Dr. Gregory Valania Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Valania?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 30th, 2012

Dr. Valania provided exceptional care for my brother during his several hospital stays at Baystate, right up until the end of my brother's life. His medical diagnosis, although difficult for us to accept, was accurate. Throughout the concern and compassion that he showed my brother and the entire family during a very difficult time was without equal. I have not encountered a more skilled, knowledgeable and humane doctor as Dr. Valania and I am truly grateful he is a part of Baystate Cardiology.

April 16th, 2011

Dr. Valania provided me with the best encounter I have ever had with a doctor. He is very skilled and clearly top in his field. His bedside manner and willingness to consult with his patients and explain their complex issues is superior to all others in the medical profession. I also greatly respect his medical ethics. He doesn't believe in over-treating patients solely to extend life but is focused on the quality of life. He recently treated my father for heart failure at Baystate and it was a jaw-dropping experience. It was the first time I felt as though a doctor were acting as a "partner" with the patient and family. Most doctors, including, unfortunately, his partner, treat patients and family members as thought they don't have the capacity to understand and don't give them a change to undertand or participate in important decision. I was nearly as impressed with is partner, Myra Slawsky's medical ethics. She made decisions for my father without consulting with him or the family. I predict Dr. Valania will leave the Springfield area. He is too good to stay in a secondary medical community. He will end up at a big city, first rate hospital - which Baystate is not.

September 15th, 2014