Hematologists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Mid-Florida Hematology and Oncology Centers, PA
2100 W 1st St
Sanford, FL 32771
407-323-2250
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Will return again and again  |  show details
by Susan Emmick on Aug 1st, 2013

This doctor, specialist, is concerned, agreeable, kind, helpful and I could go on and on. If I hadn't had breast cancer and I had had knowledge of him I guess I would have made up something in able to be a patient of his. He is truly a wonderful person and I would recommend him to one and all.

|  Outstanding  |  show details
by Ronald Thow on May 23rd, 2013

I have found Dr. Ortega to be very thorough and unbelievably knowledgeable. And, he ALWAYS treats a patient with respect. Additionally he makes the time to thoroughly go over a patient's medical diagnosis and treatment plan. Others should take lessons from this gentleman.

|  Dr Ortega  |  show details
by Helen R on Feb 25th, 2013

We have dealt with Dr. Ortega for several years through the illness of my mother-in-law. We have always been extremely impressed with the kindness and compassion that Dr. Ortega has shown us. He always made an effort to involve the patient in conversations, while at the same time, keeping the family informed all without undue stress to the patient. I would highly recommend him.

|  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

I was gaven the incorrect Medicines at there practice Mid Florida. I will never go back there or recommened to anyone.

|  worst experience ever  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

I went to see Dr. Ortega, the whole office was a mess. I had to waitfor over 90 minutes to be taken back in a room, and when I fussed a little, I saw his PA who was the only one who bothered to take my history and do a physical exam. When Dr. Ortega finally showed up, he was rushed decided on a treatment plan for me without discussing any options. He suggested i see my Gyn to harvest my Ova if I wanted to have more babies after chemo, and walked out of the room without waiting for me to ask any questions. When i mentioned to the nurse that I still had some questions for him, he sent in the PA 15 minutes later. As I wasleaving the office I ad to ask the receptionist to provide me with a schedule or some form of information packet for the treatment plan, his MA was chatting with her and said " OhI forgot, I was about t get that for you", before she finally got to do her job. i am never going back there again, and have asked my surgeon torefer me else where. I am a physician myself andcan't believe that there are doctors out there who would treat their patients in such a nonchalant matter especially when they have cancer!

|  Absolutely positive experience!  |  show details
by Barbara Piazza LPN retired on Jul 26th, 2010

Overall, a very caring, competent and patient doctor, he's a bit hard to get an appointment with, although its not hard to get in to see one of his associates at all. I love him and his staff, and although I am not his patient, (my mother is) I marvel at the way the patients are treated, as friends, and familiarity, not as strangers, and the mood is always upbeat and positive in the office. Its so obvious they care about the individual patients as people, not diseases. I just can't say enough good stuff about them!

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 30th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

My Husband had Lung Cancer 8 years ago and Dr. Ortega gave me the best treatment to help him make it through the whole time of intense thera...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com