Dr. Gregory Lackides MD Patient Reviews

March 4th, 2017
Mom Was So Satisfied
Dr. Lackides cared for my mother during her last 5 years of life. In that time, we found him to be very caring and personable. Mom's previous doctor had literally told her, "I can't keep you alive forever." From the first appointment, Dr. Lackides showed true concern for my mother's various conditions and complaints, and always focused on her quality of life. He listened to her answers to his questions, and he prescribed tests, medication changes, and follow-up that helped her live comfortably until the ripe age of 92. She was on warfarin, like the other reviewer's father above, but she had regular testing in the Clinic to keep track of her INR levels. Mom and I were highly satisfied with Dr. Lackides. His staff even sent a sympathy card when Mom passed away.

November 27th, 2014
Daughter of Patient
It has taken several months to finally get past the loss of my father and the follow-up review from OHSU. Dr Lackides never asked my father any questions that did not come from his computer screen. Prescribing warfarin without testing led to blood vessels in the brain to thin and "leak". Consequently, swelling in the brain occurred over a period of several day,s initially, which led to stroke, which led to three years of paralyzing immobility and further leakage, brain damage, shunts. In this day and age, doctors have the ability to do better testing, as well as more in depth communication not only with the patient but other physicians. Only arrogance and pride would cause a man who's been through years of medical school to believe all of these answers are on the computer screen! My father suffered for over three years because of arrogance and pride.

September 15th, 2014
Time To Move On
In this age of technology I am very disturbed by a dr who spends his time with me only looking at the computer screen. It is important for a dr to hear what is going on with me. However, I find that dr lackidies prefers to ask me questions from his computer and if my issues were not on his screen, I was told I would have to make another appointment. I am disappointed that medical care has become so impersonal and one sided. These appointments have lacked thoroughness and that could become dangerous.

January 7th, 2010
Excellent physician. He has the best bedside manner. I feel fortunate to have him as a physician.