Dr. Gregory Rennirt MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Louisville, KY

3.9

December 23rd, 2016
BEST ORTHO I KNOW!!!
As an RN I can say he is the best! I have worked with him, he also did my 1st knee surgery in 2000 after a bad fall. Another Dr did it first and it got worse! A few months later he fixed it! It has been over 16 years and other than cortisone occasionally for flare ups, no problems! I had a disease in my knees as a teen, resulting in chronic issues. I follow him wherever he has been! With the other knee, again another Dr operated first, due to ins problems, it never got better. I waited until his office took my ins, he operated and gave me back my independence! He operated on my shoulder and my husbands with stellar results!! I just had another scope on the 2nd knee this week, he removed a loose body the size of a grape! It is coming apart and will need to be replaced. He gave me the CHOICE of going to a Dr who does replacements. I asked him to scope it again to hopefully buy me some time, I already feel he has done that!! I have moved over 2 hours away fom his office now, but will continue to go to him for any issues he can address! His bedside manner is wonderful, answers any questions, always available! His staff is great! Never a question about who I would recommend to anyone!!!

January 16th, 2016
Terrible doctor.

September 20th, 2013
Another Meniscus Horror story
He operated on me 2 years ago for a torn meniscus in my knee....he said no therapy needed blah,blah,blah. I went back often over two years with terrible pain. I KNOW my own body. Something wasn't right. He said it is what it is. Just had same same surgery done AGAIN by another surgeon. Feels better than it has for two years. The disk was still torn! I now have meet 3 people he has operated on for this and they had to get it done also.

August 21st, 2013
Meniscus Horror Story!
His post op advice of no pt needed was bad advice. Rennirt said I did not need physical therapy but could stretch on my own. Four days after surgery on follow up he said go home and do a stretch he recommend with no other specific exercise. When I did this stretch it locked up my hamstrings. I called his office and they said give it a few days such a sensation was normal. The fell of a large rubber band snapping in the back of your leg behind your knee is not normal. I waited few days and called to go back and he had left on vacation. I took my self to PT as I knew something was wrong. On one a PT could figure out what to do to get the hamstrings unlocked. He did not listen to my symptoms or help me and I walked around in this condition for over 2 months which resulted in a 2nd knee surgery on my other knee my a competent physician who listens. Maybe his surgery was great but his advice has caused me complications too many to list and a right leg with muscle issues for almost a year. I would not recommend him to anyone. I did get my hamstrings unlocked by myo facia release and the muscles back on track with many months of this therapy. I would not ever recommend Greg Rennirt!

October 23rd, 2012
He did both my rotator cuff operations,and in my opinion, he is the Best.He listens and does not jump to do surgery until he has exhaused all treatments needed to fix the problem.

February 4th, 2011
best shoulder man around
Fixed both of mine and extremely well!Very thorough with you as a patient, answers questions does not do what isn't needed

February 6th, 2010
Great doctor.. Helped make my knee better than it was before.. fast recop

October 9th, 2008
My experience
Dr. Rennirt could not find to cause of my pain in the knee. I have been to his office five times and recieved an mri and an arthrogram and they still did not find the problem. I am currently looking for another doctor to find the cause of my pain.