Dr. Gregory Porter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Porter?

Home Allergies

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Porter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 6th, 2016

This was a waste of time seeing this doctor -

Having ear pain for a couple weeks and my Primary Care said I needed to see an ENT after he could do all he could as a Primary doctor. My Primary had put me on Prednisone in an attempt to relieve the fullness in my ears. Once he determined I was not getting better after a couple of weeks, he told me I needed to see an ENT. It is hard to get into an ENT and was able to see Dr Porter a week after making the appointment. Some of the others were 6 weeks plus out, so I thought I could wait it out a week. If I knew what I knew after the visit, I would have just gone to the emergency room. This ENT looked at my ears and said nothing was wrong. Since My Primary Care had just looked at my ears a couple days before, I was in shock when he said he did not see anything. I had waited an hour to see him and have been experiencing vertigo, was extremely nauseated and had to hold my head as my ears hurt. But, sitting in the waiting room, I thought I can wait it out as I was at the ENT and he would resolve this issue shortly! Well, I am still in shock, I left in the same pain, but it only got worse, plus I was crying as I left, as I could not believe he literally looked in my ears, said nothing was wrong, would refer me to another ENT and left the room. That all happened in less than 10 minutes and that was the extent of my visit. I kept thinking does this guy not believe me? Is there some other possible cause of this....something? But it was a very cold experience and I actually wondered if I was dreaming this bad experience. When he said he would refer me to an ENT (I thought he was an ENT) that was over 3 weeks ago---- I never heard back, did not receive any care, no calls and the charge was $345! (Less than 10 min) He had no bedside manner and no empathy for the pain I was in. I even considered leaving to go to an emergency room, but I was so sick I just wanted to get home. I asked his assistant if that was it as I was leaving (still in shock that he had no discussion on what might be wrong) and she said she would be faxing the paperwork for referral. Also, due to the time of day it put me in traffic for another 45 min and I was very happy to just be home and go to bed. It was like a very bad dream. I thought doctors were supposed to help, but I left feeling worse due to his attitude. I learned later that in part, I was having migraines (If he had examined me he should have figured that out ) and after waiting 3 weeks I am getting into an ENT that I found on my own as I am still having ear pain. Look forward to getting treatment and moving on. While I never write reviews, I find myself still carrying the shock of this doctors attitude as I am still in pain and do not want anyone else to go through what I did. I see end in sight with a new ENT tomorrow... Seeing this doctor was a huge waste of time. If you are having ear issues and there is a wait time to see another ENT, wait to see another ENT or go to the emergency room or Urgent Care!

March 29th, 2016

A Painful and Humiliating Experience.

I had lumbar injections by Dr. Porter to treat chronic back pain and sciata. He explained his plan in detail. He would 2 sets of shots and observe the results. That would tell him where the problems are and then he would make another plan for longer term treatment. After the first set of shots, I called his office and told them their level of sedation was inadequate and I was disappointed with the experience. He called me back and complained that I had not mention I suffered from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I pointed out that not only did we verbally make it known to him and his staff, but it was on my patient history form as well. Somehow he found out that I am autistic - through something I mentioned to one of his staff. He tried to use that to create a false scenario where he was the victim because I hadn't told him about being on the spectrum. I pointed out that my autism was irrelevant and I often choose not to tell people because of the stigma. When his assistant called back to set up the appointment for the second set of injections, he got on the line and basically repeated the same conversation, raising his voice, talking over me and generally being extremely rude and cavalier. I could not get a work in edgewise. He kept talking about the sedation and that he didn't even have to give me any if he chose not to. I said I didn't care about the sedation that much. At that point it was all about be bullied, yelled at, and obviously aware of my autism, he knew he could raise his voice and talk over me. WHen he was finally done with his 5 minute Donald Trump-like tirade he said I should go find another doctor, that there was nothing more he could do for me. I wonder why he had set up a second round of injections then suddenly decided, at the peak of his anger, that he wouldn't treat me any more. I think what he was trying to do was make it look like I was trying to get him to give me more sedation than he normally does. My only reason for complaining in the first place was that it was obvious he didn't read my patient history about my serious issues with GAD - which he was extremely dismissive about. He even tried telling me that 90% of his patients suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I doubt very much of that is true. I ended up telling that I believed he was denying me treatment because of my disabilities - I've lived with the stigma of being autistic and suffering from mental illness all my life and I think I know a bigot when I encounter one. I wouldn't not recommend this doctor to anyone. He is cavalier, self-centered and cares not for his patients comfort at all - nor will he care what sort of disability you may have. I'm just sorry I wasn't able to record his conversation. It was shocking and bizarre.

April 23rd, 2016