Dr. Gregory Stocks MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 5th, 2017
Hip replacement surgery on both hips by Dr. Stocks
Fantastic bedside manner a doctor could have, especially a surgeon. Seemed knowledgeable about my case by spending time going over records before the appointment.

February 7th, 2017
Doctor Gregory stocks is a wonderful surgeon
Dr. stocks did a complete hip replacement on me a couple years ago. I was in so much pain I could not get get up and down without severe pain. I had to use a walker before I had the surgery. The pain completely went away after surgery and I did not have any problems recuperating. I plan to have both knees replaced as soon as possible and I am confident he will do an excellent surgery.

January 23rd, 2017
Excellent outcome and bedside manner.

June 10th, 2016
Beyond amazing in every way!

February 2nd, 2016
Takes the time and is viewed as the top 2 in Houston by multiple doctor friends

November 19th, 2015
Does not cover injectable for knees. Makes you get from drug store which insurance will not cover as it is ONLY covered if purchased and done at client.

November 4th, 2015
Total Hip Replacement ("mini-posterior")
Dr. Stocks replaced my hip on a Wednesday and I was home on Thursday. I was able to walk a mile (slowly & carefully) 2 days later. Today (2 weeks post-op) I'm absolutely amazed at how good I feel. Of course, I still have some discomfort and stiffness, (decreasing each day) but everything feels so much better than before surgery! Dr. Stocks is incredibly skilled. He's also caring, compassionate, and humble. His First Assist, Brandon Thompson, is great too. For me, it was quite helpful (and comforting) that I could email Brandon with any questions that I had both before & after surgery. Each time his responses were timely and complete. I will also say that my overall experience at Texas Orthopedic Hospital was outstanding. It took about a month to get an appointment with Dr. Stocks as a new patient. Then the earliest my surgery could be scheduled was about a month after that. And I have indeed spent some time sitting in the waiting room past my scheduled appointment times... but the bottom line is that it was worth the wait! It seems to me that if a doctor actually spends quality time with his/her patients, and addresses their questions and individual needs, it's inevitable that some appointments will run late. So why are we rating a surgeon's appointment waiting time in the same way that we rate the timeliness of pizza delivery or cable repair anyway?

August 6th, 2015
I am Totally Amazed by Dr Stocks and Brandon. They have a way of making you feel like you are the most important patient they have. Dr Stocks is A World Class Physician but yet is very humble. I cannot recommend them Any Higher!!!

March 2nd, 2015
Excellent doctor!

February 23rd, 2015
best doctor ever. I had a total hip replacement at 41 yrs of age. recovery was quick and he listened to me.

October 25th, 2014
Looking for a knee doctor as good as he is
Very patient and took time to explain all the pros and cons. My husband was back at work in 8 weeks at a very physical job. Highly recommends him to me.

December 1st, 2013
Ultimate Professional
I am 48 yrs old and had a right TKR due to severe arthritis caused by multiple sporting injuries in the past, Dr Stocks evaluated me, performed surgery within a matter of two weeks, people look at my incision and find it hard to believe I had a TKR, he is so professional and yet so humble, he continually reminded me he works with a great team. Amazing. Thanks for my great quality of life returning.