Dr. Gregory Savage MD Patient Reviews

4.8
  • 2 reviews

October 3rd, 2012
Dr. Savage was my doctor since he started his practice, which I'm guessing is at least 30 years ago. I love Dr. Savage, he was always professional, kind and caring. His staff, however, is beyond belief. I remarried several years ago and asked if my new husband could be accepted as a new patient. I was rudely told that no new patients were being accepted. After trying several different times over the course of five years, I finally gave up and transferred my medical records to a new doctor who would see both of us. Last week I saw a billboard for the office advertising new patients, so I called yesterday and after being put on hold multiple times, and questioned as to what insurance we had, was told it would be no problem for my husband to be welcomed as a new patient, but that I couldn't unless personally approved by Dr. Savage. I just hung up.

June 23rd, 2011
Savage was my family doctor for roughly 20 years, from when I was a child until recently. The receptionists here are incredibly rude, and have been for as long as I can remember. It's almost as though they go out of their way to find surly people to deal with patients.I was misdiagnosed as having "finger herpes" and was taking herpes medication for weeks with no results (I was obviously mortified), only to later find that my skin was just simply irritated by a dermatologist. The lab results came back inconclusive, and I was never alerted... I had to call and ask weeks later, and was promised that I would not be responsible for the bill/lab fees on this particular experience. I tried to make an appointment the next year and was advised (rudely) that I will be called back later. I was never called. The next day, I called back and was told (ruuudely) that I'm in collections, though I had insurance and was told that this would be handled. Note: before she even looked up my account, she sounded angry with me for calling back to check on why I wasn't called.My husband made a new appointment - after that experience I still suggested Savage because the doctors and nurses, in my experience, have been friendly - the wait time was 5 weeks. He unfortunately overslept, but tried to reschedule. The receptionist said, obviously in the worst possible tone "NOPE. New patients who miss their appointments can't come here." Once again, bad news given with the ultimate rudeness. She also told him that she left us a voicemail (which we couldn't find). Yes, it's his fault for oversleeping, but this is really the worst customer service ever.Oh well. Other than the one misdiagnosis - Savage himself is a good doctor, but I can move on. We just can't deal with all the miscommunication and bad attitude from the front desk.