Dr. Gregory Yanish, MD
Gregory J. Yanish, MD, FACS

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Thankful for this surgeon!  |  show details
by Richard and Karin Jones on Sep 7th, 2014

My husband and I recently had surgery by Dr. Yanish, my husband scapholnate dissocication on wrist, me endoscopic carpal tunnel on both hands at the same time and removal of cyst on a finger. We would highly recommend Dr. Yanish not only for his amazing ability as a surgeon but for his bedside manners!! Dr. Yanish and his assistant Randy treated us like they would want to be treated, with care, concern and compassion! If only more doctors would treat their patients like we were treated the medical world would be blessed !!

|  Phenominal Dr.  |  show details
by Jill G. on Aug 9th, 2014

I saw Dr. Yanish for problems with tennis elbow after a very bad experience with Dr. Jason Sullivan. Dr. Yanish actually did an exam on me and agreed I needed surgery on my elbow. He explained everything to me, took the time to answer my questions, and told me that he had made it his life's work to help patients heal from a tennis elbow surgery and he promised to be there through the entire journey with me as well. I am eight weeks out of surgery, the arm is healing well, and I couldn't be more impressed with Gregory Yanish. I would highly recommend Dr. Yanish to anyone who needs any kind of hand or elbow surgery. He is kind, compassionate, and has a great bedside manner. It's probably easier to say that even though he is a very talented physician, he is humble and carries no ego with him into his exam rooms with his patients. You will be treated as a human being and not just another surgery with this Dr.

|   |  show details
by Miles Luchtenburg on Apr 25th, 2014

Great surgeon and explains procedures well. Highly recommende...thanks!

|  Miracle Worker  |  show details
by Jonah H.W. on Jan 22nd, 2014

For the past seven years, I have had horrible wrist and hand problems. I had seen several doctors for it but when I saw Dr. Yanish, he knew exactly what was going on in my wrists. He would describe my symptoms to me and I knew I was finally in good hands! He did an endoscopic carpel tunnel release, wrist de Quervain release on both wrists and a cubital tunnel release on my right elbow. Everything went very smoothly, he and his staff were great through the whole process going above and beyond, from start to finish! I cannot remember when my wrists have been pain free like they are now. I would highly HIGHLY recommend Dr. Gregory Yanish! Thank you!!!

|  Trusted, Competent, excellent surgeon  |  show details
by Gerald. M. on Jan 4th, 2014

I would choose Dr. Yanish for any other procedure I need. I had three procedures performed by Dr. Yanish and am impressed with his skills and ability. He is personable, explains everything to your satisfaction. My recovery and pain were greatly reduced bu the fact that Dr. Yanish is highly skilled in endoscopic procedures.

|  Still doing well after 2 years  |  show details
by lilj on Nov 4th, 2013

I had endoscopic carpel tunnel release surgery in July 2011. I had both wrists done with 3 weeks between surgeries. I'm happy to report that I have no problem with any normal activities. I can do pushups, carry my granddaughter, brush the dog, ride a bike all without pain or numbness. I have no pain or numbness during sleep. I have recommended Dr. Yannish to everyone I know. He is a miracle man who has changed my life. I suffered with carpel tunnel symptoms for 14 years before my surgery. My mom had the old fashioned surgery about 6 years ago and still has problems. She will probably need to have it done again. I have told her to see Dr. Yanish. He is the best!

by Brenda D. on Oct 26th, 2013

I found Dr Yanish to be insightful, intelligent and to have an exceptional "bedside manner" (something you don't find often in surgeons) I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a competent and caring medical provider.

Jun 4th, 2013

The professionalism of Dr. Yanish and his assistant make you feel at ease and not just a number. He is thorough in his diagnosis and follow up. He explains your diagnosis, plan, procedures, follow ups, etc.. so that you are fully aware of what to expect. I transferred to Dr. Yanish after being seen by another physician who misdiagnosed my condition. I am in the healthcare profession myself and am completely impressed with Dr. Yanish and his skills. I now refer patients to him, hands down! (no pun intended!) We are fortunate to have such a skilled and kind physician in our community, they are far and few!

by Rick G. on May 23rd, 2013

I received carpal tunnel surgery on both arms. One week later I feel almost completely over the surgery, and 100% better. I was able to resume most activities after a couple of days. I consider this a great success from the beginning of the process all the way through.

Nov 7th, 2012

I had hand surgery that was done by Dr. Yanish. You can depend upon him to be friendly, honest, reliable, and trustworthy. He explains everything before, during, and after surgery. He makes great eye contact during conversation. He cares for and is interested in his patients. He has an excellent staff too. Friendly, personal, and caring staff.

|  would strongle recommend  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

Dr. yanish is very professional yet helps you understand your condition and the steps he will take to address the problem. He is concerned about the patient's well-being (very caring attitude). His diagnosis was dead-on, after having been missed by a prior doctor with more years of experience.

|  Pain Free Patient!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

I suffered from nightly pain for three years, after my right hand surgery with Dr. Yanish (released carpal endoscope) I was pain free that first night. Had left hand done few weeks later, same thing! THANK-YOU DR. YANISH!!! I am sleeping pain free, and getting my life back again..

|  Carpel Tunnel Surgery  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

Dr. Yanish did my carpel tunnel surgery on both hands at same time. I am a firefighter and use my hands alot. The surgery was quick and had easy recovery. Within about 2-3 days I felt I had full use of hands and within 7 days I was cleared for work with no restrictions. I would recommend Capitol Ortho and Dr. Yanish to anyone.

|  Both Wrists at Once - NO PROBLEM - John Rullestad  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

Dr. Yanish performed my bi-lateral (both wrists at once) surgery today at 12:30 p.m. I'm recovering at home very well and I'm even typing this like normal. If he isn't the best hand surgeon, I don't know who is. He also surrounds himself with an exceptional team of professionals. If you're thinking about it but your scared, DON'T BE. Schedule it and do it. My name is John, I am 46 and live in Nevada. If you have questions, ask them, then get it done. I'm thrilled!

Jul 13th, 2011

Really great surgeon!!! A

|  Donald Young  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

Dr. Yanish is the GREATEST. I cannot find the appropriate verbs to describe his magnificent surgical skills, personality, etc. He is a magician in my eyes. He performed carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands. The surgery was LESS traumatic than having a tooth filled and 100% successful. His assistants were just as GREAT as he.

|  Outstanding!!!!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

Dr. Yanish has performed 2 hand surgeries on my left hand and I couldn't have more confindence in any doctor. He is very professional, extremely knowledgable as well as personable. His nurses are the great . . . real sweeties. I will be needing surgery on my other hand in the upcoming months and I would not consider going to another surgeon. He is absolutely outstanding. I would most definitely recommend him to other family members and friends.

Mar 21st, 2011

Very professional, knowledgeable and personable. Received great information about the surgery and follow-up information. Would recommend him to anyone needing hand surgery. In fact, I already have!

|  #1 Doctor  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

Dr. Yanish is the best doctor in all ways that I have been to. He takes time with you, answers your questions in a understandable language and ALWAYS takes the time to listen. I trust him completely and recommend him to anyone needing his care. I feel he is my friend and not just my doctor.

|  Dr. Yanish is the best of the best!  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Thought I would have to live with hand pain the rest of my life...Dr Yanish assured me during my initial visit that he could give me back the use of my right hand. My surgery was performed two months ago, and I would highly recommend to anyone that is having any kind of hand pain, that they see this incredible surgeon. From day one, he put my mind at ease, took the time I needed for assurance of success, and continued to care for me like I was his one and only patient. My left hand will need the same surgery one day, and believe me, he will be the only doctor I will allow to take care of me. I am very thankful for Dr. Gregory Yanish.

|  Most pleased!!!!!  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

This past December Dr. Yanish performed a basal thumb joint reconstruction. I could not be anymore pleased with the outcome. Within 7 weeks the use of my hand is pretty much back to normal...just a matter of getting full strength back. I am most pleased with his professionalism...appearance, as well as his explanation of the problem, and proceedure to correct the problem. I will have the same proceedure next winter, on my left hand. I very highly recommend Dr. Yanish!

|  The best doctor  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2010

I also had to wait about a half hour to see Dr Yanish. As with all of the best Doctors in this country that are popular and sought after, he is worth the wait. He looks quite young, but I trust him more than any other Doctor I have seen. He made me feel safe, and answered all of my questions in a way that I understood. My hand is working perfectly.

Dec 6th, 2010

I was in the waiting room for 45 minutes with my first appointment but it turned out to be a worthwhile wait. I had been diagnosed with carpal tunnel 7 years previously and has feared having a procedure as I was told the recovery time was 6 weeks. The pain and numbness was disturbing my sleep and I felt miserable. I agreed to the surgery after all my questions were answered. Immediately after the surgery I could tell the difference. Yes, there was some post-op pain but it did not compare to the discomfort prior to surgery. I returned to work less than a week after the operation and now I can sleep through the night with out awakening to burning, throbbing, numbing pain!

Nov 11th, 2010

Dr. Yanish was very kind and helpful. He did a wonderful job repairng my hand (my scar is almost invisible) and made me feel safe and cared for through the entire experience. I would, and very much do, recommend him to anyone.

|  Tennis Elbow - Gone!  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2010

I went to Dr. Yannish after suffering for years with tennis elbow. Before taking any actions he ran the appropriate tests to make sure of exactly what he needed to treat. Without a doubt, my tendon had a large tear. Dr. Yannish performed the surgery and warned me of how painful and long the recovery would be. We were both surprised when the third day after surgery my only pain meds were over the counter naproxen and after 7 weeks my arm was as good as new - without needing physical therapy! Great job Dr. Yannish! Thanks for giving me the use of my arm again!

|  like him a lot  |  show details
by Karen j.Herron on Jan 9th, 2010

he is very competant,self assured, sometimes a bit arrogant but I like it, deals well with difficult patients like me, makes me sad I only have 2 elbows to fix and wish I was 20 years younger THANKS GREGORY J. YANNISH

by Mary L on Jul 21st, 2009

My favorite doctor! Very nice and quite skilled!