Dr. Gregory Tanner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Tanner?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2016

Dr. Tanner is the best!

Dr. Tanner has been my doctor for 20 years and 4 kids! He is fantastic! I'm so grateful I found him when we first moved here and I was pregnant with my 1st. Dr. Tanner and his staff are awesome.

September 1st, 2015

Excellent

Dr Tanner's staff have gone the extra mile to help me with insurance issues.

March 5th, 2015

I think he is a very educated doctor! He might be shy, but it doesn't mean he's a bad doctor. After seeing 3 doctors for pain, I went into him and he knew instantly what was wrong and suggested surgery- he was right! Then 3 months after surgery, I was pregnant and chose to stick with him instead of my last OB. Every time I have had something scare or worry me, he has gotten me in that day to make sure everything is okay and reassure me.

September 28th, 2013

UNPROFESSIONAL

Unfortunately, Dr. Tanner was the physician for my last 2 pregnancies. He only delivered one of my children, because he didn't make it in time for my last one. In fact, I had to have my husband go get the labor nurse because I could tell something wasn't right. This was an induced birth, mind you. I'm so grateful I had enough experience to know I needed help. The nurse got there just in time to scream as she WATCHED my baby pop out onto the bed! He's never been much for conversation. He always kept it to the BARE minimum. I'm not a drama queen. Pretty self-contained. I guess that's why I put up with him for so long. But my VERY LAST annual visit to him went like this: It had been about 4 years since my last baby. I was 45. Not menopausal yet. He starts his exam & the first thing he said was, "Oh, your ovaries are all withered & shrunk up now." This was completely unsolicited. I didn't ask how they were doing. I was just there, like a good girl, getting my annual examination! I FINALLY realized that a middle-aged male doctor with that kind of bedside manner was NOT what I was going to need to take me into my later menopausal health years. I told my recent GYNO this story & she confirmed that my ovaries were NOT withered & shrunk. WHY DID HE SAY THAT?

August 28th, 2013

Terrible and VERY RUDE Not Professional at ALL!

Just recently I had internal Birth Control put in, I was having complications and was in serious pain. Worse than any Cramps I have ever felt in my life it got to the point where I decided to head to the E.R. as I was on my way I called my Doctors Office to get the Doctor on call to ask what could have been the problem. Dr. Tanner did not give me his name and before he even answered the phone he was Yelling at the lady who sent the call to him, being very rude calling her names, and acting like a teenager who got disturbed from a video game. Take in mind it is 10:00 PM not way late. He than answered the phone as I try to describe the pain I am going through and tell him whats wrong he interrupts me and says that he can't do anything VERY RUDELY and says to just go to the E.R. they will help me. I am going to talk to my real Doctor about this. My boyfriend also used to work in the Medical Field and is going to explain to some people on the Medical Field what happened as well. I highly do not recommend this Doctor to anyone just by the way his reaction was from a patient asking for help.

March 25th, 2013

Patient

A week ago, I requested my records to be transferred to another doctor for a second opinion. His nurse said she would try, but no guarantees. What!! A week later I called my other doctor to see if they received my records from Dr. Tanner for my appointment tomorrow and they said no. I am so frustrated! I will try and go there directly and physically get them myself. Ugh! I am getting a second opinion because I think Dr. Tanner is getting up there in years and would rather just handle regular problems. I could be wrong, but he didn't seem focused and receptive the last 2 years.

March 4th, 2013

im switching doctors asap

I do not like this doctor. He has never asked me one question nor has he gotten personal, at all. When ive tried talking to him, or have told him my symptoms, he says nothing. Its the same every single time! I go in, he says hi, gives me an ultrasound, says "looks good" has me pee in a cup, and schedule an appointment a month from that day. Literally im there for no longer than 15 minutes, everytime. Im switching today, hes lousy.

February 5th, 2013

Fantastic doctor and staff. Attentive, great bedside manner, recalls previous visits and concerns. Never left without having a question answered. Whenever I've left a message for the RN always get prompt calls and follow ups as well. Definitely recommend.

January 9th, 2012

Doesn't care about his patients!

I hate Dr. Tanner! If I wasn't already 34 weeks pregnant I would change doctors. I wish I wouldn't have stuck with him but now it's too late. Here's my story: I have been in horrible pain for the past 2-3 months from my baby kicking and he has done nothing about it. The first time I told him all he said was "that's weird" and changed the subject. The next time I told him about it he looked at his chart ans said "yup I wrote that down from last time" and again changed the subject. Last month I was having multiple contractions (about 10 minutes apart lasting for hours), I kept going into the hospital and all they did was give me an IV then they told me they talked to Dr. Tanner and he released me to go home. At my next appointment Dr. Tanner said he didn't know I was ever in the hospital or having contractions. Well now I am to the point I physically and mentally can't handle my pregnancy because I am in so much pain so I called and ask if they would induce me at 37 weeks. The nurse talked to Dr. Tanner and said for me to come in today to evaluate me. I get into the room and he asks me what I am doing there...Then I tell him everything (again) and he keeps asking me the same questions every from every appointment. I have been seeing him every 2 weeks for the past 8 months and he never writes anything down (expect that one time) or can't ever remember anything about me or who I am. Every appointment he keeps asking me if I'm still working (I quit my job when I was 2 months preg), he keeps checking if my baby has dropped (my baby dropped over a month ago) and to top it all off he is dumb as can be! At the end of my appointment he asked me "is the baby moving? Are you feeling any movements?" OMG! That's the freakin problem! My baby won't stop kicking me and that's why I'm in so much pain! He's an idiot.

February 21st, 2017