Obstetricians & Gynecologists

1 Memorial Dr
Ste 216
Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-5574
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

|  Avoid This Doctor!!!!  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2013

Dr. Byrkit does deserve even the one star that I had to give her. She does not have the people skills to be a doctor. She does not listen to her patients or try to address any of their concerns. She does not show any compassion. She treats her patients rudely and apparently believes that her office staff can act rudely and disrespectfully as well. She has even gone as far as calling a patient a liar. After many upsetting encounters with her I made the decision to go to a different doctor. The best decision I ever made!

Jan 24th, 2013

Horrible bedside manner. Does not listen, talks very rudely to me and my husband. Avoid!

|  Do not recommend.  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

There is too much to write..... I switched gyns due to insurance reasons. The first time I went was for an annual checkup. It went ok but I developed problems later that year. She had tunnel vision...didn't listen to what I was saying...symptoms that I was having. The last time I went I was having pelvic pains and irregular bleeding, etc. she wouldn't do any tests. Talked about me losing weight....sarcastic. I left so discouraged with no answers. My husband wasn't happy....went to my primary dr and found I had an uti and large ovarian cyst. He ran blood tests that she wouldn't do. I found another gyn and just love him. He truly cares and takes time with you. Bottom line...I do to recommend.

|  The worst !  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

Do not trust her, she is a money hungry !Very Rude, narcissistic and venal!

Sep 19th, 2011

This doctor is the worst doctor in the world and I most certainly would not recommend her to even my worst enemy. She is extremely rude and has no compassion for her patients what so ever. After every visit I left her office crying because she makes people feel very stupid and small. She does not answer your questions and if you call into her office to ask a question she will yell at you and make you feel bad for even calling. She even told me to not have my mother call her even though I signed a release form saying my mom is allowed to know everything. Im switching doctors immediately. I had an out patient procedure where I felt very dizzy and thought I was going to pass out, I tried telling her so, but instead of helping she told me I needed to pay attention to what she was saying. She is very money hungry and it is sad that a doctor like her is still in practice.

|  horrible doctor  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

I wouldn't ever recommend this doctor to anyone. She has no bedside manner as well as no consideration. I trusted her for a long time when she wanted to keep doing invasive procedures on me and I believed it was in my best interest. My mother begged me to get a 2nd oppinion and I did so with a specialist who couldn't believe all she had put me through. She also told me if I would've kept going back I would have had a hard time giving birth due to all of the scar tissue she was leaving.

|  Patient for 6 years  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2011

Dr. Byrkit has been my doctor for the past 6 years and has seen me through 3 high risk pregnancies. Our first daughter was stillborn at 35 weeks for no apparent reason and in the hospital room Dr. Byrkit cried with me and my husband. When I went to see her a few days after our loss she spent as much time as my husband & I needed her answering questions and being very supportive. When I got pregnant with our 2nd child a few short months later she did everything possible to put me at ease and I had a very healthy baby girl born at 37 weeks. Our 3rd child's pregnancy was a very stressful one for everyone involved, including Dr. Byrkit. I ended up having a previa that caused me to start bleeding at 28 weeks. Dr. Byrkit was very concerned for me and our unborn son. She did everything possible for me to carry our baby as long as I could and he was born at 34 weeks via an emergency c-section, but he is a very healthy little guy today. Dr. Byrkit has cried with me, laughed with me, and seen me through some very emotional times and I cannot imagain having gone through all my pregnancies without her.

Jun 15th, 2011

I would NOT recommend Dr. Byrkit. She is very rude, condesending, and not easy to talk to. She makes you feel stupid for having concerns with your pregnancy. Example: I called the doctor's after hours at 37 weeks along, I had severe swelling all the way up to my knees, and moderate swelling in my hands. My mother, who is a nurse, decided to take my blood pressure, it was really high, 145/94. I laid down for a couple hours with my feet propped up, took it again, still very high. I called the after-hours care, she was the on call doctor. I told her what my BP was, she very rudely asked, "who told you to take you blood pressure, why did you take it?" She did not believe that it was that high, had me go to hospital to get checked. There it was 152/105. I was admitted for fetal distress, she wasn't worried about my BP, told me not to take it when I was discharged (12 hours later, with no answers). I gave birth to a stillborn child 13 days later (I had a healthy pregnancy and my baby had great heartrate until my BP went up at 37 weeks and didn't go down). I had another doctor tell me, had she taken me seriously, and done something about my BP, I would have my baby today.

May 20th, 2011

Money Hungry!!! Can be abrupt and rude!

Mar 21st, 2010

She is rude, vague, and has put me through torture! I have spent way to much time and money on this doctor for nothing!

|  Didn't like  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2009

I do not like this doctor. I think she is rude and cruel. I was due at anytime and was having problems with my pregnancy. I went to the hospital due to a lot of pressure and the nurse coldfeel the baby's head in the pelvis but Dr. Byrkit sent me on home due to I wasn't dialating. That night I was back at the hospital to delivery and due to not admitting me in earlier that day, the baby had complications. My child is healthy now but was not at the time of delivery.