Some ratings provided by DrScore.
best trauma doctor in Southeast michigan show details best trauma doctor in Southeast michigan
May 9th, 2015

If you have a complicated ortho injury he is your best choice. Dr. Nowinski helped repair my husband after two ortho injuries ankle and shoulder Feb 2015. He speaks to you with excellent beside manner so you understand the plan of care. He has a large office staff and is very busy but doesn't make you wait. I appreciate all his skill and would refer anyone to him. Excellent physician!

Amazing at his profession! show details Amazing at his profession!
by daughter of patient on Jan 17th, 2015

I am actually the daughter of one of his patients. Back in the mid '90's my dad got up on a tall step ladder and fell in our garage. His leg was broken, very badly. I remember the doctor saying "if we can save the leg" , because the break was that bad. Dr. Nowinski was assigned to my dad and put him back together with some hardware and he was as good as new. Fast forward to 2011, miss a chair and fell and broke his hip and leg (the other one). When he arrived at Beaumont, he had x-rays and was told he'd need surgery. In an instant my dad requested Dr. Nowinski again and they said "of course!". Once again, this wonderful doctor put our dad back together again! He went to rehab, learned how to walk again, ditched the wheelchair, walker and cane and was up and walking within 3 months. Thank you Dr. Nowinski for all you have done for our dad!

Other hospital 2 xrays can!t fix sent me to trama beamont Nowinski show details Other hospital 2 xrays can!t fix sent me to trama beamont Nowinski
by bill weish on Jul 6th, 2014

Doc fixed all broken bones and 1tendon below knee very atentive of ininfection bones all heeled

QC at Tenaris show details QC at Tenaris
by D Meloche on Jun 10th, 2013

I first saw Dr Nowinski in 1994 for a blown ACL His Amazing surgical and follow up care permitted me to continue my Marathon running for many years I would recommend him highly !

Arm & a leg show details Arm & a leg
May 30th, 2013

I have been into Dr. Nowinskis office twice. He worked on my arm when I broke it and he also worked on my leg. While these are two more surgeries than I would have wanted he made it as pleasurable of an experience as it could have been. He made sure I was feeling well and even took the time in office to listen to me and reassure me that everything would be ok, as it would be. I would recommend anyone to him because he and his staff are the best. Who knows, Im only 25, if I need anything done he's the surgeon I would want working on me.

top notch show details top notch
Nov 24th, 2012

Worth the wait. I dont think i would have a functioning arm without his expertise.

Jul 2nd, 2012

I had broken my left clavicle 20 years ago and it healed rather "lumpily." Another flip over the handlebars in the summer of 2010 and the only surgical choice was installing metal plates to support it. I had the choice of waiting slightly longer for another surgeon who performed surgery on the Red Wings or Dr. Nowinski. The Red Wing guy placed his full confidence in Dr. Nowinski for my situation. Dr. Nowinski did an outstanding job.

Very well informed and professional show details Very well informed and professional
Apr 27th, 2012

Great Dr., had 2 surgeries with complex bone reconstruction. Dr. nowinski is very knowledgabee and tells you "how it is"' which I really appreciate.

Jan 13th, 2012

the best

Top notch show details Top notch
Dec 9th, 2011

Very efficient and informative. He very quickly explained what had to be done, why, what too expect and the timing. I was misdiagnosed in emergency and went in expecting no surgery. He broke it to me straight. Same experience in getting the hardware back out. You are in great hands with Dr Nowinski. His quality poses a bit of a problem with getting through to a nurse quickly. He is too popular:) They do return calls though.

Sep 20th, 2011

Building environment very good. Handicap friendly from doors to restrooms.

I thought I would never walk again show details I thought I would never walk again
Jan 13th, 2011

I was very afraid I would not be able to drive or walk well. I had had surgery in June of 2010 and now I am gradually regaining use of my leg. Dr. Nowinski is a caring doctor, listens to my questions and answers them giving me the time to understand him and what the next steps are in my recovery.

by Terri on Apr 18th, 2010

Probably the best doctor I have ever had.

Getting back a sports life show details Getting back a sports life
by Brad Gougeon on Oct 11th, 2009

My daughter was a competitive swimmer who had an accident which really screwed up her shoulder. No orthopedic surgeons in northern Michigan would operate on her. Finally, one from Midland recommended Dr. Nowinski and helped set up an appointment. He operated on her 14 months ago and now she is swimming painfree and breaking personal best times. Thank you Dr. Nowinski.

Dr. Nowinski show details Dr. Nowinski
Apr 24th, 2009

They call him "top dog" in hospitals across the state. Ortho Trauma Surgeon unsurpassed is what I would call him.

Best in his field!!!!! show details Best in his field!!!!!
Nov 18th, 2008

Dr Nowinski cares about his patients very much. He is well respected by his peers and his office staff. I think he is the best in the country for trauma cases. Would go to no one else but him.