Dr. Gregory Stocks MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Houston, TX

February 7th, 2017
Doctor Gregory stocks is a wonderful surgeon
Dr. stocks did a complete hip replacement on me a couple years ago. I was in so much pain I could not get get up and down without severe pain. I had to use a walker before I had the surgery. The pain completely went away after surgery and I did not have any problems recuperating. I plan to have both knees replaced as soon as possible and I am confident he will do an excellent surgery.

June 9th, 2016
Beyond amazing in every way!

February 2nd, 2016
Takes the time and is viewed as the top 2 in Houston by multiple doctor friends

November 19th, 2015
Does not cover injectable for knees. Makes you get from drug store which insurance will not cover as it is ONLY covered if purchased and done at client.

November 4th, 2015
Total Hip Replacement ("mini-posterior")
Dr. Stocks replaced my hip on a Wednesday and I was home on Thursday. I was able to walk a mile (slowly & carefully) 2 days later. Today (2 weeks post-op) I'm absolutely amazed at how good I feel. Of course, I still have some discomfort and stiffness, (decreasing each day) but everything feels so much better than before surgery! Dr. Stocks is incredibly skilled. He's also caring, compassionate, and humble. His First Assist, Brandon Thompson, is great too. For me, it was quite helpful (and comforting) that I could email Brandon with any questions that I had both before & after surgery. Each time his responses were timely and complete. I will also say that my overall experience at Texas Orthopedic Hospital was outstanding. It took about a month to get an appointment with Dr. Stocks as a new patient. Then the earliest my surgery could be scheduled was about a month after that. And I have indeed spent some time sitting in the waiting room past my scheduled appointment times... but the bottom line is that it was worth the wait! It seems to me that if a doctor actually spends quality time with his/her patients, and addresses their questions and individual needs, it's inevitable that some appointments will run late. So why are we rating a surgeon's appointment waiting time in the same way that we rate the timeliness of pizza delivery or cable repair anyway?

August 6th, 2015
I am Totally Amazed by Dr Stocks and Brandon. They have a way of making you feel like you are the most important patient they have. Dr Stocks is A World Class Physician but yet is very humble. I cannot recommend them Any Higher!!!

March 2nd, 2015
Excellent doctor!

February 22nd, 2015
best doctor ever. I had a total hip replacement at 41 yrs of age. recovery was quick and he listened to me.

October 25th, 2014
Looking for a knee doctor as good as he is
Very patient and took time to explain all the pros and cons. My husband was back at work in 8 weeks at a very physical job. Highly recommends him to me.

December 1st, 2013
Ultimate Professional
I am 48 yrs old and had a right TKR due to severe arthritis caused by multiple sporting injuries in the past, Dr Stocks evaluated me, performed surgery within a matter of two weeks, people look at my incision and find it hard to believe I had a TKR, he is so professional and yet so humble, he continually reminded me he works with a great team. Amazing. Thanks for my great quality of life returning.

February 6th, 2013
Two AMAZING hip resurfacings
A quote from Wikipedia "The surgeon's level of experience with hip resurfacing is most important; therefore, the selection of the right surgeon is crucial for a successful outcome." Dr. Stocks is world class....he teaches other doctors how to do what he has done hundreds of times. You can review his 20 page resume online but I can attest, after two hip resurface procedures, that Dr. Stocks is phenomenal! Twice now I have gone from barely being able to walk and being in excruciating pain to walking normally and pain free in a VERY short time. It has been less than 3 weeks since my last procedure. 2 days after the surgery I was in less pain than before the op. In less than a week I stopped all pain meds. Two weeks out I was virtually pain free. Now, less than 3 weeks, I walked for a couple of hours around the mall with my wife and forgot all about having the surgery. Yesterday I mowed the lawn. The hardest part is remembering that I have to be careful not to bend too much; a precaution against injuring myself before I am completely healed. I will say without ANY reservation that Dr. Stocks has my complete confidence. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone who will listen. If any of my family or friends needs orthopedic care, it will be him doing it. Besides the success I have personally experienced, Dr. stocks is unusual in that he never gives you the feeling that he is in a hurry. He will fully explain everything, answer any questions, you can tell he really cares. I read a review that someone had to wait to see him. I know that is because he doesn't rush from patient to patient as so many do. And, he is a great guy. His response when I gave him my heartfelt thanks for fixing me up so well was that he feels blessed that he can help. In my opinion, anyone lucky enough to have him help them is blessed.

September 29th, 2010
Mark Silver
Coming up on one year since I had my hip resurfaced by Dr. Stocks. I could not be more pleased with my "new" hip or with the entire experience with Dr Stocks and the Fondren clinic. I went from literally, as hard as I tried, from not being able to walk without a limp and being in agonizing pain regardless of how many NSAIDs I took, to walking normally and pain free in just a short time.I just got in from my daily 4 mile walk and feel GREAT!If anyone is considering hip surgery, I would recommend Dr Stocks and Fondren. If my friends and family ever need this kind of surgery, I will make sure Dr Stocks does it.