A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gretchen Fuerste:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gretchen Fuerste, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Fuerste graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Fuerste has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque
- Allen Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fuerste accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 4 plans
- Dean Health Plan - 6 plans
- Unity Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gretchen Fuerste practice?
Dr. Gretchen Fuerste practices Ophthalmology near Dubuque, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Guttenberg, IA.
See Dubuque Ophthalmologists.