Dr. Gregory Starks MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 12th, 2016
Wonderful
I have been struggling with getting pregnant and other issues for awhile now and have been seeing different doctors about it. I read reviews on Dr. Starks and decided to go visit. I am so happy I made the choice to go see him. Not only was amazing the whole staff was sweet and helpful. Dr. Stark sat and talked with me and explained everything he never rushed me or made me feel like there wasn't time to discuss issues I had. Dr. Stark has been so wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone.

March 12th, 2016
Top notch doctor
I have been a patient with Dr. Starks for over 8 years. With every visit I am quickly reminded of why I adore him. Dr. Starks is an amazing specialist and has a fantastic bedside manner. He takes his time to really focus on me as a patient and has never made me feel rushed. His ability to explain complex medical issues and terminology is wonderful. He is warm, kind, reassuring and makes me feel both comfortable and well cared for. His staff is kind and my experiences with them have always been positive. I have recommended Dr. Starks to friends and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone seeking an amazing Doctor.

February 22nd, 2016
I really like going to this Hospital they really get me.

February 5th, 2016
Amazing Dr!!!!

November 3rd, 2015
Best Doctor and Staff
I honestly can not say enough great things about Dr. Starks and his staff! When we first started to see Starks, my husband and I had been trying to conceive for a very long 4 years. I'll never forget the first time I sat down with him and told him what my symptoms seemed to be, he knew right away that I had endometriosis (stage 4). A few months following, I had 2 laparoscopic surgeries to repair the damage that had been done. Then gave it a few months of trying on our own, still didn't work. So long story short and after 2 IUI's that didn't work, we ended up moving onto IVF. I can only truly thank Dr Starks and his incredible staff for getting everything just right with our procedure because something that I never thought would happen, we were able to see a positive result and know that we had finally made it!! Starks and his staff are incredible, they help to walk you through everything step by step and they also make the terminology understandable. I would most definitely recommend them to anyone who's going through what we have went through. Because without them, I honestly don't think we would have the little miracle that we do!!

October 8th, 2015
My husband and I are so thankful for Dr. Starks and his team.

January 29th, 2015
Dr. Starks has made it possible for us to complete our family!! Excellent knowledge and care.

December 28th, 2014
Great Doc! Bad Nurse
Everything was great but Dr. Starks nurse is not nice or courteous. Karen is the only saving grace besides Dr. Starks who is a great physician

July 16th, 2013
patient
I was diagnosed with endometriosis by my regular OB. I found Dr. Starks because within one month of my diagnosis one of my ovaries tripled in size. Even with the interventions (same each time). I was finding myself with Stage 4 endo every 6 months for 6 straight years. Now he will not operate because "causing adhesions" will cause worse pain than the debilitating pain I am in from the endo. He does nothing to regulate your pain but tell you to take OTC anti-inflammatory medicines. While, his nurses are amazing and when I began treatment, I got some relief, the disease has taken my life and I feel he is not the reproductive expert that can offer the best advice for endo.

April 4th, 2013
He was awesome, so knowledgeable !! I referred several friends and they all got pregnant after his Assistance!

June 11th, 2012
Depends on what you need/want...
If you can manage someone that doesn't hold your hand or explain much if anything to you and you're willing to take total control of your health and ask the right questions, Dr. Stark is a genius in his field - and will likely get you pregnant when others will just dabble... He knows his stuff, and is great at recognizing it right away and fixing it as soon as possible with his incredibly detailed intake paperwork.I had a lot of people indicate from the time I was very young that I had hormonal issues, but no one took the time to actually diagnose and do anything about it. Dr. Stark actually did. His staff & nurses are very good at explaining things if you think to ask the questions. If you're not one that researches things on your own, it's hard to make that jump to taking your own health in your own hands.As genius as he is however, the whole infertility journey is a tough long haul and he's not known for holding a patient's hand in any way shape or form. I felt like only a number, not a whole person. He has a protocol, and a process for each infertility issue - which are established and thankfully actually show a solid rate of success. However, if you can't handle taking your own health into your hands and managing the fact that you're a protocol and a number, visiting Dr. Stark is not likely a comfortable situation for you.If you've been to many others and not gotten pregnant, definately go check it out - but make sure you're very succinct about filling out his intake paperwork bcs that's the only chance you have to detail things. And make sure you have a LOT of questions handy for the original consult bcs you'll likely only see his staff thereafter. ;)Yes, we did get pregnant, but frankly I was irritated that while I saw much of his staff - I actually saw more of him *after* I got pregnant, than I did before I was pregnant.Would I go back to him in the future? Yes, definately, but knowing that "bedside manner" isn't his forte - ultimately, it's his knowledge and experience.

May 19th, 2012
fantastic IVF doctor
I didn't have to go through the sorrow of a doctor that was afraid to do what I needed to have a baby. Dr. Starks was up front about the need for IVF and ICSI in my case and now I have a beautiful 4 month old daughter! He has the best results in Missouri and Kansas and that is all I care about.