Otolaryngologists
Video profile
5 Silverstein Pavilion 3400 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-662-2777
Locations and availability (6)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Thyroidectomy  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2013

I had a thyroidectomy last year for thyroid cancer and even tho I do feel Dr. Weinstein is a great surgeon, his bedside manner is awful. I had so much anxiety before the surgery and I asked numerous times that I wanted to see Dr. Weinstein before he started the surgery but he never did come and see me, I just saw someone from his staff. Also after the surgery, he never stop by the waiting area to let my family know that the surgery went well. My daughter was so upset, she thought I died during the surgery. I also didn't see Dr. Weinstein while I was recovering in my room, again I only saw Drs. from his staff. I don't understand why a surgeon can't take a few minutes to visit his patients after they have surgery. When I had my follow-up appt. 2 weeks later, I felt so rushed by Dr. Weinstein, that he didn't even explained what kind of cancer I had and he even didn't take the time to look at my incision to see if it's healing. I had to research the info myself after I read my pathology report.

Mar 15th, 2012

Dr. Weinstein is the best! I was treated by him for tonsillar cancer and will be forever grateful for his expertise and care. He was kind and always willing to take the time to explain everything to me.

|  parotidectomy october 2011  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

Dr Weinstein is the BEST. He answers your questions and explains exactly what is going to happen. He is very experienced and knowledgeable in his field. Fully recommend him. The wait time gets a little long but that is because he is in demand.Chuck Russell

|  Parotid surgery  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2012

I find Dr Weinstein very accurate andinformative with my problem. Very caring and set me at ease on the very first appointment. I felt very confident with him. I would recommend him and his staff is wonderful.

|  Early on in my care but very confident  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

Yesterday was my first meeting with Doctor Weinstein. Both my wife and I were so impressed with his professional and CARING manner. His attention to detail and explaination of the whole proces(surgery/surgeries/radaition/chemo)was complete and thorough. When I got my initial DX (throat/neck cancer) I asked my referring Doctor "If you were sitting in the chair instead of me who would you want to see"?Without hesitation he said Dr. Weinstein!

Jan 15th, 2012

Extremely skilled surgeon. I would trust him without concern. But is a bit arrogant about his own importance and loses interest in patients a year or so after surgical work is completed. Acts as though follow-up checks are an impostion on his time.

|  what bedside manner  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

Rude and arrogant. No patient skills.

|  Mixed Benign Salivary Gland Tumor Removed On 12/10/2010  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

Dr. Weinstein did a wonderful job removing my tumor. He is an excellent surgeon, an expert I would recommend to anyone. My recovery was easier and shorter than I anticipated. All the staff at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania were outstanding. Dr. Lori, who did my needle Ct scan biopsy was one of the nicest, most informative and reassuring doctors I've ever met. I can't say enough about HUP-they are simply the best!

by Thyroid Patient on May 5th, 2010

I had my surgery done recently by Dr. Weinstein. I had a total of 5 minutes with him at my consultation after waiting 2 hours in the waiting room. I did not see him at all on the day of the surgery. The surgery itself went well, however I feel that his bedside manner was nonexistant. I will see how things go with my follow up, but I do not feel that I would recommend him due to the lack of a personal touch/concern for the patient.

Apr 23rd, 2010

Great Doctor

|  took care of me  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2010

I found Dr Weinstein to be professional and his personal touch, with me and family, was outstanding. He spent time at first visit and the follow-up.

|  Referring Physian  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2010

I have been sending patients to Dr. Weinstein since 1991, he is an outstanding clinician. My patients have consistently told me that he has superb bedside manner and that he is a wonderful human being. His cancer results are outstanding. Thank goodness we have Dr. Weinstein to refer patients to.

|  Primary Care Physician MD  |  show details
by Primary Care Doctor on Nov 6th, 2008

My patients have consistently told me about Dr. Weinstein's poor bedside manner. He is uncaring and extremely disrespectful toward his patients, some who are in the process of dealing with life threatening cancers. He is a man who wants respect, but will give it to no one else he sees "beneath" him. I will no longer refer my patients to him and will tell my numerous fellow colleagues to do the same. As a physician, I find it a shame when a physician acts the way Dr. Weinstein does for whatever reason. Patients do need doctor, but they also need someone they can trust.