtesy and respect. Always get quick call backs if I have any questions or concerns. I can tell you that you won't find a better doctor & staff. He "fixed" me. And my life is so much better!!

Dec 25th, 2013

Dr. Smith is FANTASTIC! Awesome bedside manner, always get prompt calls back, quick appointments if needed, and explains everything thoroughly! Couldn't get a better physician. He will be operating on me and I have 100% trust in him, And all of his staff, the front desk ladys, and his nurse are phenomenal.

Nov 21st, 2013

Dr. Smith is fantastic. Always get prompt call backs, awesome bedside manner, overall a great physician and I have so much trust in this man! Thank you Dr.Smith

|  Spends great deal of time with patients  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2013

Dr Smith is an excellent surgeon. He spends a great deal of time with his patients explaining X-rays and diagnosis. He has operated on me, my daughter as well as co workers. All have had great outcomes. I feel he may release patients back to work a little too soon. Otherwise great doctor. New office location is much nicer. Staff is great

|  Withholds Information  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2013

Didn't inform me about all consequences of surgery. Lied to make it seem not so bad so he could get the insurance money. Complications resulted after the first surgery, which required more surgery and more money.

|  from another doctor that received surger from Dr. Smith  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

I am a doctor, a family medicine doctor to be exact. I broke my neck at C5-C6. I had every neurosurgeon at my disposal. I chose to have surgery with Dr. Greg Smith. My outcome was 100% perfect. Thank you Dr. Smith,From Dr. Chambers

|  Love Dr. Smith  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

My Mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor in the late afternoon. She was admitted to the hospital and Dr. Smith came to the hospital at 8:30pm just to check on her. Hers was non life threatening and minor....well as far as brain rumors go. He showed my Mom the pictures. My husband went to get food during that time. When he returned, Dr. Smith even took him to see the pictures. Dr. Smith has a very hard job bc I would bet most brain tumors are very bad. He skill as a surgeon was great and bedside manner was superb. I cannot say enough nice things about him. His wait time is terrible in his office perhaps bc he spends as much with you as you need. Perhaps ask for the first appt. of the day. His office in Southlake is small and efficient. The one in Ft. Worth is run down and needs a massive renovation. We had a great experience with Dr. Smith. He was very honest and upfront. Ask about your head being shaved, we had no idea my moms incision would be so big that half her head was shaved when she came out of surgery. Wish we would have known that upfront!!!

Jan 10th, 2011

Dr. Smith provided coverage for the attending neurogsurgeon and while he may be an excellent physician (what we were told) he has the worse bedside manner of any physician/surgeon that I have met in my 20 years of experience working in an acute care setting. He absolutely had no empathy and is obviously not of the Christian belief has he advised us that there was "no hope" for the situation we were experiencing. When we responded "there is always hope" - he glared me straight in the eyes with a blank look. These type of individuals should not be care-givers as they have long lost the reason individuals become physicians.

Doctor's Response

I am very sorry for this family's loss. It is unfortunate that their loved one has passed. I wish the truth and reality was easier to relay in a manner that each person found to their liking. While most families want to know the truth and not be "lied" to, others apparently dont like the message. If we shoot the messenger, who will deliver the news??

by Robert S. on Apr 15th, 2010

Dr. Smith performed a lumbar Fusion in 2008. his bedside manner is the best, and his followup was unmached by other dr. I have seen. I am having another surgery on my neck, and Dr. Smith was my first call. he explains stuff clearly and shows me exactly what was wrong on the MRI and x-rays.

Mar 30th, 2010

Dr Smith performed many surgeries on me. He had to go back in and correct the same problem quite a few times. Before the last operation, I went to other Surgeons for their opinion, and tey would not even touch me. They said that it was Dr. Smiths mess, and he needed to clean it up.