Dr. Gretchen Byrkit MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

April 12th, 2017
Don't use if your a veteran
The VA tried to schedule an appointment for us as well as picking up the bill. Told us no and that they don't deal with veterans. Staff is extremely rude on multiple occasions. Should all be fired, fined and sent to public relation classes.

April 3rd, 2017
Avoid this doctor
I was in need to be seen very soon, because of bleeding. I'm 80 years old. She not only hurt me during the exam, but was incredibly rude and short with me. She told me I should have went to another doctor because my bleeding was not vaginal. She refused to even give me a simple urine test to see if the blood was from my bladder. Also refused to help find me another doctor and referral. She was horrible! All she did was hurt me and delay me in getting the help I could have gotten. Now I have made a appointment with another doctor on my own, but that is not for 2 more months. She could have been so much more compassionate. If this is anything serious she caused me this delay, plus the cost of a painful exam.

November 13th, 2015
The lady at the front desk (I believe her name was Carol) was the rudest person I have ever dealt with. This woman should be fired. I have a low income and was willing to make monthly payments but she told me that Dr. Byrkit was not going to be happy about the fact that I could not pay in full. She said Dr. Byrkit did her completed the procedure on me and so its my responsibility to do my part. I was willing to pay but couldn't pay all at once. They should be willing to work with people. I always pay my bills. I've never dealt with such a rude person in my life. I'm sure Dr. Byrkit would not be happy with the way her staff treats people. I will not be returning to Dr. Byrkit because of this woman and will tell all my friends and family not to.

March 19th, 2015
I am on my second pregnancy. The delivery of my first baby was rough, but I am certain that Dr. Byrkit saved my life and the life of my son. I would recommend her to anyone.

February 13th, 2015
Wonderful doctor!!
Dr. Byrkit is the most sincere and compassionate doctor I have. If you are looking for a doctor who will care and listen, she is the doctor to go to! I have an anxiety disorder and she saw me through my entire pregnancy with compassion and understanding. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking a competent and caring physician. Just love her and her nurses!!

January 15th, 2015
I was pregnant and miscarried and despite numerous calls, I never saw or spoke with Dr. Byrkit. She repeatedly had her nurse manage my issues and refused to speak to me personally to address my concerns. TERRIBLE!

March 1st, 2013
Avoid This Doctor!!!!
Dr. Byrkit does deserve even the one star that I had to give her. She does not have the people skills to be a doctor. She does not listen to her patients or try to address any of their concerns. She does not show any compassion. She treats her patients rudely and apparently believes that her office staff can act rudely and disrespectfully as well. She has even gone as far as calling a patient a liar. After many upsetting encounters with her I made the decision to go to a different doctor. The best decision I ever made!

January 24th, 2013
Horrible bedside manner. Does not listen, talks very rudely to me and my husband. Avoid!

October 30th, 2012
Do not recommend.
There is too much to write..... I switched gyns due to insurance reasons. The first time I went was for an annual checkup. It went ok but I developed problems later that year. She had tunnel vision...didn't listen to what I was saying...symptoms that I was having. The last time I went I was having pelvic pains and irregular bleeding, etc. she wouldn't do any tests. Talked about me losing weight....sarcastic. I left so discouraged with no answers. My husband wasn't happy....went to my primary dr and found I had an uti and large ovarian cyst. He ran blood tests that she wouldn't do. I found another gyn and just love him. He truly cares and takes time with you. Bottom line...I do to recommend.

September 20th, 2011
The worst !
Do not trust her, she is a money hungry !Very Rude, narcissistic and venal!

September 19th, 2011
This doctor is the worst doctor in the world and I most certainly would not recommend her to even my worst enemy. She is extremely rude and has no compassion for her patients what so ever. After every visit I left her office crying because she makes people feel very stupid and small. She does not answer your questions and if you call into her office to ask a question she will yell at you and make you feel bad for even calling. She even told me to not have my mother call her even though I signed a release form saying my mom is allowed to know everything. Im switching doctors immediately. I had an out patient procedure where I felt very dizzy and thought I was going to pass out, I tried telling her so, but instead of helping she told me I needed to pay attention to what she was saying. She is very money hungry and it is sad that a doctor like her is still in practice.

August 10th, 2011
horrible doctor
I wouldn't ever recommend this doctor to anyone. She has no bedside manner as well as no consideration. I trusted her for a long time when she wanted to keep doing invasive procedures on me and I believed it was in my best interest. My mother begged me to get a 2nd oppinion and I did so with a specialist who couldn't believe all she had put me through. She also told me if I would've kept going back I would have had a hard time giving birth due to all of the scar tissue she was leaving.