Dr. Gregory Schwab MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery La Mesa, CA

2.3

July 8th, 2013
Not a good experience
I had this M.D. initially address my knee injury back in 1989. I have had so many knee surgeries since then I cannot remember if he operated or just sent me to his Physical Therapy office. What I do recall is an incorrect evaluation of my injury which I am sure worsened the original problem. I am absolutely perplexed as to how I found this doctor originally but it was an absolute learning experience as to what to look for when finding a orthopedic specialists.

August 14th, 2012
surgery gave me worse problems
Dr. operated on me several years ago, but now I need a second surgery because he botched that one. Spent way too much time at his wife's physical therapy clinic down the hall. I think it's a scam they have going. Probably has a vacation home and new Lexus to pay off. Stay away.

April 26th, 2012
Great doctor
He is very attentive and a fantastic surgeon. Conventional, never pushes surgery. Also, a great guy.

May 16th, 2011
Does not listen to you
Dr. Schwab does not ask any questions or listen to you hardly at all. He is also the most conservative doctor that you will ever come across. He thinks the solution for any problem is to funnel you into his wife's physical therapy business on the same floor. I would NOT recommend this Doctor.

May 13th, 2011
My experience with this doctor was very uncomfortable, aggravating, and a waste of precious time for my injury. He didn't listen and considers himself a know it all, in the end I saw him for a few months and he wanted to send me back to work with my injury. I got another doctor and found out my injury was way worse then Schwab had diagnosed. Again he didn't listen to what I had to say due to this I've had to go through so much more because my injury began to heal wrong. If you are seeing this doctor...get a new one. Oh and just in case he thinks he also never saw me like the other bad review. I'm speaking about Gregory H Schwab MD the only one in San Diego. I'd be happy to post your lic number is your need me to.

March 8th, 2011
Dr Schwab spent a lot of time with me, and did a nice job of explaining my condition and treatment options

June 3rd, 2010
Excellent Results
My experience with Dr. Schwab was overwhelmingly positive. My sports injury to my shoulder is completely healed and I'm back to almost full strength. No complaints here.

March 19th, 2010
The worst medical attention I've ever had
My experience with this doctor was awful. He acted in a very mean way towards me. I wouldn't recommend him at all. I had to have another therapy after he treated me mediaclly wrongly.
Doctor's Response

As I've never seen you as a patient, you must be describing another physician. we would be happy to see you as a new patient, so that you might have a better health care experience. G H Schwab MD