Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Dr Ellison is AMAZING  |  show details
by CB on Dec 1st, 2014

I love reading people's reviews!! Absolutely Crack me up! It's always the Dr's fault, which I really highly doubt! Dr Ellison is the most honest and fair Dr I have ever had the opportunity to be seen by, I have been seeing him for almost 2.5 years and have been feeling like a better person since! I now atleast have a quality of life that I can enjoy with my wife and 4 kids. Dr Ellison tells you like it is and only prescribes what is best for each individual patient. Dr Ellison has had some staff members that did not have the same outlook of patient care as he does and those individuals are no longer there and have been replaced with knowledgeable and sincere MA's and office staff. Dr Ellison is one of the best doctors in the Phoenix area and I should know i still travel back to see him every two months because I cannot find anyone that cares for my health and well being as he does. Thank you Doctor Ellison for giving me my life back and always treating me with the utmost respect. CB

by Richard Petty on Oct 16th, 2014

I think this Doctor is great !!!!! He has got me off pain meds more than once. He is now my full time Doctor. The best I have ever seen. THANKS Dr. Ellison

|  Extremely unreliable drug pusher  |  show details
by Bob on Aug 29th, 2014

I got to vising this office 3 times. My first visit was quite pleasant. I was there for shoulder pain. The doctor gave me some meds, Lyrica, and ordered some tests. My second visit, Dr Ellison gave me Norco 7.5 for my pain, 6 per day, for 2 months, and another supply after that.Then, he cut me off. I could not get a prompt appointment. I called several times, and asked for a call back. I wanted to get of Norco. I never got a call. Just excuses. Over and over. I complained. to no avail. I was going through serious withdrawal, and all I could get was to make an appointment. 1 -2 weeks. Withdrawal? HELLO!! This Dr could care less about his patients. Not even an apology. You know, we are really busy. I hope not for long

|  Shocking reviews!  |  show details
by Jack on Jul 29th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Ellison for well over 20 years. I went online just now to look for his fax number so I can ensure delivery of blood test results before my appointment today. I saw this patient ratings board and clicked on it and am shocked at how may poor comments were made about this practice. Dr. Ellison is a fantastic physician that is almost a one stop shop. He is very cautious with the administration of controlled substances and has a great bedside manner. His front office staff can be short but not unpleasant, they are busy like any successful practice that has been around for decades. He has been my general practitioner for ever and wouldn't go anywhere else. Keep in mind when people write these reviews. When someone is pleased with their service, they almost never log on and write a review. When someone has a bad experience, they go out of their way to complain about their experience. I'm sure if all happy patients were to write a review this list would go on for pages, J.

|  John Doe  |  show details
by John Doe on Apr 17th, 2014

I think this doctor should be reported to the DEA because he is accepting patients who he is aware are cheating on their urinals test. These people go into the bathroom as soon as they walk in the door and put the urine of someone else into the jar and give the specimen to the nurses. I have called and told them what is going on, but because these people pay cash, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. I'm also sure that the doctor does not have any mri or cat scans for these individuals who then turn around and sell the pills. I am ashamed that his doctor is allowing this to happen. I am going to contact the DEA so they can run a full background check on this doctor, he should give up his credentials since he did not want to give up his cash paying clients.

|  Such a bad dr and office does not care if you live or die  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2014

Omg there office staff is so rude I called them saying I really need to be seen i have an opiate and Xanax addiction and the lady was like we talked about this before you have had to many no shows and he won't see you. So I said how many no shows she's like I can't see that information it just says you have to many. I was like how can I have to many no shows if I haven't been seen in over 4 years she said because I just can't. I was like are you sure my brother isn't the one with the no shows and she was like nope it says you. Then I said you said to me last week you would ask the dr if I could be seen and obviously you haven't and she was like let me get the office manager then the office manager said the same thing. After that I was like well do you know any other good dr who will help me and she was like no go online and find them yourself like are you kidding me? I would recommend them to no one do not go to this office!!!!

by Michael Kindred on Aug 7th, 2013

There was a woman working at the office window whom goes by the name of Jackie. She was very brash and ran me out of the office as a new patient.

|  Doctor and office insensitive to patient's bill and insurance  |  show details
by Douglas on Feb 27th, 2013

Both doctor and office were very rude and insensitive to the my bill and insurance. When I made the appointment August 2012, I found the doctor was in my insurance's network, and I even called both the insurance and doctor's office to confirm it. My insurance would cover 100% for an annual physical, and I told the doctor's office that was the only thing I needed. During the day of the doctor's visit, the office told me if I asked anything other than physical, the doctor would charge me extra. I re-affirmed to her that I has no illness and nothing else needed except the what covered by the insurance. However, after everything I did, I still received $106 bill since two blood works were not covered by the insurance. When I called the doctor office, both the office clerks and the doctor told me what happened is what happened. They were sorry for the mistake but I am still responsible for the bill since they did not know what my insurance cover and what my insurance does not cover. The doctor in the insurance network should know the coverage, otherwise they should not be participate the network. Especially I told them when I made the appointment and during I visited the doctor's office that I only needed the items covered by the insurance, the office should check my insurance. The doctor and the office are irresponsible and insensitive to patient's financial requirement.

|  No Bedside Manner  |  show details
May 19th, 2011

My wife came in for a visit to verify that she was pregnant after taking two home pregnancy tests. When she arrived the nurse gave her a test and then took a seat in one of the patient rooms.When the doctor came in she asked about the test and he replied, "Yeah, you're pregnant." and then he promptly mentioned that one in five first time pregnancies end in a miscarriage. He didn't congratulate her or give her advice, only told her that she has a 20% chance of losing the baby. What kind of doctor would say such a thing? This guy is complete jerk; he is very pretentious and very rude. This is not the only time he has expressed a total lack of bedside manner but this will be the last. If you see this doctor, I hope that you don't have anything too seriously wrong with you because even when there is good news to tell, he has an uncanny way of making someone feel miserable.

|  my all time favorite dr.  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

Dr.Ellison is a wonderful ,caring, smart ,classy doctor. He can do it all perfect. He saved my life. He got me off pain meds after a awful Dr.mohr got me hooked on pain killers. Dr. E didn't make me feel ashamed, he was so understanding. Then after he got me clean we started working on what I thought was depression because every doctor for the past 15 yrs. keep misdiagnosing me and would write me out antidepresssents until Dr E took the time and discovered I have had ADHD this whole time and I have never felt better. Then he is magic when he performs injectables. I got Botox and filler (perlane) in my lips and under my eyes and I have never been more happy. It's amazing to have one Dr that can do it all so he really knows his patients He can do it all! He is also my husbands Dr and little girls Dr. Plus his office is so nice. Beautiful rock wall waterfall with lilypads and a huge built in the wall salt water fish tank. friendly receptionists,friendly nurses, very clean bathrooms and rooms. I cannot say enough about Dr. Ellison. everytime I leave there I feel so blessed that I finally found one such an amazing Dr. I recommend him to everyone I know.

|  Experienced and considerate doctor!  |  show details
by Satisfied paitent on Jul 22nd, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Gregory Ellison to anyone who is looking for a good family practitioner. He spent time with me during each visit, made me feel like I could tell him anything. He is genuinely concerned about how you are feeling and seems like he wants the best for his patients. The office is very professional and you dont feel uncomfortable. The moment you walk into the office, you are greeted by a flowing fountain and a nicely decorated waiting area. Dr. Ellison gave me hope again.

|  Mrs. PMO  |  show details
by Mrs. PMO on Apr 28th, 2009

Beware; this is the worse doctor in the valley. He miss diagnosed me 2 times; and both were serious. Once I begged him to help me and he did nothing. He gave me antidepressants and never brought me up to the minimum dose, so it could never help me. I was dying. If I didn't self refer to a Psychiatrist, I probably would have committed suicide. Then within six months I started having a migraine that never went away. I was in such pain. He & his PA shot me up with lidicain all around my head, it didn't dull the pain! He sent me for one CAT SCAN, without contrast which is the method to find tumors, and when nothing came back -- he said my pain was "a women thing -- and stress." And left me to suffer, ugh! My psychiatrist is the one who kept pushing me to see a neurologist -- I never got the information from Dr. Ellison! So when I was about ready to cut my head off, I got my own referral and went. GUESS WHAT, I had a lemon size brain tumor, a large tumor. Do you think when the results came, (because they sent a copy to his office too) I ever got a phone call or ever heard from him again? NO! And I never went back -- Now that my health is better I would love to sue Dr. Gregory Lee Ellison! So beware, this doctor is more about the business of medicine then the practice of it! I wish he could feel the pain that he allow me to suffer!

by Tracey :) on Jan 7th, 2009

Dr. Ellison has saved me, more than one time, in our four year history. He is always extremely patient and kind. Always listens and helps me understand whatever diagnosis is determined. I've never had such good care from any doctor, in all my 42 years!

|  Great Physician  |  show details
by consumerLT on Feb 9th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Ellison is a gifted physician that conveys a sincere interest in his patients. He treats his patients as a whole person and seems to have a natural sense for his patients concerns and treatment needs. He has done an excellent job treating my health concerns and I would recommend him to my friends and family. If I had any serious health condition I would definitely want to see him for treatment and care management. he is the best.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com