Neurological Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
700 Olympic Plz
Suite 850
Tyler, TX 75701
903-595-2441
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

by Julia E (Libby) Kennedy on Mar 13th, 2014

|  No Second Chances  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2014

I was appalled by the lack of professionalism of this surgeon. Further his unprofessional comments regarding the referring physician as well as Gregory Toczyl's arrogance regarding his status as a surgeon was repulsive and in poor taste. Upon entering the room, before sitting down he started by stating he saw no reason for my pain and, that said, he was very visual; if he didn't see it, he wouldn't address it. This, after TWO REFERALS TO HIM FROM DIFFERENT DOCTORS, WITH THE SAME DIAGNOSIS AFTER SCANS, MRI'S AND CURRENT X-RAYS. Toczyl was quick to interject 3 times in the first five minutes that he was a surgeon. The arrogant confidence he portrayed included undertones of put-downs to doctors not having his so-called expertise. In addition, he stated there was no such thing as Sciatica...this was a general term used incorrectly. He refused to prescribe anything for pain, listen further and told me there was no reason for my pain and he was uncertain as to why I was even there. He spent maybe 10 minutes with me prior to abruptly leaving. When I asked what I should do and assured him this pain was not fictitious, he said "just keep doing whatever you've been doing to ease it," turned around and walked out. His bedside manner is beyond poor. It is pathetic and unexcusable. His attitude toward colleagues and co-workers leaves much to be desired. Incidentally, Dr. Toczyl was incorrect with HIS determination. Fortunately, my personal health was not compromised, but addressed appropriately by yet another better qualified, professional and compassionate surgeon/specialist.

Jul 18th, 2012

One of the most unprofessional doctors I've ever met.

May 5th, 2012

Took a lot of time with me. Explained my condition and really seemed to care.

May 20th, 2010

One of the most professional and caring doctors I've ever met.

Jul 15th, 2008

Fantastic Surgeon. Very skilled.