Dr. Gregory Nicholson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 7 reviews

July 4th, 2016
Brand New Shoulder
I had a total shoulder replacement surgery on my right shoulder last December. The surgery went fine and I was released the next morning from the hospital. The recovery went just as Dr. Nicholson described and at 3 months from the surgery date I was out playing golf again, my favorite recreational activity. Dr. Nicholson was wonderful throughout this process. He was patient, listened to what you had to say, and spent the time you needed to answer your questions. I now need to have the left shoulder done (arthritis) and as soon as the golf season ends I plan to have Dr. Nicholson do the left shoulder. Excellent surgeon.

August 4th, 2015
Shoulder surgeon
I had to have a reconstuructive shoulder surgery on my left shoulder. I am a very active individual and my job requires me to be highly physical. Dr. Nicholson was able to get me back up and running and had my shoulder in great working order. Five months post surgery and I am almost back to my full physical abilities that I was at before my accident and subsequent surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Nicholson for shoulder work.

March 23rd, 2015
Great 'baseball' doctor
He is so knowledgeable about baseball and the mechanics of my son's throwing arm. He really wanted to work with us to get my son back to playing. He was very realistic about the importance of rest. Great attitude, demeanor and information.

June 27th, 2012
Poor Staffing
Waited an hour and half, new patient.Got there early told to take a seat,had to finally go ask for paperworkto fill out. Then waited half hour past myappointment and then left when told there was another one a head of me. Two patients went in ahead of me who got there after me.Would have had to have xrays, while didn't they do that.Doctors want to be paid how can we pay them if we don't work because of their not keeping appointment.

February 10th, 2012
Find another doctor
Dr. Nicholson barely showed any interest in my case or explaining it to me while I was still confused about my diagnosis. I talked to him all but five minutes before he put me into surgery. His allegations that the surgery would fix the problem was filled with overexaggeration and lies. It's been six months now and I still feel as worse as I did before. I've tried to express my frustrations as a patient and he basically walked out on me several times while I was talking to him. It seems to me that Nicholson cares more about monetary rewards and high profile clients then he does about the health of a patient. If your not in the MLB or NBA do not go here because you will not be given the care you need.

July 9th, 2010
Never had pre operative or post operative x rays for a surgical procedure that was never coded in the insurance manuals
There is not anyone that answers the phones at Oak Park Hospital. Does this man still see patients and or do surgery at Oak Park Hospital?

April 18th, 2009
One of the best in his field...
A wonderful physician. highly recommend Dr. Nicholson.