Internist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

200 Grand Ave
Ste 102
Englewood, NJ 07631
201-871-3636
Locations and availability (4)

|  show details
Feb 18th, 2014

While Dr. Magee is charming and spends time with patients, his administrative staff is terrible. It is impossible to get anyone on the phone. The answering service will not take messages and when you finally get someone in the office, the people never return calls. I have difficulty getting prescriptions refilled because of this or even getting a prescription for an antibiotic. And, scheduling is a nightmare. He does not have any appointments before 11am and even if you get the first appointment of the day, you will wait no less than an hour and a half. Finally, the billing department is a mess. I regularly get bills that have already been paid by my insurance and again, you can't get anyone to return a call. The billing services have been sent to a call center in India so it's even worse now.

|  Outstanding care 10 stars for exccellence- this will only allow me give 4  |  show details
by jean on Oct 3rd, 2013

Dr Mcgee staff was courteous and busy. During my 2.5 hour visit I had quite a few tests done to gather all the necessary data, I also brought a CD of my Cat Scan. Dr McGee spent well over 20 minutes in his office with me explaining the meaning of the Cat Scan, and the Breathing test I took in his office. He then did a hands on examination explaining what he was looking for. After all the blood work was gathered, Dr. McGee again spent easily another 25 minutes with me to discuss next steps . I have NEVER had a doctor spent more than 10-15 minutes with me, the 15 being very rare. Dr. McGee displayed a very caring and positive attitude. It was important to him that I understood all the test results , their meaning for me, and the next steps. I highly recommend him to any person needing a caring doctor who knows how important the patients feelings are to them.

|  Most Unprofessional Physician  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2013

Although Dr. Magee's "bedside" manner is quite charming, do not be fooled. I had taken tests within his office; afterwards given a face-to-face consultation, where he gave me a suspicious verbal diagnosis ... without his examining the results carefully. I wanted to share this diagnosis with my primary dr so I requested a written diagnosis from the office (5 times from various staff members) but never received one. An MRI was prescribed but his office waited over 4 weeks to give me the results. And my "presenting symtoms" were never treated. I went back to my internist, and a pulmonary specialist; each concurred the numbers did not explain Magee's conclusions. This is beyond unprofessionalism.

|  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

Wonderful doctor. Should be rated 7 stars.

|  Dr. Magee  |  show details
by B. Bruno on Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Magee and all the doctors in his office are excellent. When you have to wait for a Dr. like Dr. Magee you don't mind because you know that when it is your turn he will not rush you, he will listen to you and answer all of your questions and spend as much time as is necessary with you. For these reasons you don't mind waiting for him. In the many, many years I have gone to him he has never rushed me, has always been there for me when I needed him and is one of the best diagnosticians I have ever met. He is more a 12 star Than 4 in my opinion. He is caring, kind, thorough, intelligent, capable, current with what is going on in his field, and a wonderful human being.