Dr. Gregory Weinstein, FACS
Professor and Vice Chair, Director, Division of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Pennsylvania
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 23rd, 2015

Great and amazing doctor!

by Paul Savastano on Feb 11th, 2015

Gratitude and High praise for my Quality of Life. Nowhere Id rather be in world for treatment.

Dr. Weinstein and Staff show details Dr. Weinstein and Staff
by Barbara Richmond on Feb 10th, 2015

Dr. Weinstein and Staff at U. P. on January 1994 I had extensive cancer surgery on my neck that took 12.5 hours. I also had postoperative radiation therapy around my jaw where the jaw was opened up to get access to the cancer. After radiation it did not heal, and I had to undergo hyperbaric oxygen treatments. After all the care from Dr. Weinstein and his Staff at U. P. I am 22 years cancer free. Thanks Dr. Barb. & Tom

Living healthy after 6 years...!!! Thanks Doc!!! show details Living healthy after 6 years...!!! Thanks Doc!!!
by David A. Stock on Feb 9th, 2015

Dr Weinstein & team at PENN were fantastic from surgery through full recovery!! Incredible experience!!!

Dr. Weinstein show details Dr. Weinstein
by Todd Leslie tml5@ptd.net on Feb 9th, 2015

Our personal experience with Dr. Weinstein is and was Fabulous, first let me start by saying, it was 22 yrs since our first encounter with the Dr. and his staff, and if it wasn't for Dr. Weinstein and his staff, I would not have my Mom with us today, My mom (BARBARA RICHMOND from JIM THORPE,PA.) was diagnosed with cancer 22 yrs ago, she never smoked, never drank, then we seen the Dr. and his staff for the first time, My MOM went through something I hope I never have to see again in my lifetime, she had cancer in the limpnodes in her throat, I've never seen a person who could have survived a surgery in which she had, but with the grace of GOD, DR. WEINSTEIN, and his STAFF, it made my mom a better stronger person in which she is today and cancer free , and she is 72 yrs old now and looking just as lovely as she did before her surgery 22 yrs ago. So all I can say is THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for giving my MOM all these years with our family cancer free. We will always be so grateful of Dr. Weinstein and his staff for all thay have done for our family.....

Better than excellent! show details Better than excellent!
by Linda E. Leighbody on Feb 9th, 2015

Dr. Weinstein, a warm, caring, experienced doctor, focuses on you exclusively healing the cancer.

Mar 15th, 2012

Dr. Weinstein is the best! I was treated by him for tonsillar cancer and will be forever grateful for his expertise and care. He was kind and always willing to take the time to explain everything to me.

parotidectomy october 2011 show details parotidectomy october 2011
Feb 21st, 2012

Dr Weinstein is the BEST. He answers your questions and explains exactly what is going to happen. He is very experienced and knowledgeable in his field. Fully recommend him. The wait time gets a little long but that is because he is in demand.Chuck Russell

Parotid surgery show details Parotid surgery
Feb 12th, 2012

I find Dr Weinstein very accurate andinformative with my problem. Very caring and set me at ease on the very first appointment. I felt very confident with him. I would recommend him and his staff is wonderful.

Early on in my care but very confident show details Early on in my care but very confident
Jan 19th, 2012

Yesterday was my first meeting with Doctor Weinstein. Both my wife and I were so impressed with his professional and CARING manner. His attention to detail and explaination of the whole proces(surgery/surgeries/radaition/chemo)was complete and thorough. When I got my initial DX (throat/neck cancer) I asked my referring Doctor "If you were sitting in the chair instead of me who would you want to see"?Without hesitation he said Dr. Weinstein!

Jan 15th, 2012

Extremely skilled surgeon. I would trust him without concern. But is a bit arrogant about his own importance and loses interest in patients a year or so after surgical work is completed. Acts as though follow-up checks are an impostion on his time.

what bedside manner show details what bedside manner
Mar 11th, 2011

Rude and arrogant. No patient skills.

Mixed Benign Salivary Gland Tumor Removed On 12/10/2010 show details Mixed Benign Salivary Gland Tumor Removed On 12/10/2010
Jan 25th, 2011

Dr. Weinstein did a wonderful job removing my tumor. He is an excellent surgeon, an expert I would recommend to anyone. My recovery was easier and shorter than I anticipated. All the staff at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania were outstanding. Dr. Lori, who did my needle Ct scan biopsy was one of the nicest, most informative and reassuring doctors I've ever met. I can't say enough about HUP-they are simply the best!

by Thyroid Patient on May 5th, 2010

I had my surgery done recently by Dr. Weinstein. I had a total of 5 minutes with him at my consultation after waiting 2 hours in the waiting room. I did not see him at all on the day of the surgery. The surgery itself went well, however I feel that his bedside manner was nonexistant. I will see how things go with my follow up, but I do not feel that I would recommend him due to the lack of a personal touch/concern for the patient.

Apr 23rd, 2010

Great Doctor

took care of me show details took care of me
Apr 18th, 2010

I found Dr Weinstein to be professional and his personal touch, with me and family, was outstanding. He spent time at first visit and the follow-up.

Referring Physian show details Referring Physian
Jan 28th, 2010

I have been sending patients to Dr. Weinstein since 1991, he is an outstanding clinician. My patients have consistently told me that he has superb bedside manner and that he is a wonderful human being. His cancer results are outstanding. Thank goodness we have Dr. Weinstein to refer patients to.

Primary Care Physician MD show details Primary Care Physician MD
by Primary Care Doctor on Nov 6th, 2008

My patients have consistently told me about Dr. Weinstein's poor bedside manner. He is uncaring and extremely disrespectful toward his patients, some who are in the process of dealing with life threatening cancers. He is a man who wants respect, but will give it to no one else he sees "beneath" him. I will no longer refer my patients to him and will tell my numerous fellow colleagues to do the same. As a physician, I find it a shame when a physician acts the way Dr. Weinstein does for whatever reason. Patients do need doctor, but they also need someone they can trust.