A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gregory Helm:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gregory Helm is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gregory Helm, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Back Injuries
- Back Pain
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Brain Injuries
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Gene Therapy
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Education & Awards
Dr. Helm graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Helm has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- University of Virginia Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Helm accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gregory A. Helm practice?
Dr. Gregory Helm practices Neurological Surgery and Surgery near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Surgeons.