Overall Review

3.4

April 13th, 2015
Saved my mind!
Dr. Tsai is a saint. I was in excruciating pain and other doctors failed to diagnose me correctly. He saw the problem right away and took great care of me.

October 2nd, 2013
Good Smart Honest Trustworthy Young Doctor
Likable, honest, smart, young doctor who listens and teaches carefully. He didn't figure out what was wrong with me on first visit - fair enough - but he was good enough to rule out anything horrifying or worrying and to reassure me the weird pain wasn't fatal. His working hypothesis of what might be wrong (problem with salivary glands) turned out not to be the problem, but I admired his scientific enquiry and integrity. The big trouble is the awful, depressing office - the staff are a shambles, rude, sloppy and out in space. I don't mind waiting a long time for a good doctor (it means he cares about every patient). But I'd hate to have to deal with that staff after an operation or in an emergency, This good doc deserves a first-rate support staff, I hope he gets one.

July 17th, 2013
I first saw Dr.Tsai back in 2009 and he performed a surgery on me. He is very compassionate and knowledgable. He called me the next day after the surgery to check. And the recovery of the surgery was surprisingly fast and pain free. And his receptionist and assistant were all very friendly and nice, easy bill processing. He is also very thorough and had given me great advice. Im confused about all these negative reviews.

April 3rd, 2013
Same as everyone else - incompetently run office
I had an absolutely TERRIBLE experience with Dr. Tsai's office and am only posting because of the level of incompetence exhibited. I'm sure he's an ok doctor and he was a nice guy in person but his office is the least professionally run operation I've ever seen. I went for a sleep study and after checking me out, they directed me to take a home test from a lab. Upon completing the test and submitting the results to the lab, I called up Dr. Tsai's office a week later for the results. The receptionist told me that she couldn't help and that both the doctor and his assistant were unavailable but that she'd take down my name/number and someone--the assistant or Dr. Tsai--would call me back with my results. No one called back. I then called up LITERALLY 3 more times over the following month to get some answers and EACH AND EVERY TIME was told that no one was there to answer my questions and instead someone would call me back. Again, no one ever did. FINALLY over a month later, I was told by the receptionist that his (phantom) assistant told her that they never received the results from the lab. First, if that was the case, why didn't they A) tell me that in the first place and B) call the lab to find out what the delay was?!?! I was then told to call the lab myself as it wasn't their responsibility to make sure results were sent. NICE! More importantly, upon calling the lab directly, they were able to immediately tell me that they had indeed sent the results to Dr. Tsai's office nearly a month earlier and had a fax confirmation to prove successful transmission (which they then sent me). Upon calling Dr. Tsai's office to inform them of this, that news was greeted with a "well, we didn't receive it" (odd since the confirmation said it was successfully transmitted) and "tell them to send it to us again." Again, nice! The lab then sent the results for a second time. Finally a few days later while I was away, I received a voicemail/email from Dr. Tsai with a brief apology for the miscommunication (telling me to email him directly in the future to "bypass the inefficiencies of the secretaries"), offering a vague 2-sentence summary of the lab results and then telling me that if I am interested in discussing further to contact him. This came literally A MONTH AND 5 DAYS after the test was completed. I received no follow up. Bottom line, a horrible experience requiring me to badger his unhelpful and unprofessional office time and again. You've been warned.

November 26th, 2012
Decent Doctor - Terrible Reception
The receptionist at the UWS office is pretty rude and curt. I watched her interact with several other patients and she's really short and condescending. Dr. Tsai is a good doctor, but the waits in the office are long and (unfortunately because of the receptionist) not very pleasant.

April 9th, 2012
Good doctor but awful booking and billing system
Dr Tsai was good. However the online appointment booking and billing service is awful. Make sure you called the office to confirm appointment if you use online booking. I call the office while looking at spots available online, there are spots that are not available but made available on online. Also, while I was waiting for doctor apparently one girl used online booking but was surprised the office had no record. It seems the staffs are aware of the flaw but don't care enough to address it. Another problem is I paid the co-pay while I was in the office, but I still receive bill from the office demanding copay from me. I sent the receipt as proof to the office and yet I am still getting the same bill afterward. I am still dealing with the billing problem with the office. Poor rating for the follow up and customer service.

March 29th, 2012
Failure to Communicate
Dr. Tsai instructed me to follow-up with him via email which I did. I didn't get a reply for nearly two weeks and when I did he said he had been away but had forgotten to have someone check his messages. Also, Kourtney, who is his booking clerk, failed to contact me numerous times to schedule surgery. It was discovered that she was emailing Dr. Tsai instead of me by accident. The complete incompetence of the Head and Neck Surgery Center is beyond me and I feared that these failings would not bode well for my surgery so I chose to start over with a new doctor at Weill-Cornell. I would NOT recommend seeing Dr. Tsai.

February 5th, 2012
saw him years ago when he was located at bayside . my mom came for simple ear cleaning and he wanted to perform deviated septum surgery on her which she always had but never had a problem with.My mom was in her high fifties and did not mention any nose problems to him. he just looked at her nose after finishing her ears and wanted to do the surgery years later that still sticks with me.of course my mom declined.

December 31st, 2010
3 Hours of Wait-Time, Rude Receptionist
I went to this guy for some horrible pain in my ear. Though I waited patiently for the first hour, I asked the receptionist when she thought he would see me. She wouldn't even give me an estimate and was extraordinarily rude.When I first walked into the office, the path to the window was blocked by someone who was very old. Rather than make them move, I just went to the side--which was open. She scolded me and made me move. Afterwards, another patient entered and did the same thing, even though the path was clear. The receptionist was so warm to her and did not speak a word about going to the window. The receptionist was Latina and so was this patient who had just entered. I felt discriminated against and used.Then, I received a bill that was ridiculous considering the ten minutes (or less) that he spent with me. I would NOT recommend this doctor for so many reasons. Why settle for a three hour wait-time, a rude receptionist, and a doctor who was rushing through my appointment? There are so many doctors in this city, get help from someone who actually cares about his/her patients. Never again for me.