Dr. Gregory Helm Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Helm?

Parkinson’s Disease

Parkinson’s Disease

Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms and how the disease progresses over time.

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Helm?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 29th, 2017

Ok

Dr.Helms didn't stay long he didn't seem interested but he did order more test I'm waiting for the results. I met him in their Harrisonburg office which they had issues with downloading my MRI. Which I thought he would have looked at before hand. It wasn't a good visit he also didn't care that I was in severe pain he referred me to pain management.and walked out saying he'd didn't want to get me addicted to anything. I will see next visit how he act

October 12th, 2016

Disappointed

I visited Dr Helm and was not impressed. I was treated at the emergency room and told to follow up.I had back surgery 24 years ago and my hardware broke soon after the surgery. I've had no problems until September. I went to Dr Helm seeking treatment advise. I researched his accomplishments and felt that I was making a good decision. I was wrong !!! I have multiple problems including disc and fusion issues.The disc problem is noted on my CT report. The problem with my leg is pain.He offered to do a CT Mylo gram but said he was confident that the problem was not my back.He never addressed the disc problem and much to my surprise he referred me to pain management. I've been in the medical field for 22 years and I've never had a doctor show as little concern for his patient as Dr Helm. I believe that he thought I was seeking pain medication. I was so disappointed. I've not been treated for any pain or back issues in 24 years.I have 2 broken screws, 2 disc bulging and pain in my left leg. Well it time to continue the search for a doctor that can help me . The last thing I need is to be addicted to drugs. Yes I do agree that pain management is good for some but I work in the medical field and I have to be able to function clear minded and with no drugs on board.If I wanted drugs I could have gotten them any day of the week. I wanted and needed help. This kind of treatment is a bad reflection on UVA. I know they are a wonderful facility. That's why I'm so disappointed.

March 7th, 2015

Very polite , spend plenty of time with me and great knowledge and insight about my problem. When he came to the room he had already looked at my MRI.

February 12th, 2015

I thought Dr. Helm was extremely good especially since he completely eradicated the pain.

January 6th, 2015

This doctor did not seem interested in helping me nor in providing help. If it wasn't an easy fix he does not appear interested. I was very disappointed all around. I have seen numerous doctors and he definitely displayed the least amount of care towards a patients care. Did not even do a general examination considering symptoms. I felt he had made his decision prior to seeing me.

May 14th, 2014

Highest rating

This Doctor did not watch his clock with me. Took his time in explaining, was very kind and considerate. I am keeping this Doctor, and would recommend him highly.

July 16th, 2012

Very good doctor he is quick and to the point and has really made a diffrence in my health problem.

April 4th, 2012

Not impressed

Felt like cattle, doctors and nurses are suppose to show some empathy. I was treated like I was wasting their time with my medical problem. They did nothing to help. Never bothered to sit down and go over any possible solutions. Don't wast your time or money at UVA.

September 8th, 2010

would not recommend

treated like a number not an individual. absolutely uncaring and totally not helpful. I have never been treated in this manner by anyone let alone by a doctor.

July 4th, 2017