Dr. Gregory Weinstein MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Philadelphia, PA

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2017
Dr. Weinstein is the BEST!!!!!
Dr. Weinstein saved my life. His bedside is great. He explains everything so anyone can understand. He never seemed to be in a hurry to leave. Highly, highly recommend Dr. Weinstein.

February 8th, 2017
Better Quality of Life!
Going to Dr Weinstein for my head and neck cancer resulted in a far better quality of life than I would have received with the procedure another doctor had scheduled. The culture at Penn is impressive in both the level of care and medical capability.

July 27th, 2016
Top in the world
The excellent ENT specialist at my community hospital, Abington Hospital, referred me to Dr. Weinstein immediately after he removed my lymph node and diagnosed me with a head/neck P-16-positive squamous cell carcinoma, likely located in my tonsil. I am so thankful for this referral to UPenn! Dr. Weinstein is the best in the world at what he does –– one of the few and most experienced who can offer a surgery-only solution to early tonsil cancer. Though the two robotic surgeries that I underwent with him and his team were not easy to go through, he saved me from having to have radiation therapy to the throat (which can sometimes permanently damage nerves related to speech and swallowing) or possible chemotherapy. More than two years later, I am feeling great and better than ever, am cancer free, and am enjoying only benefits and virtually no residual effects. Dr. Weinstein is a cool and super-sharp dude but a very busy man. He is a rock star in his field, so don’t go to him expecting him to spend a ton of time at your bedside. His able team of fellows takes care of that. Don’t expect him to always be running on time for your follow-up appointments. He may be spending an hour or more with someone just in front of you on the schedule who is newly diagnosed with cancer, just like he did with you when you first came to him and received his reassuring care. Be thankful when he always comes in the door with a group of post-graduate physician fellows from around the world wanting to learn his approach, and then explains your case to them. It’s proof that you’ve found care at the very top. His nurses, nurse practitioners, and O.R. team are excellent. True pro’s. Be glad and know that he and his staff are always ready to answer your questions and guide you to your best chance of cure.

April 19th, 2016
EXCEPTIONAL & COMPASSIONATE
What an exceptional Dr. I put my life in his hands and he came thru with flying colors curing my cancer. Not only did he do a spectacular job, but he showed me how compassionate he is for his patients. After I left the hospital, I developed a perforated bowel (which had nothing to do with my throat cancer) and was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery, when I woke up in ICU , the first person I saw was Dr. Weinstein, wanting to see how I was & to reassure me that I was ok, he then went to visit my family in the waiting area. He had nothing to do with my bowel surgery but heard about it, what Dr does that, visits a patient to see if their alright. He is the best of the best. His staff is also great, I have never called and not gotten an answer to my question, they are always happy to help. Would I recommend Dr. Weinstein and his staff to any of my family or friends YOU BET!

March 9th, 2016
Cancer Surgeon, why mine is the best.
When I found I had cancer, I wanted the best in the business to work on me. After researching the net and talking to others in the Medical profession, Dr. Weinstein's name came up all the time. It turned out they were right. If I had to go through it again, Dr. Weinstein is my Doc. Very personable, great bedside manner, he spoke with me like one of the guys. Explained everything in laymen's terms every step of the way. Cancer is a scary thing, Dr. Weinstein made it much, much, easier.

March 6th, 2016
Eleven years ago I was very fortunate to be sent to Dr. Weinstein at the U of Penn. I can not say enough good things about him and his staff. My local ENT made the appointment for me and we were able to see Dr. Weinstein and Jean off and on for roughly 3 hours during our first visit. Jean met us first and Dr. Weinstein came in a short time after to discuss what all the tests and scans meant. During the 3 hours we were there, Dr. Weinstein and Jean would answer our questions on hand and leave us to take in the information. They would then return after seeing a few other patients and ask if we had any more questions, which we did. I found my cancer by accident feeling a tiny bump under my jaw, and had a gut feeling about it. It was suggested to me by friends to get a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion. After speaking with Dr. Weinstein and Jean, my gut feeling told me that I need not look any further. Being an old Marine, I wanted to know what lie ahead; I think in the positive mode as much as possible, Dr. Weinstein expressed the same positive attitude. I knew I wanted the cancer out of me, so I went with surgery to make sure he got it all. I continue to see Dr. Weinstein yearly even after he gave me the all clear at the five year mark. I asked if he would mind if I came back so he could keep an eye on me. His reply was “Your time is my time so come back until you feel comfortable”. I will continue to see him. In the Marines we had a saying that there will be about 10% that complain about anything and everything, often I would hear people complain because one Doctor or another would be running a little late. It never bothered me if Dr. Weinstein was running over a little because I figured he and Jean were helping another new patient get their questions answered like they did for me and my wife. Dedicated, professional, and caring are words I would use for Dr. Weinstein and his staff.

February 4th, 2016
Dr. Weinstein is the reason we will celebrate the 11th anniversary of the surgery that saved my Son's life in May. Dr. Weinstein is a caring professional who is always available for his patients. My family owes him a debt of gratitude which we will never be able to repay.

February 2nd, 2016
Having Dr. Weinstein perform my surgery, was the best thing that I ever did for myself. I truly thank God , for having chose him. From day one forward, Dr. Weinstein and his staff, were stellar. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

January 31st, 2016
I saw Dr. Weinstein in Decenber of 2009, at the appointment that we set the date for my surgery he stayed in the room until all my and my family's questions were answered which was probably a lot more time than he had slotted for me. He was up front with me on what to expect with my full neck dissection to remove the cancer at the base of my tongue. I live 80 miles away from HUP and recently returned for prostate cancer this time. I feel relaxed and at home whenever I visit Dr. Weinstein, HUP, and now Dr. Kolker. For what these people face day in and day out everyone is friendly and accommodating. I've sent a family member and a friend to HUP for cancer treatments and I would not consider any other place.

January 6th, 2016
Dr. Weinstein is a great surgeon!
When I realized that there was something wrong with my throat, I went to Penn for a second opinion. There I was quickly seen by Dr. Weinstein who diagnosed my problem as a base of tongue cancer. He did a left neck dissection, followed a few days later by transoral robotic surgery to remove the cancer. No one who sees me would ever suspect that I had these two major surgeries. Dr. Weinstein is an outstanding surgeon who keeps up with everything new in his field. I still see him periodically to evaluate my Petscans. I was so lucky to have him do my surgery and am fortunate that he still monitors my well being.

December 28th, 2015
I would highly recommend Dr Gregory Weinstein. My son was diagnosed with cancer of the neck and throat at a very young age. Our family doctor told us that he had heard a lot of wonderful things about Dr Weinstein. I could go on and on about this man, but I'll keep it short. Anytime I called with questions or concerns, his staff was very patient with me. Answering what they could and having one of his team members talk to me if they couldn't. Everyone was sympathetic and caring. That said, the most sympathetic and caring person was Dr Weinstein himself. He treated my son like he was his only patient. To me as a mom, that meant the world to me. The one thing I will always remember Dr Weinstein saying immediately after surgery, with our whole family in the room was that he got it all, and he treated our son like he was his own. We owe Dr Weinstein more than you could ever imagine. We our truly indebted to this wonderful doctor who saved our sons life. Theres no question that he's the best there is!

December 8th, 2015
Thanks from a greatful patient
Over the past 3 years I have had the most positive treatment and relationship with Dr. Weinstein. He and his entire staff helped me cope with my medical issue, provided excellent treatment and kept me informed every step of the way before, during and after the 3 out patient procedures needed to correct a serious throat condition.