A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gregory Helm:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gregory Helm is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Helm
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Helm Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gregory Helm, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Back Injuries
- Back Pain
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Brain Injuries
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Gene Therapy
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Education & Awards
Dr. Helm graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Helm has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- University of Virginia Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Gregory Helm MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Gregory Helm practice?
- Dr. Gregory Helm has 2 office locations.
Dr. Gregory Helm practices Neurological Surgery near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Neurological Surgeons.