Dr. Gregory Hanson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 25th, 2016
Dr appeared VERY agitated and rude ! Medical info on my paper work was very inaccurate.

January 15th, 2016
I was very disappointed and shocked by Dr. Hanson's response when I called him to inform him of my recent visit to the Hospital ER were I was diagnosed and treated for double pneumonia. He stated he did not believe me, wants to see the records, asked what do you want me to do, went on to say this is a rare diagnosis and suggested I find another doctor closer to where I am currently living. The nurses in the ER recommended I contact my personal physician about this incident, and this is the professional response I received, this was so very unexpected. I will take his advice and find another physician right away, for living in this metroplex, one can certainly identify more caring individuals in the health care profession.

December 11th, 2014
Patient
I would recommend him to anyone! My family absolutely love him.

December 9th, 2014
Great doctor, not so great office staff
Dr. Hanson is great. He spends a great amount of time with me on each visit. He listens and ask questions and is very thorough. His office staff is rude & rarely every acknowledges anyone when they enter his office. The front desk girl should acknowledge and greet every patient that walks in that office and smile occassionally. His office would be perfect if he would just get nice, friendly front desk people.

April 29th, 2014
Spends quality time with patients "old school style"
If you are looking for a true doctor who spends time with you as a patient and actually diagnoses you and doesn't just treat symptoms- then you have found the right one. I have been going to a doctor for years who just ran me through like a cattle auction and never spent any time with his patients, he only wrote prescriptions. You won't be disappointed with Dr. Hanson and I have personally referred him to friends and family! That is how impressed I am with him!!!

September 16th, 2012
Dr. Hanson is very kind and listens. It's his office staff that is the problem. I left a message with his receptionist for him to please call me. I had fallen and needed his advice onwhat to do. She said she would tell him. He has'nt called yet. My husband went to his office to talk to her. She said she never got that message. I had my inr drawn on Wed. and when I called on Fri. for my results, the nurse said they did'nt have them and would check. Never heard from her.I"m shopping for a new Dr.

April 12th, 2011
Great Dr. horrible office staff!
He is a really good doctor! Thorough, listens, and is all around knowledgeable! His staff on the other hand leaves something to be desired! They were supposed to fax a prescription it took 7 phone calls 5 days and 6 voicemails to finally have it faxed over to pharmacy! Next he ordered a referral to a specialist. The specialist never got the referral and I was told sorry for his staff forgetting to send it! The latest adventure for a referral has taken 2 months yet again and when you talk to the rude staff they try to tell you they sent it a month ago and they are resending now. As of an hour later the specialist still has not received the fax. Apparently it is getting sent via morse code! How are there fax machines always perfect yet multiple people do not get their faxes. Hey Dr. love ya but you need a new support staff!!

February 21st, 2011
20 minute time limit for appointments!?
Maybe he should get an egg timer for the exam room.This doc apparently has a standing 20 minute limit for appointments, according to his not-very-friendly receptionist, so if you have multiple issues to discuss and want feedback for definitely find someone else. He became visibly exasperated with my questions and issues, and seemed impatient when I asked him to do a routine foot exam particularly of one of my toes (I'm a diabetic and this is not only routine, they should be doing it without having to ask). I received no feedback whatsoever on the main issue I wanted addressed on that particular visit. His staff is distinctly unfriendly. Questionable diagnosis for cause of parathesia in one hand with accompanying neck stiffness and soreness specifically that it was carpal tunnel syndrome without explaining why if that was the case why am I getting recurring tingling in my left leg. That doesn't seem explainable by carpal tunnel. Seeking new primary care doc now.

August 2nd, 2010
JIM B
DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF REVIEWING MY MEDICAL HISTORY. TOOK LOTS OF TIME EXPLAINING WHAT I NEEDED TO DO TO IMPROVE MY CONDITION. BEDSIDE MANNER WAS GREAT.

November 9th, 2009
Listens
really like him. when you are with him he is paying attention to what you say. dry sense of humor. gives you a summary report of the visit!