inactive

Gregory A Wilets MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 1st, 2015
DO NOT RECOMMEND, VERY Unprofessional
After a relocation, it was difficult to establish myself as a new patient with any psychiatrist. Dr. Wilets was the first available and willing to take on a new patient. At first, things were good, my medication didn't change, it was more of maintenance appointments rather than anything else. But about a month or so ago I had a bad spell and needed to get into see him quickly. I called on a Tuesday and the receptionist said the next available appointment was NEXT Wednesday. I explained that it was an emergency and that if at all possible I needed an earlier appointment. She told me again, NEXT Wednesday. I had a family member call to see if there was anything that Dr. Wilets could do to squeeze me in, have a telephone appointment, anything. (These are all these that my past doctors would do.) The receptionist became belligerent toward my family member and said that she (the receptionist) or Dr. WIlets would call us back by end of business. This as at 2:00pm. At 7 I still had not received a returned call. The next day I called back and questioned why I had not received a call back and the receptionist replied "I haven't talked to the doctor yet, he's too busy." We started calling the office around 11 the previous day and called back to question not receiving a call back around the same time the next day. 24 hours had passed and the receptionist and Dr. Wilets could not find the time to discuss the needs of a patient that truly needed to come in and see him. On top of all of that, I am still waiting for Dr. Wilets to fill out the prior authorization paperwork for my insurance company. It has now been 2 months. This is the last doctor I would recommend seeing in the Savannah area, and that's truly not saying much since there are very few out there and even fewer that are good.

September 22nd, 2014
patient
Dr. Gregory A. Wilets is a wonderful doctor. My life is great thanks to Dr. Wilets.

June 23rd, 2014
Dr.Wilets
Dr.Wilets is a very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate physician. He is there for you through the good and the bad. So glad that I found him when I moved to Savannah.

June 19th, 2014
Improvements
Dr. Wilets does not get patients "hooked". He did have me return back shortly after prescribing new medications though. This was to see how they were working, if I was having any troublesome side effects, if they needed to be adjusted, etc. Being serious about my treatment, I happily obliged, and found these visits beneficial. Furthermore, Dr. Wilets has gotten a new secretary that works more hours. It is now much easier to reach the office and be responded to in a timely manner.

February 10th, 2014
Bad Doctor
I only intended on reading reviews, not writing, because I thought it might have been just bad chemistry. I moved here and made an appt because Dr. WIlletts took Aetna. I made my appointment online with someone named Erika. I saw him twice and then started a consulting job out of town. I had to cancel my appointment but found I was stuck in another state and I needed my ambien refilled. He refused and said it was too soon to fill it. Instead of prescribing 1/2 tab per night, he had prescribed 1/2 tab every other night and said I couldn't have a refill. I know my body, and I was out of town in a hotel working and the ambien helped me. I called my previous doctor prior to moving, and explained the situation and she called in a one time refill for me. When I returned home I scheduled and appointment online or tried to once again with Erika but she never responded. I guess I mad the Great OZ mad and I would not refer anyone in any kind of vulnerable state but your mental health in the hands of this guy. He is worse than a drug addiction and he wants to keep you hooked.

June 21st, 2013
$100 no show fee. I understand that missed appointments means less money for the practice, but $100 is just ridiculous. I've never heard of any fee higher than $25. I feel alienated by this fee, and will not be returning.

May 6th, 2013
Surprised by Lack of Professionalism
After I arrived late, which was arguably not my fault due to promptly arriving at the doctor's previous office, still listed on the internet and which I believe was given to me by my insurance company, Dr. Wilets insisted on burning up more of the time with non-medical details. He stated that I would need to pay for the entire session (approximately 1 hour for a new patient) even though I was 15-20 minutes late. He waited for me to respond and I replied I was not happy about that. (I had looked forward to establishing a new relationship and I was disappointed that I lost the time. I was not in any way belligerent or aggressive.) He repeated himself 3 more times to which I said nothing. I began to feel like we would spend an hour talking about finances. It turned out I was right. After telling me that I didn't have to worry because my insurance would cover it, he said we needed to review my insurance coverage. No, he had not used my 20 minutes of tardiness to check my coverage. He was sitting at his desk reading my policy while I waited. Finally I let him know my preference for using our shortened time together to discuss my medical issues. I also assured him that if there was patient expenses I would pay my bill, I asked if we could start the session and he said "no." I left. I understand charging me for time that I was late, although I do believe I was given his address by his office or the insurance company. If I looked it up myself, there were two. I verified this on my phone when I was in the other parking lot, lost. His staff informed me she sent an email "no patient packet," with the correct address and paperwork. I have looked in my inbox, my junk and my trash and I could not find this. What I highly resent is that when I did arrive he was unwilling to be pleasant and have the remainder of the session. I'm also bi-polar. Things like this are triggers. Why would a psychiatrist have such little skill in working with this issue? I can only say that all the positive reviews he's had may be from patients with conditions less frustrating than mine or they have never experienced a competent, professional psychiatrist. I'd give him no stars, or even a negative number, if I could.

April 22nd, 2012
OUTSTANDING DOCTOR
I have been with Dr. Wilets for about a year now. All I can say is that he saved my job, my marriage, and my sanity. I would highly recommend him to a ...

April 10th, 2012
Personal & Caring.
have been going to Dr Wilets for several years now and feel very confident with him. He is a very caring doctor and will go the extra mile to assist his patients

November 16th, 2011
Excellent Dr
Dr. Wilets makes me feel at ease and always shows me respect. I have never waited long and have never been rushed out the door. Dr. Wilets diagnosed me accurately and his follow up is excellent. In short, Dr. Wilets changed my life for the better!

November 15th, 2011
Dr Wilets is the Best
I am very grateful to Dr. Wilets for his professionalism, intelligence and tenacity in seeing my diagnosis through to successful treatment. Were it not for his dedicated care and treatment during my often-challenging condition I would not be at this stable and productive place in my life. He is a genuinely concerned doctor. In times of crisis he is readily available and exerts all of his professional efforts to help. He is a wonderful psychiatrist, and I owe a great deal to his care.

November 10th, 2011
Exceptional Psychiatrist!
Dr. Wilets was my treating psychiatrist for over 20 years before his relocation to another state. He possesses a vast knowledge of treatment modaliti ...