Overall Review

July 5th, 2016
BEST doctor!!! It's been 5 yrs since my cancer scare!! Love him!!!

August 26th, 2015
Removed a LARGE tumor
Dr. Willis removed a very large tumor that had been growing in my elderly mother's ovary for some time. From the initial consultation to the follow up visit Dr. Willis was extremely kind, helpful and knowledgeable. From the very beginning he helped to instill a sense of confidence in my mother and our family members in the midst of a potentially scary situation. The surgery went very well with no complications. Dr. Willis even came to visit my mother in the hospital the day after her surgery (his day off) in blue jeans to see how she was doing. My mother and the rest of the family were extremely pleased with the treatment provided to my mother by Dr. Willis and his team. We all give him the HIGHEST recommendation.

May 1st, 2014
He saved my life.
How do you thank someone for saving your life? I am trying to figure that out, but I will start by sharing my story so that others can be blessed by Dr. Willis. After a year of suffering from long, heavy periods, a nurse at another hospital's ER discreetly told me that I should see Dr. Willis because he save her life. He was pretty much my 5th opinion. In a nutshell, he ordered a pelvic MRA - a test no other doctor even considered - and it identified a blood vessel malformation which required a hysterectomy - a "no brainer" of a decision. Dr. Willis'' "hunch" was right, and my life was literally saved by him. He was highly recommended by the woman who performed my MRA as well - she had had uterine cancer and also told me Dr. Willis saved HER life. When I consulted with my OB-GYN prior to surgery, she told me she knew and had worked with Dr. Willis and that "he was the guy we called in when we couldn't stop the bleeding" This made me super confident in him performing my operation, which was made slightly complicated by the blood vessel malformation. Do not mistake Dr Willis' confidence for cockiness. He has a quirky sense of humor which makes you feel at ease (and as a doctor that deals with cancer patients I imagine you have to have that). He always, always made me feel like I could ask him anything, and he even gave me a hug when he knew I needed one. My surgery was on a Friday and he came to my hospital room both Saturday AND Sunday to check on me. Both before & after surgery he was available to answer questions I had PERSONALLY. For someone who is obviously busy, he makes time to make his patients feel comfortable and cared for. I hope that this review will help bless someone who needs help the way I did. I literally trusted him with my life, and am going to enjoy the rest of my life because of it.

September 10th, 2013
Excellent cancer specialist
I had the DaVinci robotic surgery for uterine cancer. Dr. Willis is very skilled with this surgery. His nurses and office staff got back to me when I had questions about my recovery. Dr. Willis is very thorough, compassionate, and kind. He also puts his patients at ease when you're the most nervous. Most of all, he gives you his time during a very difficult stage of your life. I give him 5 stars! I was only in the hospital one night with this surgery.

May 10th, 2012
So far Dr. Willis has been awesome.He has been right on the money with everything.I am still waiting on Pathology results to see what my next course of action will be.

February 28th, 2012
This doctor is a caring professional who will not sacrifice the standard of care ant time or any where. He gave me a large incision when I wanted laparoscopy. It was cancer and it involved my colon. I am glad I listened to him as I am now cancer free.

February 7th, 2012
AWFUL!!!
DR WILLIS BASED HIS DIAGNOSIS OF MY PROBLEM EXCLUSIVELY ON MY ULTRASOUND. HE FAILED TO ASK ANYTHING ABOUT MY HISTORY. HE ASSUMED I HAD CANCER AND SAID HE WOULD MAKE A INCISION FROM MY STERNUM TO PUBIC BONE. I LEFT HIS OFFICE KNOWING THAT I WOULD NEVER LET HIM TOUCH ME. ONE WEEK LATER I HAD SUCCESSFUL LAPROSCOPIC SURGERY FROM A VERY CARING SURGEON WHO WAS VERY REASSURING!! THERE WAS NO CANCER AND I AM DOING VERY WELL WITHOUT A HUGE INCISION. RUN FROM HIM AT ALL COSTS!!

October 1st, 2009
Nice to know I have the best!

March 20th, 2009