Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Looking for a knee doctor as good as he is  |  show details
by Ray Pozzie, my husband did 2 years ago, total knee replacement on Oct 25th, 2014

Very patient and took time to explain all the pros and cons. My husband was back at work in 8 weeks at a very physical job. Highly recommends him to me.

|  Ultimate Professional  |  show details
by Westley Johnson on Dec 1st, 2013

I am 48 yrs old and had a right TKR due to severe arthritis caused by multiple sporting injuries in the past, Dr Stocks evaluated me, performed surgery within a matter of two weeks, people look at my incision and find it hard to believe I had a TKR, he is so professional and yet so humble, he continually reminded me he works with a great team. Amazing. Thanks for my great quality of life returning.

|  Two AMAZING hip resurfacings  |  show details
by Mark Silver on Feb 6th, 2013

A quote from Wikipedia "The surgeon's level of experience with hip resurfacing is most important; therefore, the selection of the right surgeon is crucial for a successful outcome." Dr. Stocks is world class....he teaches other doctors how to do what he has done hundreds of times. You can review his 20 page resume online but I can attest, after two hip resurface procedures, that Dr. Stocks is phenomenal! Twice now I have gone from barely being able to walk and being in excruciating pain to walking normally and pain free in a VERY short time. It has been less than 3 weeks since my last procedure. 2 days after the surgery I was in less pain than before the op. In less than a week I stopped all pain meds. Two weeks out I was virtually pain free. Now, less than 3 weeks, I walked for a couple of hours around the mall with my wife and forgot all about having the surgery. Yesterday I mowed the lawn. The hardest part is remembering that I have to be careful not to bend too much; a precaution against injuring myself before I am completely healed. I will say without ANY reservation that Dr. Stocks has my complete confidence. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone who will listen. If any of my family or friends needs orthopedic care, it will be him doing it. Besides the success I have personally experienced, Dr. stocks is unusual in that he never gives you the feeling that he is in a hurry. He will fully explain everything, answer any questions, you can tell he really cares. I read a review that someone had to wait to see him. I know that is because he doesn't rush from patient to patient as so many do. And, he is a great guy. His response when I gave him my heartfelt thanks for fixing me up so well was that he feels blessed that he can help. In my opinion, anyone lucky enough to have him help them is blessed.

|  Mark Silver  |  show details
by Mark Silver on Sep 29th, 2010

Coming up on one year since I had my hip resurfaced by Dr. Stocks. I could not be more pleased with my "new" hip or with the entire experience with Dr Stocks and the Fondren clinic. I went from literally, as hard as I tried, from not being able to walk without a limp and being in agonizing pain regardless of how many NSAIDs I took, to walking normally and pain free in just a short time.I just got in from my daily 4 mile walk and feel GREAT!If anyone is considering hip surgery, I would recommend Dr Stocks and Fondren. If my friends and family ever need this kind of surgery, I will make sure Dr Stocks does it.

|  He is the best!  |  show details
by Nancy Chriaa on May 26th, 2010

Dr. Stocks and hi staff, and the staff at Texas Ortheopedic Hospital are the best....I have had no problems with my two hip replacements and one knee replacement. I have always been treated with caring and respect by everyone involved. the offices and hospital have got to be the cleeanest I have ever seen. I can never say enough good about Dr. Stocks and Brandon and the rest of the staff. god bless them all.

|  Great doctor but...  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2009

At my 2 week check up after having knee surgery, I was made to wait in a very uncomfortable seating area for over an hour. Then I had to wait in the room for another 45 minutes. I was about to just leave when he finally got to me. I find this a bit unforgiveable as I was in quite a bit of pain because of this. However, the Doctor Stocks himself is wonderful and he did an amazing job. So I would go to him again but I would ask to to me made to wait so long!