Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Great doctior show details Great doctior
Aug 13th, 2016

Dr Allen is knowledgeable, courteous, and has a wonderful bedside manner. The only reason I didn't give five stars relates to follow up by his office.

Jul 12th, 2016

Waiting over 30 minutes after appointment time is frustrating, then to only see the doctor for 5 minutes. Staff is ok, some seem poorly trained. Need to look for a better doctor.

by mesarose on Jul 8th, 2016

Very happy to be referred to him, his recommendations make sense, he listened to me.

by Scott Sandberg on May 3rd, 2016

Very happy with his associate doctors. I only saw Dr Allen once, but his diagnosis was right what I needed. His staff helps me maintain my health.

Nov 20th, 2015

Dr. Allen is a very caring and an experienced doctor. He has helped me and still helping me to take care of my health, weight and diabetes. He teaches you how to eat the correct way. Very knowledgeable and to the point. My only negative point would be the business manager needs to train the staff to give the most accurate information about blood draw time and give the patient his/ her lab result in a timely manner. Dr. Allen do not change a thing about yourself.

by Deborah Outman on Sep 14th, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Allen for 10 yrs. No regrets ever, very caring person makes you feel special.

Jul 13th, 2015

Professional friendly knowledgeable

great doctor and fast lobby show details great doctor and fast lobby
by jessica on Apr 20th, 2015

They were very prompt in getting me in as it have severe anxiety. Also everyone was very respectful.

Do Not Go Here! show details Do Not Go Here!
Feb 17th, 2015

Staff was unbelievably rude and unprofessional. I ended up meeting with the Nurse Practitioner (not a negative per se) that spent 10 minutes on the computer and 30 seconds actual talking / diagnosing me. I didn't even know I was receiving a prescription until I was being checked out! Communication was horrible. Never going back.

Jan 9th, 2015

Find a different doctor.

Our lovable Doctor show details Our lovable Doctor
by Ernie Hahn on Jan 8th, 2015

One of the finest and gentlest doctors we've ever had in our lifetime. It was a stroke of luck when we got him as our doctor and we stayed with him the past eight years or so. My wife and I have been married for over 50 years and never had a doctor like him. I have referred many of our deaf friends in this area to Dr. Allen's office and they all agreed with me that he is just perfect for us. He is compassionate, gentle and friendly. He even is learning some basic sign languages which tells us something, that he is concerned in helping other deaf people, some of whom cannot lipread at all. Dr. Allen will take the time to correspond via paper and pencil method if it need be. I don't see much of that with other doctors. We have had some doctors in the past who were surprised when he/she learned that we are deaf and I can read their facial and body language that he/she was not comfortable with it. We just scratch his/her name off from our list and don't see them anymore! I have read reviews from other patients and many of them were complaining about the long wait in the waiting room or in the exam room to see the doctor. I tell you what . . . he's not the only one who has this problem. Many of our previous doctors had the same problems. It is unavoidable as many things pops up in the midst of his work if some patients were really sick or hurting, there goes his schedules! We learned to live with it. We will even wait for a few hours just to see him and have him help us with our health problems. We got to ignore the negativity and be happy to know that Dr. Allen is willing to help us in any way he can to the best of his ability!

by Craig on Jan 8th, 2015

Wonderful experience. Best doctor I have met. Very caring.

Dont let this guy fleece you. show details Dont let this guy fleece you.
by k on Oct 27th, 2014

I had to wait over 45 minutes for my appointment and then sat in the exam room for another 20 waiting for Dr. Allen. Then when the results came in it took talking to 4 different people before someone could explain the results. What was supposed to be a free visit got a huge bill for an unnecessary test that was not properly explained. The staff seemed incompetent and the doctor spent most of his time trying to sell his vitamins instead of explaining the medical tests. I would steer clear of him.

Aug 24th, 2014

Too long waits, one visit was 2 hrs. 45 min. LATE!!!, doesn't follow up on test results. Too eager to push HIS supplements. Not very up to date on other newer surgery procedures. Too much talk about HIM and how great he looks. Muscle bound person. Not realistic about ones acceptance of age/physical activity and muscle building. I will not be returning to his practice. Waste of time and gas. and money.

INSURANCE REFERRALS show details INSURANCE REFERRALS
by WILLIAM BUSHELMAN on Jan 21st, 2014

THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS OFFICE (BONNIE IS ONE) WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHICH INSURANCE REQUIRES REFERRALS AND THEREFORE SHE GIVES BAD INFO TO PATIENTS. IF A PERSON IS NOT UP TO SPEED ON THE RULES THEN THEY NOT GIVE OUT INFORMATION, IT COST PATIENTS TIME AND MONEY.

Good Doctor, Bad Policies/Desk Staff show details Good Doctor, Bad Policies/Desk Staff
Sep 12th, 2013

I will never return! Rude staff in billing office. Was quoted 120.00 for visit and ended up with a bill for an additional 70.00. I don't have insurance and asked what the rate would be and paid it upon visit. Little did I know that in the paperwork given to me to fill out on my visit, I signed a note that this was just an "estimate" and the doctor could charge more at his discretion. I assumed the additional charge was for blood work, etc. Dr. obviously in a hurry. Refilled my scripts, wanted me to buy supplements he sells. If you go to this dr. and are paying cash, be very sure of all the fees that might be coming. Nursing staff is kind. But, because of the problems and inconsistencies with the misleading billing office, I will NEVER return.

Awful Experience! show details Awful Experience!
Nov 25th, 2012

Plan on waiting in the waiting room for 1 hour or more. This office doesn't answer their phone , ever. The office staff is not professional and very rude.I will never go back!!!

AWESOME DR. show details AWESOME DR.
Sep 27th, 2012

Dr. Allen is very kind and caring. The wait time is long but he is worth the wait. I would refer him to anyone who wants a great Dr.