Dr. Gregory Heinen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Heinen?

Unresponsive and failed patient care by Dr staff

Posted on October 31st, 2017

Horrible experience due to failure to provide simple patient care and follow through on promised communication. I came to Dr. Heinen for a torn meniscus. He was helpful, knowledgeable, and I liked him. I chose to schedule arthroscopic knee surgery with him for the torn meniscus. From there, everything went downhill. Because of the upcoming Halloween (which falls on Tuesday, his surgery day), I asked to schedule for anytime that week. Without any consultation with me, I was told that 2:30PM on Wednesday was my surgery time by his nurse (via email). I made my first attempt to call his nurse to discuss the timing and to see if there were any other surgery considerations or schedule options. (2:30 is when we have to pick up my daughter from school) I was told she was too busy and that she'd call me back. No call followed. Alas, I chose to schedule the 2:30PM surgery anyways. I was told that I needed to buy crutches for post surgery, which I found that that I needed a Dr prescription and notes to process through insurance. I called the office to inform them and was told the nurse would email them to me in the morning. By noon the next day, I had not received any email. I had to call them to follow up and was told by the office staff that the nurse had handed it off to someone else (but that person needed info from the nurse). Worst of all is that she admitted that they had forgotten to call me and let me know. I asked to confirm my surgery time and prep instructions but the office staff said that nurse had the info and that she would call me in the morning with confirmation and other details. Again, I received no call. I had to call again on Friday to ferret out a confirmation from the office staff. I was told I just needed to show up 1 hour prior to the surgery and no other mention of surgery prep. The day before surgery (and with a strong feeling of uncertainty), I called to inquire if I needed to have any surgery prep. It was then that I was told I couldn't eat after 12AM the night before. I am currently breastfeeding my daughter (which the Dr was fully aware of) and simply cannot go without eating all day. I wish someone in the Dr office could have taken just 5 minutes to call me and inform me of this need in advance so that I had the time to prepare or schedule the surgery at the time that would make better sense. Unfortunately, they failed to provide any level of patient care or semblance of customer service for me. At every turn, I had to reach out to them to get information and was often met with missing/no information or promises for a call back that never came. I have chosen to cancel my surgery since I cannot comfortably put my health in the hands of people that I cannot even trust to give me a simple call back. Any surgery (no matter how small) is scary and I was simply looking for a Dr and staff to provide the needed information on a timely basis to help provide confidence during this process. I sadly received none of that here.

Posted on December 11th, 2016

Treated me like family. Recommended conservative care...and it worked! Nice to know a surgeon who is NOT surgery happy. Great doc...great staff

Posted on November 18th, 2016

Great surgeon, great bedside manner and sense care for patient!

Posted on September 27th, 2016

Takes the time I need. Answers my questions in straight forward manner. I had a complicated shoulder issue and Dr. Heinen got to the bottom of it. I had surgery and rapidly returned back to function! Great shoulder doc! Office staff very approachable as is Dr. Heinen.

Posted on July 18th, 2016

Great ortho and aqwesome staff

Posted on November 20th, 2015

He is awesome. I had 100 percent confidence in him. Surgery went perfect. He spends time explaining everything. The other dr told me I had s torn lcl, when it was just a cyst. He's great and honest

Posted on November 5th, 2015

Dr Heinen and his nurse Maria are absolute rockstars. Dr Heinen is the best and has great patient repore. Both my wife and I have bee treated by Dr. Heinen and couldn't be happier. Maria (his nurse) is always cheerful and extremely comforting and supportive and friendly. The two of them together are a medical team that's hard to beat! HIGHLY RECOMEND THEM FOR YOUR MEDICAL NEEDS....

Grea care

Posted on October 14th, 2015

My son is a soccer player who tore his ACL. Dr. Heinen was recommended to us. Our first meeting with Dr. Heinen was great. He was caring, confident, professional and funny. He spoke directly to my son and made us feel at ease about the surgery. He promised to take as long as necessary to "do it right" and he treats all his patients as if "they are family". No hesitation recommending Dr. Heinen.

Posted on December 16th, 2014

My shoulder is awesome! Thanks!

Posted on April 2nd, 2014

Felt like Dr Heinen took the time with me to answer my questions and address my concerns. Improved my quality of life. Great Doc. Great guy. Would send my family and friends

Posted on August 25th, 2017