Dr. Gregory Varjabedian DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 9th, 2016
DOCTOR DO-LITTLE - STAY FAR AWAY
I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone on the planet. His bedside manner was bad, he wasn't attentively listing, and wanted to pursue unnecessary procedures. Furthermore, he provided no practical suggestions after his exam. My ear was sore, no hearing loss, no wax buildup, no redness, just chronically a bit sore. The entire experience became increasingly uncomfortable as the dialogue ensued. He discounted what I was saying, and kept repeating the same thing which irritatingly, led nowhere. After I corrected him when he misquoted something I said, his response was, "I think you should find a new doctor." I replied, "I think you're right" and then left. Based on other comments I read, this seems to be his M.O. If I could rate with "zero" stars, I would do that!

August 2nd, 2016
Varjabedian came off as a total jerk. We took our son in to get his ear tubes checked. He did not bother to introduce himself or ask our names and not only did a half-assed job (didn't bother trying to clean the ears to see the tubes, just flatly stated he couldn't see them), he then proceeded to tell us our son was autistic and we should ignore all the advise his Pediatrician, former ENT, and Speech Pathologist have provided us this far.

July 6th, 2015
unprofessional loser who quits on his patients
this guy is a loser. i had a hard time understanding what he was explaining, and he was patient for a little while, but continued to explain in the same way, and then wasn't listening to what i was saying. after a while he declared that i would need to see another dr. i read that on other reviews he does that, but wanted to give him a chance, thinking something was wrong with those other patients. i was very shocked that i had to spend all that money to see him and then he decided he was done with me because i was wasting his time by taking too long. if you go to him prepare to kiss his ring and possibly still get kicked out. most unprofessional dr i've ever experienced.

June 3rd, 2015
Stay Away from this doctor. I got my septoplasty surgery done by him and now having multiple complications after the surgery. My Nose is totally out of shape and not even able to smile since surgery. My lip has dropped down because of too much stretching from the surgery. When i asked him about complications , he just said " I am sorry that you did not LIKE the way your nose looks " . LIKE The way my nose lookks????? For him its just a cosmetic thing and he does not care about the complications after surgery. Even my jaw is misaligned after surgery. He does not care about anything after surgery , will just experiment it during surgery. Please stay away from him.

April 29th, 2015
WoRST Doctor !!

January 10th, 2015
there was no follow up, and upon calling to say the medicine was not working , he just dont me he didnt know.. I was expecting something like we will try to help you when you come at next visit, or something.. NOt one person in the office smiled or acted like they even wanted to be there, including the Dr.. they were just discussing lunch.. I know that my Dr. who recommended me to him, will not recommend anyone else

September 29th, 2014
Too emotional, bad record keeping, doesn't listen, snap judgments
He spent very little time with me. Made a quick, inaccurate diagnosis about my sinus problems. Had the problems for decades. Had a blockage in my sinuses for at least 3 years. He said all of my sinus problems were due to anxiety, which is a recent issue. Staff was very friendly but it's very hard getting them to call you back with info. After two weeks of trying to get in touch with them ("we'll call you back today"), I was pretty angry. Given one set of info about what is in my file, another over the phone. Varjabedian calls me back to ask me what I think should happen next. I'm not the doctor! I'm clearly angry on the phone & keep agreeing that I am during the multiple times he says I am. He asks why I'm angry. I tell him. SIX times. He keeps accusing me of yelling at him, which I never did. I was clearly angry but not yelling. He makes me go over my symptoms again & again even though he supposedly has the info in front of him. Keeps repeating questions that I keep clearly answering. He cannot handle talking to an upset person without deciding it's a personal attack. Or maybe it's just talking to an angry woman that he can't handle. He told me he had no time to discuss this because he had patients to see, but I'm also his patient & HE called ME. Really unprofessional. Nurses, when I actually got to speak to them, were very friendly & professional. He should only have them speak to patients.

September 27th, 2012
Disapointed!
I went to see the Dr because of a sinus infection that had lasted 4 weeks. It had taken a couple weeks to get the appointment and in that time I went to an urgent care that gave me a round of antibiotics. When I seen the Dr the first time he spent very little time with me and confirmed the sinus infection then set up a follow up appointment for 6 weeks later. The antibiotics didn't seem to work and during those 6 weeks I was unbearably uncomfortable. At the follow up appointment he briefly examined me again I told him that everything was the same and he said there was no infection. Then he said that there was nothing he could do and it was going to get worse. That was it. So I sit here again beginning my search for another ENT.

August 29th, 2012
Excellant communicater!

July 19th, 2012
Dr. Varjabedian and his staff are amazing!!!!!
I cant begin to tell you how wonderful our experience has been with Dr. Varjabedian and the girls in his office. Our initial meeting with him was one that I will never forget, for a variety of reasons. Being a first time mom, I often felt as if maybe I overreacted about every cough or sniffle Andrew is a daycare kid, he picks up every germ within a 5 mile radius but in the pit of my stomach, I always knew that something bigger was going on with him and it wasnt until we saw Dr. Varjabedian that my suspicions were confirmed. As I believed to be the case (I even asked his pediatrician if we could discuss it), Andrew was a candidate for tubes and Dr. V thought it would be good to get him in sooner, rather than later. Within two weeks, Andrews surgery was scheduled and performed by Dr. Varjabedian. I realize that the procedure is very common and that it is very rare to have complications but as a mother, seeing your child in any sort of pain, is almost unbearable. However, Dr. Vs bedside manner with Andrew was impeccable and he was so reassuring to me and my husband, both. He has never rushed through any of our appointments and always been completely thorough. In fact, during our initial consultation with him, we discussed the fact that Andrew was having some developmental delays (at 20 months old, he still had no language) and instead of referring us back to the useless pediatrician that we were seeing, he referred us to the University of Michigan for a neurological exam. Dr. Varjabedians suggestion changed our lives. Four weeks after our initial meeting with him, our son, Andrew was diagnosed with Autism. Ironically, that meeting was one year ago, yesterday. This past spring, after several more rounds of ear infections and antibiotics, we met with Dr. Varjabedian again about possibly removing Andrews tonsils and adenoids. To our relief, he was completely on board and we scheduled the surgery. But, as our luck would have it, the week before the procedure was to take place, Andrew got sick again. I met with Dr. Varjabedian and while I wanted no one other than him to perform Andrews surgery, he suggested that we consider going to Motts in Ann Arbor, as they were better equipped to handle small children, as well as one with special needs. Thankfully, the procedure was a huge success and Im happy to report that we have seen major progress ever since. I only tell you this story because it reiterates what a wonderful doctor Greg Varjabedian is. He could have easily rescheduled the surgery for a later date and been done with it. However, he took all of the last years events into consideration and wanted to make this as easy on our family as possible. I can honestly say that Ive never encountered a doctor that put the emotional needs of his patients above the medical needs. For this, I will always be indebted and a huge advocate for Dr. Varjabedian. Ironically, I just gave his card to a family from our support group that was seeking a good ENT. I told them that they were about to experience the best!! I truly believe that Dr. Varjabedian was the sole reason that we received Andrews diagnosis at such a young age, allowing us to implement early intervention strategies. My family will forever be grateful to him and his staff.

July 18th, 2012
Great ENT for our son
We took our 17 month old son to Dr. Varj on the recommendation of a neighbor. He was caring, he really took the time to get to know our son's history with his ear problems, made sure all of our questions were answered. Also we had a great experience in the hospital with our son's procedure. We recommend Dr. Varj to any parent who has a child with ear problems.

March 23rd, 2012
I HAVE VISITED MANY DOC'S AND THEY COULD NOT DIAGNOSE MY PROBLEM. WENT TO DR. VARJABEDIAN AND HE TOLD ME WHAT WAS WRONG AND CORRECTED IT IN SURGERY. HE IS A GREAT DOC FOR DIAGNOSIS.