Dr. Gregory Schmeling MD Patient Reviews

• Trauma Surgery Milwaukee, WI

3.4

August 16th, 2016
Staff very rude - especially nurses and PA - Doctor would not take the time to talk to me personally even though I am a fellow healthcare provider

December 19th, 2013
Calcaneal Fracture
I suffered a fractured calcaneal bone. Dr. Schmeling was very matter of fact about the injury and prognosis. I asked if I would be able to run again and he told me the odds were very slim if I had corrective surgery and zero if I did not. All I can say is he is a very gifted surgeon because less than 4 months after surgery I am running on a treadmill and will compete in a 5k before the end of the month. I followed his instructions to a tee and can say the results have exceeded my wildest expectations.

May 12th, 2013
Lower leg amputation
Full of himself, obnoxious, acts like he doesn't care. lack of in depth visual examination, denied nerve pain medication and would rather have patient suffer, needs aggressive communication to rehab dept.for prompt therapy to receive prosthetic , does not listen and tells patient how they feel after traumatic experience, refused MRI of injured remaining leg, does not finish the job. Impossible to contact regarding serious concerns/questions. More interested in having students trip over him. Froedtert in general is a nightmare.

May 9th, 2013
Read this
Does not listen to patient. Made snide mean jokes about never being able to model shoes after this. Almost lost leg due to lack of listening about pain level , gangrene had set in where skin not viable enough to accept plates put in.

October 6th, 2011
My daughter broke her leg and was treated by Dr Schmeling. He was very detailed in the procedure information and very caring. He tried his best to get her up and walking for her graduation a few weeks later. His staff was also wonderful. If you have to have something like this happen, Dr Schmeling and his team are the right choice to "fix" the problem.

December 6th, 2010
Dr. Schmeling loves himself a lot
Dr. Schmeling doesn't care what you think or feel because he's knows he's great and knows more than the both of you combined so no reason to listen to you or consider your feelings or concerns. It's impossible to tell if he has any good qualities as a doctor b/c he only talks about what is interesting to him and not what you are concerned about. I guess if you like someone else to tell you what to think and do, he's the doctor for you!

December 8th, 2009
Workers Comp Injury
After repeatedly telling Dr. Schmeling that my knee was not feeling right he refused to order an MRI telling me he could tell by feeling and the x-ray that my knee is okay and didn't need surgery. When I sought another opinion I found out I have a torn ACL and do need surgery.