Dr. Gregory Hummel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

March 25th, 2016
Dr. Hummel has no bedside manor at all. after operation it was better but still could not bed leg very far

September 1st, 2015
Dr Hummel is a great at making his patients better. My mom has been going to him for 20 years. She has had both hips done and ankel. With no problems. Now his bed side manner is horrible. But if you want things done right then he is your man. You do have to do what he says cause it is his way or see someone else. If you want it done right go to him. Don't go to him for his personality. And he doesn't spend much time with you because he knows what is basically wrong when he sees you and your pain then works on making you whole again

July 26th, 2015
regretful pt
Dr. Hummel did not listen to me or care about my concerns. He was very short with me and treated me like I was a second class citizen. I could even hear him yelling at the nursing staff all the way down the hall. I would never rEcole him.

May 8th, 2015
Firefighter
I have been a patient of Dr. Hummel since 1988 he has put me back together 3 times, 2 knee's and a shoulder, he made it possible to be able to return to the job I love. Never was their any type of complications or infections of any type. His style and patient re pore is a little hard to get use too but I would not trust any one else. He has also treated 2 of my children and my mother. He tells you what you need to hear and sometimes it is not what you want to hear. He is a good man and a great surgeon. The staff is top notch, Thanks Doctor H

May 3rd, 2014
Nurse
I went to Dr. Hummel about a shoulder injury. I was led into the room, and told to put on a gown, which I did.. I waited 45 minutes for him. He walks in the room and sees my labs in my chaarts. First thing he says, "Thanks for bringing me something I don't need." He removes them from the charts and gives them to me. He asks about my injury, worked my arm, guesitames the diagnosis, sends me for x-ray. I waited 20 minutes in a room, for the tech to take me to x-ray She takes several x-rays, and tells me to go to the room. I go to my room (which is wide open with my shirt and book). I waited 25 minutes for the doctor to return, while I read my book. He explains my x-ray. "I didn't see anything much." and proceeds to tell me his treatment plan. He shows me pulley exercises, then explains the injection. He deadens the pain with ice that had melted by the time he came back into the room which was 20 minutes. He briefly explains the shot. I thought there would be 2 shots, "I gave you your shot, I told you that." He leaves, i ask him the diagnosis. He says, "I gave you that already." Absolutely the most rudeset doctor I have ever encountered in my life, both as a patient, then as a nurse. I see tons of doctor, but this one blew me away. I would never suggest a patient go to him, ever. I'm not even sure the diagnosis was right. When he explained my treatment plan, he said, "Sense your not doing anything tomorrow, this is what you're going to do." Like I'd not do the exercises? I am a very compassionate, caring and the most compliant patient to care for. His rudesness was beyond anything I'd ever encountered. Yes, he is treating it and it will be okay after this, but he's nothing to me. I have a follow p appointment and I dread it.

December 3rd, 2012
MEDIOCRE OVERALL
Most folks say Hummel is a good surgeon, but there is more to it than cutting and sewing and this is where Hummel is really the worst. He is arrogant. He makes deals on payment and then thinks he alone has the right to go back on his word. He treats his patients like they are stupid. He so much thinks that he is in charge that he fails to brief or consult patients on treatment issues. He is intelligent, but kind of wierd and does not pay attention to patient concerns. Overall I think he is pretty mediocre and i would not want to be in his care again.

February 21st, 2011
This doctor treats his patients with courtesy by addressing them with their last names. He is direct & to the point and does not "talk down" to them. He does not waste my time or his, yet he is very thoural. He is an excellent surgeon.

January 4th, 2011
Thank you!
Carpal tunnel-gone. Tennis elbow-gone. Thank you Dr. Hummel!

January 8th, 2009
You want a warm hug? Buy a teddy bear. If you want the best orthopaedic surgeon in the midwest area, go to Dr. Hummel. His infection rates are low and his outcomes are excellent.

July 11th, 2008
disagree with others!
Is this the same doctor? Dr Hummel was wonderful to my and my family and took very good care of my mother, having operated on her twice. Would definitely go to him again if needed.

April 2nd, 2008
Find another doctor---FAST!!
Does not listen to patient at all and is very arrogant. Leaves the room as you are talking to him and takes a few appointments for him to finally figure out what is wrong. Has horrible follow up on surgery and blames patient for any problems following. Horrible bedside manner, rude, arrogant...just to name a few.