Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Dont let this guy fleece you.  |  show details
by k on Oct 27th, 2014

I had to wait over 45 minutes for my appointment and then sat in the exam room for another 20 waiting for Dr. Allen. Then when the results came in it took talking to 4 different people before someone could explain the results. What was supposed to be a free visit got a huge bill for an unnecessary test that was not properly explained. The staff seemed incompetent and the doctor spent most of his time trying to sell his vitamins instead of explaining the medical tests. I would steer clear of him.

|  show details
Aug 24th, 2014

Too long waits, one visit was 2 hrs. 45 min. LATE!!!, doesn't follow up on test results. Too eager to push HIS supplements. Not very up to date on other newer surgery procedures. Too much talk about HIM and how great he looks. Muscle bound person. Not realistic about ones acceptance of age/physical activity and muscle building. I will not be returning to his practice. Waste of time and gas. and money.

|  HIPAA  |  show details
by Correction on Aug 16th, 2014

To correct my comment below. HIPAA.

|  Medical Records/HIPPA Pro  |  show details
by Heather Dodge on Aug 15th, 2014

The office manager and staff need to be educated on what HIPPA means, and what it is meant to protect. I hope Dr. Allen sees this rating so he can quiz the staff and find out for himself that his staff is unaware of patients rights and their loved ones rights. Oh, and when you walk-in to the office, be sure not to get scammed on all the "natural" supplements that are behind the front desk! I thought I was at a Med Spa AND NOT a true doctors office. I would stay clear.

|  INSURANCE REFERRALS  |  show details
by WILLIAM BUSHELMAN on Jan 21st, 2014

THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS OFFICE (BONNIE IS ONE) WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHICH INSURANCE REQUIRES REFERRALS AND THEREFORE SHE GIVES BAD INFO TO PATIENTS. IF A PERSON IS NOT UP TO SPEED ON THE RULES THEN THEY NOT GIVE OUT INFORMATION, IT COST PATIENTS TIME AND MONEY.

|  Good Doctor, Bad Policies/Desk Staff  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2013

I will never return! Rude staff in billing office. Was quoted 120.00 for visit and ended up with a bill for an additional 70.00. I don't have insurance and asked what the rate would be and paid it upon visit. Little did I know that in the paperwork given to me to fill out on my visit, I signed a note that this was just an "estimate" and the doctor could charge more at his discretion. I assumed the additional charge was for blood work, etc. Dr. obviously in a hurry. Refilled my scripts, wanted me to buy supplements he sells. If you go to this dr. and are paying cash, be very sure of all the fees that might be coming. Nursing staff is kind. But, because of the problems and inconsistencies with the misleading billing office, I will NEVER return.

|  Awful Experience!  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2012

Plan on waiting in the waiting room for 1 hour or more. This office doesn't answer their phone , ever. The office staff is not professional and very rude.I will never go back!!!

|  AWESOME DR.  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

Dr. Allen is very kind and caring. The wait time is long but he is worth the wait. I would refer him to anyone who wants a great Dr.