Dr. Gregory Midis MD Patient Reviews

• Surgical Oncology Knoxville, TN

September 9th, 2015
I've seen my share of doctors in my 75 years, 2 cancers, etc., and Dr. Midis rates right at the top with very few others. Diagnosis and he volunteered to do surgery following Saturday. Great attitude, manners, etc. I'd recommend him anytime.

May 31st, 2015
He is an awesome doctor. He is compassionate.

April 27th, 2015
Greg Midis Rules
Dr Midis saved my life with his expertise and compassion. I am alive today because of his skill. I had been to several other doctors - the less said the better. He is the best- a surgeon who deals with his patients when they are conscious. I had a terrifying illness and he walked me through it - it has been ten years and I am healthy and happy- thank you Dr. Midis I love you!

October 13th, 2014
A Great Surgeon with a Remarkably Kind Bedside Manner
It is hard for me to say enough about my experience with Dr. Midis. I was not expecting to have to have surgery, but one of the things I could control was the choice of surgeon. Dr. Midis has a stellar reputation around the hospital. His colleagues, the hospital staff and his patients all not only respect him, but genuinely like him. He treated me with kindness and frankness, helping me navigate a scary situation with as little pain as possible. When you have a doctor as well-trained as Dr Midis, it is always a pleasant surprise when he turns out to be so respectful of his patients. He was never rushed and treated me like I was his only patient in the hospital, which I know is not the case. He is definitely one of the good guys and I would recommend him without any reservations whatsoever.

September 10th, 2014
Dr. Midis was the best and most caring doctor that my daughter has ever had in her life. He saved her life, and he helped her with her fears and he had a great bedside manner with her, Nina has had multiple surgeries during her life and it has been touch and go for so many years, he helped her with her fears and the information he gave her was very professional but also very compassionate. His office and office staff were great anytime Nina needed help they were their for her. I can not say enough about this doctor. Highly recommended.

February 6th, 2014
Long time friend and patient
Great doctor and afterwards we bonded into great friends. I thank him and the good Lord for the last 14 years I was given to spend some wonderful time with my loving family. I am having some issues again, and he is again doing his amazing job of solving my problem. With him and prayers I am sure all will be fine. Would recomend anyone to him with any kind of cancer or serious problem, he will do all he can to help them through their difficult time. he is a all star doctor in our eyes!!!

August 7th, 2013
colon cancer surgery
In my opinion, I think that Dr. Midis is the greatest!! He was not only a great surgeon, but also was the most compassionate, caring doctor that I have ever had. He had a way of helping me to relax and not worry so much about my cancer and also helped to get one of the best Chemo doctors around to treat me. I will never forget the great care that I received under his care. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 8th, 2013
Patient
Not only is Dr. Midis an excellent surgeon, he truly cares about his patients, does research for the best approach and makes sure that there is follow up after the surgery. He puts together the best team he can find to manage the case. He makes you feel like you are his only patient even though you know he is really busy. The hospital staff express the highest respect for his ability and his care of his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone facing the scary diagnosis of cancer.

February 3rd, 2012
colon cancer surgery
Dr Midis was my surgeon for cancer of the colon. He is an excellent physician/surgeon. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything. I would highly recommend using Dr Midis.

January 20th, 2011
had colon trouble and he did procedure 3yrs ago. Now, he will NOT do follow up since I've had no problems. Said it would take away from cancer patients! unbelievable this man's arrogance. He told me to have done each year to prevent cancer and yet this idiot won't help. scumbag

June 29th, 2010
Could not ask for more...
I have a difficult case of Crohn's Disease that required some fairly extensive surgery. After suffering through what I thought was a bad experience with another surgeon, Dr. Midis quickly knew what direction to go in. He has made a couple of phone calls to my home inquiring about my progress etc. I have never had another physician take the time to personally contact me before. He is an excellent doctor, and person.

June 21st, 2010
Breast Cancer
Very good surgeon. From the moment we met him, we were pleased with his bedside manner and overall handling of a scary situation. Surgery went well with very little scarring. Awesome!!