Dr. Gregory Shankman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.7

September 26th, 2016
The worst
Instead of focusing on the appointment and the health of the patient he focuses on the fact that the patient need an interpreter for the appointment. Instead of helping the patient he gets angry about the fact that she doesn't know English. He deliberately puts the patient down about this. Without any care in the world he goes to such measures to make the patient know how dumb he or she is because of this fact. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone. Such a shame.

September 22nd, 2016
IME
He knowingly falsified the records he sent to my workers compensation insurance so I wouldn't get paid. And now I can't seem to get ahold of him to ask him what happened or that he fixes it. Called his office and his practice is located in New Jersey. Better believe I'm fighting this to the death, lawyers are looking into my case right now.

February 28th, 2016
Lies!!!!!
This guy should have his license taken away...writes a report saying I can work after 2 surgeries on my neck...my doctor has me at 100 disabled and this guys says no 50%. Report says he used some tools that I never heard of and that some woman was in the room. It was just me and him and it was a 5 minute appt. Lies lies lies. He should be ashamed. I am a single mom who cant even lift my son.

February 8th, 2016
Crook--should not be allowed to be a DR.... LIES

August 5th, 2015
This doctor is a quack that is paid by insurance companies to do independent exams where he insufficiently examines patients. He barely touches you and asks if it hurts then reports that no further treatments are needed. Shame on this doctor for being a fraud. I am filing a complaint against him.

June 10th, 2015
license should be revoked
This person is in the pocket of insurance companies. Operates exams with total disregard to the patient but to his wallet. Exam was 2 minutes max. His report concluded there was nothing wrong with me. What a joke this guy is. As I left he says God bless. Hes going to need a miracle when he meets his maker. There should be a 0 star rating as well. Whoever sees this guy, I wish you the best

May 5th, 2015
Contradictory opinions
I saw this doctor twice he gave me two totally disabled slips for workers comp , then he testifies that I am only 30% disabled what a joke. I then I find out he is an IME doctor so he works for the insurance co as well so is he taking care of me , or the insurance co. It should be against the law for an IME doc to see comp patients big conflict if interest.

July 23rd, 2013
workers comp
I have been out of work for six months getting poked and probed by three surgeons and pain management professionals, who are trying all options before surgery to relieve my back pain. Two surgeons are recommending fusions of the discs, so comp sends me to this guy for a IME exam. I show up for my 1 pm appointment and was evaluated for 5 minutes and get a report which disagrees with all of the other Doctors. When doing the exam he didn't even touch me with the reflex tool and didn't let me answer any question during the exam.

February 9th, 2013
Registered Nurse
This doctor does NOT assess you properly before making his findings. When checking reflexes he swung the hammer in the general direction of my knee, did not make contact and stated clearly in documentation that reflexes were normal. Asks questions very fast without giving patient time to answer! Spent less that 5 minutes with patient! Unbelievable that this doctor can make assumptions without actually physically assessing!!! Should not be allowed to practice medicine!! Definitely works for the insurance companies... A disgrace to the medical field!!!!

June 13th, 2012
He is a complete joke does not even read medical reports or mri when he makes his findings, said all cds which is what you get now are nothing but full of virus and will not even put them in his computer so how can he tell you what is wrong without a mri. NEEDS TO THINK ABOUT PEOPLE AND NOT THE MONEY FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY THAT PAYS HIM !!!!!!

January 25th, 2012
This doctor is a joke. He definitely is "working" for the insurance companies. He will not let you complete a full sentence when he asks a question. touches you as "soft as a feather" and asks you if you have pain. Lies in his reports to the insurance company. Rapidly asks questions in order to make the patient upset and confused. He should be sued and his license taken away.

May 24th, 2011
What a joke, he needs to retire.
I don't know how he could tell anything. As he examined me,(to test my strength) he barely touched me and said I wouldn't lift my foot when I couldn't lift my foot. I felt he was just going through the motions as he did an obligatory evaluation. His exam was incomplete. Even the patient ahead of me came out of the exam room rolling her eyes and shaking her head.