Dr. Gregory Shannon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 6th, 2015
Great Doc!
This was one of the most personable docs I have seen in a long time. He listened very attentively and helped me with a problem that I had suffered with for years. Me and my husband moved here from L.A. and we're referred to Dr. Shannon. Within a week we had a diagnosis and treatment has gone exceedingly well! After seeing several docs in California who had diagnosed me wrong I am so happy now to be with Dr. Shannon!

October 31st, 2014
Dr. Shannon is a great doctor. However, his scheduling staff and front desk administration are professional yet incompetent. As an existing patient, when I suffer from symptons of an illness doctor is treating me for I should not have to wait 1 month to see him. This has happended to me several times this year. Moving on to a new doctor.

September 26th, 2014
Great Doc!
I've seen 3 GI docs in the last 12 years and this physician is one of the best bar-none! He listens!!! And is very compassionate! His staff was also great!!! I waited 20 minutes beyond my appointment time before I was seen but it was really worth every minute! Love this doc!

April 9th, 2014
Horrible Customer Service
Dr. Shannon may be a good doctor but I would not know since I was referred to him but was told for weeks that he was still checking my charts to see if he could accept an appointment from me. Week after week. The staff would say he still needs to review or that he is at the other location with zero follow up and would simply tell me to call back. Customer service keeps a business or a practice alive. Very disappointed.

October 7th, 2013
Routine colonoscopy. Apathetic staff. They do not return calls or answer their phone. I was seen an hour and 15 minutes after my appt. time for my initial consult. No follow up by Dr. Shannon or anyone on his staff after procedure.

May 21st, 2013
Great Doctor!
Dr. Shannon is a great doctor! He takes time with his patients which is rare in this age of managed care. I was given the feeling that he really cared about me and my illness, which is also rare. I would highly recommend him!

March 19th, 2013
He is an awesome doctor who truly cares about his patient's well being. I have recommended him to others. He is the best, very knowledgeable and a true professional.

October 30th, 2012
Great Doctor, lousy office staff
Left a message on the voice machine to return a call, never happen. Called his office was placed on hold for 20 mins.

October 17th, 2012
Dr. Shannon is wonderful. Very polite and really good bedside manners. He takes time with his patients and will find out the diagnoses. I have never seen him rude or uncaring to his staff or anyone. Dr. Shannon and his staff make you feel at home and does everything to make you feel comfortable. The entire staff is very friendly. I couldn't have been sent to a better gastro and I would recommend him to anyone.RP

May 3rd, 2012
Awsome Doctor
Dr. Shannon has excellent bed side manners. He listened and didn't rush me as I was telling him the symptoms of my illness. The staff is wonderful and personable. I felt right at home and comfortable with all of them. He followed up with me after my procedure and was able to diagnose my problem. You rock Dr. S.

March 12th, 2012
Patient since 2008
It is rare in our busy day in age to come across people who want to impact positive change in people's lives, and that most definitely describes Dr. Shannon. After being sick with a pancreatic disorder since 2004 it took me way too long, and too many doctors who didn't seem to care, to find Dr. Shannon. My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Shannon after on of my many hospitalization of pancreatitis that had no resolve and again seeing doctors that had basically thrown their hands in the air for a diagnoses. I had faith by the end of my first appointment with him that he was going to help me find a resolve to my disorder. Not only did he know the diagnosis but worked with my illness since 2008. He has changed my life. I know that because of his relentless care and obligation that I am on my way to recovery. It takes a special person to deal with grave subject matters such as another human's health.. I feel truly blessed to have found this wonderful doctor. He is one medical professional who has not lost touch with the human element and I would recommend him to anyone. He has changed my life and I will always be so thankful for his dedication to me as a patient. He is the best!

September 26th, 2011
Amazing doc!
I was blown away by Dr Shannon. He is knowledgeable, takes time with you, follows through, and above all listens. He also takes action to chase down the underlying problem with the appropriate tests. He treats you like a human being. He is the best doctor I've ever been to.