Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Ten Years Later... show details Ten Years Later...
Jul 1st, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Ellison for 10 years now, but will not be going back due to poor office management, inconsistent patient care, antiquated hand-record keeping, and terrible phone service. If this had occurred only once or twice, I could have been accepting of it. Dr. Ellison has a very frequent turnover of his nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and office staff, causing inconsistency. He has had some excellent and caring NPHs who are no longer there. Hmm...wonder why. Dr. Ellison's level of care varies from appt. to appt. Sometimes he listens, other times he does not. Sometimes he seems hyper, other times, focused. He generally wants to prescribe compounded meds or newer brand-name meds that are not generic, and are expensive. His office consistently says they have not received faxes from my pharmacy, when I know they were sent several times. I have delayed changing physicians but, unfortunately, it is now time. Goodbye, Dr. Ellison. I should have left long ago.

Jun 15th, 2016

Horrible, the staff is the worst! Don't call you back and PA looks like she just walked off the street and is the rudest person I have ever met in my life. RUN from here!!!!!!!

Appointment show details Appointment
Jan 5th, 2016

I tried to make an appointment, they told me they could not help me without proper insurance? Click!

Sep 22nd, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Ellison for over 20 years with all family members. No complaints with him but some staffing issues which I spoke with him personally and he addressed before my next visit. patients are important to him.

Aug 22nd, 2015

great doctor, listens when you talk

HIGHLY recommend any other office. show details HIGHLY recommend any other office.
by Miles on Jul 29th, 2015

I woke that day with my left hand not being able to move at all, no other signs of stroke and I had the appointment in a few hours. I started going there for addiction/detox. After that was very quickly discussed I asked the PA (who was rude and I never learned her name) something like, "I can't move my left hand at all since I woke up, is there anything you can do?" She then asked if they're my primary care office and when I said no she told me just stretch it. A hand that I'm not able to move AT ALL, a doctor's advice is to stretch it, don't bother with the ER or anything. Ended up going to the ER after that and it was a pinched nerve. They took a urine analysis and sent it to a lab in Oklahoma (which was never mentioned to me) to be analyzed, which wasn't covered by my insurance. I thought the office claimed it had its own lab but if I'm wrong, there are plenty of labs in the Phoenix metro area. Why would it be sent to an Oklahoma lab.....? Very unprofessional business practices , rude staff including the medical team, that want you in and out as quick as possible.

24 years and counting show details 24 years and counting
by Julie on Jan 19th, 2015

I have been going to dr Ellison since I was an infant and since I started junior high I haven't seen him just his assistant doc witch is not that bad because both ones he has had have been great

by Richard Petty on Oct 16th, 2014

I think this Doctor is great !!!!! He has got me off pain meds more than once. He is now my full time Doctor. The best I have ever seen. THANKS Dr. Ellison

Extremely unreliable drug pusher show details Extremely unreliable drug pusher
by Bob on Aug 29th, 2014

I got to vising this office 3 times. My first visit was quite pleasant. I was there for shoulder pain. The doctor gave me some meds, Lyrica, and ordered some tests. My second visit, Dr Ellison gave me Norco 7.5 for my pain, 6 per day, for 2 months, and another supply after that.Then, he cut me off. I could not get a prompt appointment. I called several times, and asked for a call back. I wanted to get of Norco. I never got a call. Just excuses. Over and over. I complained. to no avail. I was going through serious withdrawal, and all I could get was to make an appointment. 1 -2 weeks. Withdrawal? HELLO!! This Dr could care less about his patients. Not even an apology. You know, we are really busy. I hope not for long

Shocking reviews! show details Shocking reviews!
by Jack on Jul 29th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Ellison for well over 20 years. I went online just now to look for his fax number so I can ensure delivery of blood test results before my appointment today. I saw this patient ratings board and clicked on it and am shocked at how may poor comments were made about this practice. Dr. Ellison is a fantastic physician that is almost a one stop shop. He is very cautious with the administration of controlled substances and has a great bedside manner. His front office staff can be short but not unpleasant, they are busy like any successful practice that has been around for decades. He has been my general practitioner for ever and wouldn't go anywhere else. Keep in mind when people write these reviews. When someone is pleased with their service, they almost never log on and write a review. When someone has a bad experience, they go out of their way to complain about their experience. I'm sure if all happy patients were to write a review this list would go on for pages, J.

Such a bad dr and office does not care if you live or die show details Such a bad dr and office does not care if you live or die
Mar 27th, 2014

Omg there office staff is so rude I called them saying I really need to be seen i have an opiate and Xanax addiction and the lady was like we talked about this before you have had to many no shows and he won't see you. So I said how many no shows she's like I can't see that information it just says you have to many. I was like how can I have to many no shows if I haven't been seen in over 4 years she said because I just can't. I was like are you sure my brother isn't the one with the no shows and she was like nope it says you. Then I said you said to me last week you would ask the dr if I could be seen and obviously you haven't and she was like let me get the office manager then the office manager said the same thing. After that I was like well do you know any other good dr who will help me and she was like no go online and find them yourself like are you kidding me? I would recommend them to no one do not go to this office!!!!

by Michael Kindred on Aug 7th, 2013

There was a woman working at the office window whom goes by the name of Jackie. She was very brash and ran me out of the office as a new patient.

No Bedside Manner show details No Bedside Manner
May 19th, 2011

My wife came in for a visit to verify that she was pregnant after taking two home pregnancy tests. When she arrived the nurse gave her a test and then took a seat in one of the patient rooms.When the doctor came in she asked about the test and he replied, "Yeah, you're pregnant." and then he promptly mentioned that one in five first time pregnancies end in a miscarriage. He didn't congratulate her or give her advice, only told her that she has a 20% chance of losing the baby. What kind of doctor would say such a thing? This guy is complete jerk; he is very pretentious and very rude. This is not the only time he has expressed a total lack of bedside manner but this will be the last. If you see this doctor, I hope that you don't have anything too seriously wrong with you because even when there is good news to tell, he has an uncanny way of making someone feel miserable.

my all time favorite dr. show details my all time favorite dr.
Mar 27th, 2011

Dr.Ellison is a wonderful ,caring, smart ,classy doctor. He can do it all perfect. He saved my life. He got me off pain meds after a awful Dr.mohr got me hooked on pain killers. Dr. E didn't make me feel ashamed, he was so understanding. Then after he got me clean we started working on what I thought was depression because every doctor for the past 15 yrs. keep misdiagnosing me and would write me out antidepresssents until Dr E took the time and discovered I have had ADHD this whole time and I have never felt better. Then he is magic when he performs injectables. I got Botox and filler (perlane) in my lips and under my eyes and I have never been more happy. It's amazing to have one Dr that can do it all so he really knows his patients He can do it all! He is also my husbands Dr and little girls Dr. Plus his office is so nice. Beautiful rock wall waterfall with lilypads and a huge built in the wall salt water fish tank. friendly receptionists,friendly nurses, very clean bathrooms and rooms. I cannot say enough about Dr. Ellison. everytime I leave there I feel so blessed that I finally found one such an amazing Dr. I recommend him to everyone I know.

Experienced and considerate doctor! show details Experienced and considerate doctor!
by Satisfied paitent on Jul 22nd, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Gregory Ellison to anyone who is looking for a good family practitioner. He spent time with me during each visit, made me feel like I could tell him anything. He is genuinely concerned about how you are feeling and seems like he wants the best for his patients. The office is very professional and you dont feel uncomfortable. The moment you walk into the office, you are greeted by a flowing fountain and a nicely decorated waiting area. Dr. Ellison gave me hope again.

Mrs. PMO show details Mrs. PMO
by Mrs. PMO on Apr 28th, 2009

Beware; this is the worse doctor in the valley. He miss diagnosed me 2 times; and both were serious. Once I begged him to help me and he did nothing. He gave me antidepressants and never brought me up to the minimum dose, so it could never help me. I was dying. If I didn't self refer to a Psychiatrist, I probably would have committed suicide. Then within six months I started having a migraine that never went away. I was in such pain. He & his PA shot me up with lidicain all around my head, it didn't dull the pain! He sent me for one CAT SCAN, without contrast which is the method to find tumors, and when nothing came back -- he said my pain was "a women thing -- and stress." And left me to suffer, ugh! My psychiatrist is the one who kept pushing me to see a neurologist -- I never got the information from Dr. Ellison! So when I was about ready to cut my head off, I got my own referral and went. GUESS WHAT, I had a lemon size brain tumor, a large tumor. Do you think when the results came, (because they sent a copy to his office too) I ever got a phone call or ever heard from him again? NO! And I never went back -- Now that my health is better I would love to sue Dr. Gregory Lee Ellison! So beware, this doctor is more about the business of medicine then the practice of it! I wish he could feel the pain that he allow me to suffer!

by Tracey :) on Jan 7th, 2009

Dr. Ellison has saved me, more than one time, in our four year history. He is always extremely patient and kind. Always listens and helps me understand whatever diagnosis is determined. I've never had such good care from any doctor, in all my 42 years!